2000 Accord

2000 Honda Accord

$496 - $6,572  MSRP Range
2000 Honda Accord

4.5

Have You Driven the 2000 Honda Accord?

Good car to own

by Tommy from San Jose on Thu Dec 24 2009

I bought my new EX-L v4 back in 2000. I put low mileage 60K in the past 9 years. It had rear brake replacement at 43K, new tires at 46K, and 2 batteries. I'm not sureprise about early rear brake replacement after reading comment from other owners. Recently my engine light turned on. I had my Accord checked, found that my tranmission sent a trouble signal to the controller. But 1 week later the engine light went off, I haven't seen any problem from the tranmission so far. My interior still looks new, including leather seats. Road, engine noise seem hard to avoid from any Honda car. Other than that, my accord runs like champ.

Very well made car

by TJ from FL on Sun Nov 08 2009

I have had a 2000 Accord SE since 2007 it had 52000 miles on it when I got it I have put about 30,000 on it and thus far the only issue and a very minor one at that was the O2 sensor module heater went bad and that only cost me about $50.00 to fix(did it myself).The car is nice and the only real weakness is that it could have a bit more power if it pushed out a little more horse power perhaps around 180hp I would give it 5 stars for performance.I gave it four stars in handling because the factory tires are utter rubbish replace them with something better like some good directional tires like Kuhmos or Toyos if you buy an Accord.Of course the area where Honda shines is in over all reliability and this Accord is no exception. This is the third Honda I have owned before this Accord I had a 1991 Civic hatchback for nine years and before that a 1985 Accord which I only had for about 3 years in high school before joining the military.I would estimate repair costs for all three cars would amount to around $1000.00 not including routine maintenance such as oil changes and new tires I know many people who have spent this much on one car you do the math.Over all you cant go wrong with a Honda they are the AK-47 of cars in other words they always work and never let you down which is the most important thing a machine can do for you no matter what some car companies adds may try to tell you.The only reason I would buy another brand of vehicle would be if I where to buy a high end luxury or something high powered like a BMW M3 or something but I am just a pleb so that wont be happening soon though the quality of a Honda makes me feel like a Roman with full citizen rights.Hondas can take massive abuse and still run I have seen some keep running that had bad oil leaks and others that where managing to run on only two cylinders.If you change the oil and filter at regular intervals your Honda should last a long long time which is good in this day and age.

Honda Accord 2000

by Ivan from Houston on Wed Apr 29 2009

I was a Toyota fan before. I used to drive a 1994 Toyota Camry. I bought the Camry with only 10,000 miles and I put more money on this car than what I payed for it. One day, I was talking to my freind and he was telling me how about how reliable his Honda Accord is. I dedided to by one myself. I bought the car about 5 years ago. I put in this car 80,000 miles on it and I have not done anything to it to this car. Great product.

best value hands down

by new honda lover from des moines ia on Sat Sep 01 2012

i recently picked up a 2000 accord coupe v6 and by far it is the most comfortable, easy to drive car i have ever owned. Plenty of power when you need it but also it has great fuel economy even in the city with the v6. The interior features are outstanding from the leather seats with side bolsters to the climate control to the great sound system, all easy to reach and operate from the drivers seat. Visibility is limited sometimes when trying to turn left if you have a passenger but other than that i have no complaints. Great car!

Very Smooth and awsome ride

by bond007 from Silver Spring, MD on Tue Mar 22 2011

Very reliable and dependable car. I have heard from people about recall on this Honda, but my car's transmission is original and very smooth. Do your regular maintenance and this honda will last for long.

Most car reliable

by Dspenc98 from Dover,Delaware on Sat Oct 14 2017

Bought this 2000 used with 54,000 miles on it in 2004. Now have 200,500 mile on the car. Replaced alternator at 100,000 and alternator bracket at 150,000. That is all!! Runs like a swiss watch. Nothing breaks in this car. Struts still original. Did one set of brakes, some tires and regular maintenance. Do your timing belt every 100,000 and flush auto transmission fluid every 50,000. I have owned toyotas and nissians, I would put honda 1st, toyota 2nd and nissian 3rd. Used to buy American but gave up!! This honda has been the most reliable car I have owned.My interior still looks new, including leather seats. Road, engine noise seem hard to avoid from any Honda car. Other than that, my accord runs like champ.

Best Car Ever

by Kevin from Basking Ridge, NJ on Mon Sep 29 2008

With my 2000 Accord just coming up on 100K miles, I've been thinking about buying something newer for myself, and giving this car to my son, but I'm hesitant because of how satisfied I have been. Buying this car in 2000 was the best money I have ever spent. In 8 years, the only thing to break down was the speaker in the front right door! I have a silver EX Sedan with leather interior. It's comfortable, roomy, and great looking. This is my second Honda in a row, and I got rid of the last one only because it had a few dinks and dents after 10 years. These cars go forever. I'm sure that this one will easily make another 100K.

Excellent car - best I've ever owned

by Honda Fan from on Wed Feb 18 2009

My wife and I bought this car used a few years ago. It is my favorite of all of the Accord body styles. We have never had a problem with it in the ~30K miles that we have owned it. The car runs like clockwork. It is a dependable vehicle with an understated style. We just purchased our next Accord, this makes four in a row!

Awesome first car

by New car owner from Occidental, CA on Mon Jan 23 2012

I recently purchased a 2000 Honda Accord DX. While it is meager on the extras, it is extremely fun t drive. The 2.3 liter 4 cylinder engine isn't the best at accelerating over 60 mph, but on the winding roads I drive on, it handles like a dream. My biggest complaint is the static build-up from the cloth seats on dry days. Overall a great first car.

Love this car! Great low miles and a great price.

by Honda Lover from New Albany IN on Tue Apr 29 2014

I love this car. It was low miles, clean and a great price, you can't beat that! Mike Smith at Tom Leis Auto sales was wonderful to work with, no high pressure just a good honest guy. He took lots of time with us we did not feel rushed or hurried in any way. I highly recommend this salesman and Tom Leis Auto Sales.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2000 Honda Accord

While in a special edition mindset, another one arrived to test, the Honda Accord SE sedan, a new for 2000 Special Edition Accord.

Though this one has nothing to do with the new century, it begged for a comparison with the Buick Century, and finished in second place when it came to stylish sheet metal.

Park an Accord next to a Camry and unless you can decipher logos on the hood, you'd be hard-pressed to tell them apart.

But, as Honda folks have often told us, people who buy Accords or even Brand X Camrys don't have styling at the top of their list; they have the good old-fashioned desire to get from point A to point B reliably and dependably in a vehicle that... Read More