2002 Honda Accord

Allways go Honda

by from Nashville Tennessee on January 16, 2009

I am 49 years old and have allways had a honda in the driveway.Being a GM owner for life,(experienced) in cars, Honda's are Far better.My wife drives a 02 accord v6 with 184,000 miles at TROUBLE FREE!WOW.and yes only 1 small trans problem at 84000 miles,It's just a flaw in 99-2002 yrs.so what! My experience in Honda's are BULLET PROOF Hands down. Resale value Allsome.I've owned 3 Accords,put over 250,00K on them in a lifetime,1 accord went 310,000 Trouble free,Just regular maintance!I LOVE my GMC truck and Tahoe,But Honda's have them beat HANDS DOWN!!! Now go figure, and you do the Math.

2002 Honda Accord Special Edition

by from Benton, Arkansas on November 22, 2010

Bought my Accord SE used with 77,000 miles. I always wanted a honda accord and I finally got one. I live in in a small but work about 1 or so away and my car has over 150,000 miles. The only problem I had was one computer that Monitors the engine's air. In my case the computer thought that the engine had to much air. So I got that fixed with no trouble. Other than that I would recommend this car to anyone.

2001 with 320,000 miles!!!

by from NH on July 31, 2012

I love my Honda, never had ANY trouble with it. Bought it new in 2001 and I will get another when this one is gone. 320,000 miles and still going!!!

very clean

by from on May 23, 2009

Honda Accord EX is a great car. Very clean, New Timing belt, serviced regularly. Runs perfectly, clean inside.

No Problems 8 years

by from AZ on February 8, 2011

Not one problem 2002 Accord SE, driving for eight years, smooth as day I bought it. Never had to take to shop for average $600 repairs for every problem. Money in the bank. Great car.

I will never buy anything but a Honda.

by from Springfield, mo on March 1, 2009

I bought my 2002 Accord coupe new and have since put over 239,000+ miles on it and have not had one single problem with the car. It still drives like it did when new. The 4cyl along with the 5speed gives me 36 mpg still! I would never buy anything else but a honda. I would recommend the 98-02 Accord to anyone, but only the 5speed 4cyl as the V6 automatic's have had a poor reliability record for transmission problems. I also have a 1999 Honda passport with 183,000 trouble free miles.

Runs Like a champ after 200,000 miles

by from Plainfield, IL on January 17, 2015

Other than the notorious transmission issues that people report with this car, I love it. We purchased it used in 2005 with 42,000 miles on it. It now has clicked over 201,000 miles just this week. Very minimal problems, just a few suspension things here and there aside from regular maintenance. The transmission does slip and shift rough, but this has made it 30,000+ miles with a bad transmission, and it's reliable enough that I am planning to replace a transmission in a car with this many miles. Yes, I am replacing the transmission. It is a Honda and I trust it to run at least another 50,000 miles. The $1,000 I'll spend doing the transmission is way better than buying something else that won't last nearly as long. And, the repairs don't outweigh the value in the first place. This thing has a trade in value of $2500, even more for a private sale. It's not leaving anytime soon. When the engine goes, I'll replace that too. These things get over 300,000 miles easily, and I have no doubt this one can make it. Whether or not I will drive it that far is a different story, as eventually I would upgrade to something newer just for the newer features and comfort. As far as reliability, I'm not all that worried about it.

Best car ever!

by from Rocklin, CA on April 3, 2009

I won't buy anything but Hondas after owning an Accord. They are reliable, safe, and retain their value. Love them!

thrift shopper

by from Chicago on May 2, 2013

Had excellent performance with my car. It's as good as new Engine is top notch. Drives smooth and quiet. A/C and heater are very fast and effective. Trunk is huge. Handles well in all weather. Easy to park.

best car if you do right by them

by from houston,texas on December 12, 2010

Hondaa are good reliable cars too even though toyota is rank best but if you take care of a honda it will last just as long as a toyota 2002 honda accord v6

Our Expert Review: 2002 Honda Accord