2002 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

4.3
Average based on 44 reviews

Great car - no problems

by from Phoenix, AZ on August 1, 2009

104,000 miles - no problems. Regular maintenance - change oil & fluids, new battery, new tires, a new headlight bulb. Previous car was a 1992 Camry which I loved. When it came time for a new car, I went back to the Toyota dealer. They wouldn't budge on their price. I got a better deal with Honda

Allways go Honda

by from Nashville Tennessee on January 16, 2009

I am 49 years old and have allways had a honda in the driveway.Being a GM owner for life,(experienced) in cars, Honda's are Far better.My wife drives a 02 accord v6 with 184,000 miles at TROUBLE FREE!WOW.and yes only 1 small trans problem at 84000 miles,It's just a flaw in 99-2002 yrs.so what! My experience in Honda's are BULLET PROOF Hands down. Resale value Allsome.I've owned 3 Accords,put over 250,00K on them in a lifetime,1 accord went 310,000 Trouble free,Just regular maintance!I LOVE my GMC truck and Tahoe,But Honda's have them beat HANDS DOWN!!! Now go figure, and you do the Math.

Great Car

by from New Jersey on December 9, 2009

I am a younger driver (18), but my family bought the car brand new, then handed it to me when I started driving. Since it was purchased, the car has run like a champ. Never gave me any engine trouble, or transmission trouble (albeit I do own the 5-speed manual model) It currently has just over 80,000 miles. My only complaint about the car is the fact that all the little amenities are beginning to fail, and its somewhat lack of features for what the car is originally worth. For example, the button that holds the seatbelt buckle up in arms reach has broken off (not a big deal), the 12 volt plug is loose in its socket, and the button for the driver's map light is a bit finicky when turning it off and on, and the trunk cannot be slammed shut (it needs to be pushed closed). Also the car lacks ABS and Traction Control (should have been standard) and it lacks a keyless entry. Aside from that, its a fantastic car. I would recommend it to anyone. All of my friends driving their "cool" grand prix's have had so much engine trouble already. I just cannot stress how reliable this car has been. 2002 Accord LX Silver 5-Speed, Manual 4-Cyl

2002 Honda Accord Special Edition

by from Benton, Arkansas on November 22, 2010

Bought my Accord SE used with 77,000 miles. I always wanted a honda accord and I finally got one. I live in in a small but work about 1 or so away and my car has over 150,000 miles. The only problem I had was one computer that Monitors the engine's air. In my case the computer thought that the engine had to much air. So I got that fixed with no trouble. Other than that I would recommend this car to anyone.

No Problems 8 years

by from AZ on February 8, 2011

Not one problem 2002 Accord SE, driving for eight years, smooth as day I bought it. Never had to take to shop for average $600 repairs for every problem. Money in the bank. Great car.

very clean

by from on May 23, 2009

Honda Accord EX is a great car. Very clean, New Timing belt, serviced regularly. Runs perfectly, clean inside.

Was a great car until the transmission failed

by from Ypsilanti, MI on March 25, 2008

After five and a half years or meticulous maintenance, the transmission on my 2 door accord V6 failed at 70,000 miles. Honda has no explanation for why such a thing would happen except to say that my car was in an accident five years ago so they could no longer guarantee anything about the car. When I pointed out that they had to extend the warranty on the 2000-2001 V6 accords for similar problems and that I was aware that my vehicle had the same transmission type, the only answer they could give was that my VIN number was not included in that warranty extension. I've reviewed this problem online as well as with the NHTSA and the BBB who reveal hundreds of other accord owners with the same complaint of transmission failure at low mileage. This was a great car until now and I'm disturbed by Honda's refusal to stand behind their quality reputation for vehicle longevity and replace what they know is an inherently defective part. I would caution all future buyers about the customer service of this corporation.

2001 with 320,000 miles!!!

by from NH on July 31, 2012

I love my Honda, never had ANY trouble with it. Bought it new in 2001 and I will get another when this one is gone. 320,000 miles and still going!!!

Best car ever!

by from Rocklin, CA on April 3, 2009

I won't buy anything but Hondas after owning an Accord. They are reliable, safe, and retain their value. Love them!

best car if you do right by them

by from houston,texas on December 12, 2010

Hondaa are good reliable cars too even though toyota is rank best but if you take care of a honda it will last just as long as a toyota 2002 honda accord v6