1994 Accord

1994 Honda Accord

5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 1994 Honda Accord?

Like a Timex - She keeps on ticking

by KatBar from Frederick, MD on Mon Jun 11 2012

Passed 200k miles this year and still runs okay (even gets good gas mileage). Starting to have more mechanical issues, but that's altogether reasonable. She's a wagon, the last year of production and what a great design - fit's 6' bookshelves, even a 9' balance beam! Great family car. One of the few drawbacks are that the seats are not that comfortable; they're simply okay. Too bad cars this durable and useful aren't made anymore.

Very satisfied

by TO from on Sat Sep 21 2013

I purchased a 1994 Honda Accord from and I will have to say that I am happy with my car, it runs well and is a very reliable vehicle, also the car salesman helped me with a free oil change and replaced the front tires free of charge. I am very happy I chose this car dealership

Good First Car

by Will I. from Towson, MD on Fri Jun 08 2018

A fun sporty car with lots of a generous amount of space and lots of potential. My only problem has been the constant repairs... new transmission, new axles, etc

An oldie but a really great goodie

by Ginnie loves her honda! from Egg Harbor Township, NJ on Tue Aug 17 2010

I love this car! It handles great, sounds great and feels great. I've maintained it according to the Honda schedule and it has been a faithful and sturdy companion for 10 years. It was only last year that i had to replace the original brakes. I highly recommend the '94 Honda Accord as a great used car for those who can't afford a newer Honda.

all around winner

by 94 accord EX from Austin, TX on Tue Jan 16 2007

I bought this car for $3800 with 134,000 miles. I have driven it hard, (it has handled it very well) for almost 50,000 miles, and all I have had to do to it is replace the clutch, fix an oil leak, and replace an axle. It has an extremely comfortable ride, and handles very well performance-wise for a family sized car, with its sports supsension. It is very quick for its family car category as well, quicker than V6 mustangs/camaros and cars of that nature. Even at 130 mph it had more to go, and didn't shake at all...it felt the same as it does when its going 50. Third and fouth gear have very good acceleration (this is where this car pulls away from others). It has a stiff performance clutch that I like much better than the soft clutches put on most cars. The leather seats are very comfortable- the perfect mix of softness and support, and the ride is excellent. The interior is very sleek, sporty, and classy, especially with the grey leather. It's an overall great car, and I have no complaints whatsoever. I much prefer my car to most of the new cars friends have that cost 5x as much

Warhorse 94 Accord

by fonda honda from Burlington, Vermont on Wed Nov 23 2011

Owned this car for 5 + years and have always enjoyed it's incredible reliabilty, economy and styling. Honda only made this model in '94 then redesigned subsequent models - I think they realized that they had created the perfect car and knew no one would have to buy newer Hondas cause the 94 would last forever . . . Read recently that the 94 Accord topped the list of most popular vehicles targeted for car theft - think about it, why is a 17 yr. old car so attractive? There are still lots of 94's on the road, a true testament to it's quality.

The best used car you can find

by cstone from Fort Smith, AR on Sun Oct 04 2009

Ive driven my Honda Accord Coupe for two years now. When I bought it the 2.2L VTEC had 180,000 miles on it. I drive close to a 70 mile commute everyday and each day my car reminds me of the quality, value, gas mileage, and performance these cars are known for. If it were up to me, I would name these cars the best used cars available for your money. These cars are fast, very responsive, very comfortable, loads of standard features, and they their interior/exterior design is excellent. Low maintenance and great gas mileage finish off my list of brags on the 94 Accord. The only con I find with my car and these accords in general is long trips can get irritating. If you want to buy your teenager the best car for your money or you need a work car that does everything I recommend searching out this car.

wow

by honda convert from Mpls on Sun Apr 05 2009

bought a lease return in '96--have not had a single lick of trouble with it since--175k and still going strong..occasionally I open the hood and make sure the engine is still there..the key is to find a good mechanic

Awesome Car for the Money

by Milkman from Winston Salem,N.C. on Sat Aug 15 2009

My 1994 Honda Accord Ex 2dr Coupe has 183,000 miles an still drives like new.I tell you the Honda Accords from 1994 thru 1997 are all over the place what a populer car I love the body Style. Remember by a Honda from 1994 Thru 1997 they were built really well.

Still love it

by Tom from Chicago area on Wed May 28 2008

I have owned this car ( a '94 EX) since the time when I bought it used in 1996, and just cannot let go of it. It has never given me any problems in its lifetime, (it has 79k on it, is garaged and babied still), and although I could easily afford to move on, I won't. I test drove a used Acura RL the other day, and it just wasn't as much fun as this car. The car still looks new, and with the exception of some minor body rust on one panel near the rear wheel well on one side, it is flawless. It has just enough options, and does not have the complicated gagets new cars have that most of the time are never used. A good solid car, with good gas mileage, peppy and reliable as a good friend.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 1994 Honda Accord

Despite rumors to the contrary, it's still too early to pat the station wagon in the face with a shovel.

The wagon is far from dead, and American Honda Motor Co. affirmed this last month with the introduction of an all-new 1994 Honda Accord wagon.

"There are still people who do not want a truck ride," said Joel Pitman, general manager of Dan Young Honda. "And the station wagon gives them a ride like a car."

Designed and engineered in the U.S. and manufactured in Marysville, Ohio, the new station wagon is a derivative of the Accord sedan. In essence, the front half of the station wagon is a sedan. The back half is designed to accommodate the wagon body.

There are moderate variations to... Read More