2002 Accord

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

2002 Honda Accord Special Edition

by Honda Accord SE from Benton, Arkansas on November 22, 2010

Bought my Accord SE used with 77,000 miles. I always wanted a honda accord and I finally got one. I live in in a small but work about 1 or so away and my car has over 150,000 miles. The only problem I had was one computer that Monitors the engine's air. In my case the computer thought that the engine had to much air. So I got that fixed with no trouble. Other than that I would recommend this car to anyone.

Runs Like a champ after 200,000 miles

by Bryan from Plainfield, IL on January 17, 2015

Other than the notorious transmission issues that people report with this car, I love it. We purchased it used in 2005 with 42,000 miles on it. It now has clicked over 201,000 miles just this week. Very minimal problems, just a few suspension things here and there aside from regular maintenance. The transmission does slip and shift rough, but this has made it 30,000+ miles with a bad transmission, and it's reliable enough that I am planning to replace a transmission in a car with this many miles. Yes, I am replacing the transmission. It is a Honda and I trust it to run at least another 50,000 miles. The $1,000 I'll spend doing the transmission is way better than buying something else that won't last nearly as long. And, the repairs don't outweigh the value in the first place. This thing has a trade in value of $2500, even more for a private sale. It's not leaving anytime soon. When the engine goes, I'll replace that too. These things get over 300,000 miles easily, and I have no doubt this one can make it. Whether or not I will drive it that far is a different story, as eventually I would upgrade to something newer just for the newer features and comfort. As far as reliability, I'm not all that worried about it.

2001 with 320,000 miles!!!

by Deb from NH on July 31, 2012

I love my Honda, never had ANY trouble with it. Bought it new in 2001 and I will get another when this one is gone. 320,000 miles and still going!!!

No Problems 8 years

by AZBH from AZ on February 8, 2011

Not one problem 2002 Accord SE, driving for eight years, smooth as day I bought it. Never had to take to shop for average $600 repairs for every problem. Money in the bank. Great car.

I will never buy anything but a Honda.

by Grooldude from Springfield, mo on March 1, 2009

I bought my 2002 Accord coupe new and have since put over 239,000+ miles on it and have not had one single problem with the car. It still drives like it did when new. The 4cyl along with the 5speed gives me 36 mpg still! I would never buy anything else but a honda. I would recommend the 98-02 Accord to anyone, but only the 5speed 4cyl as the V6 automatic's have had a poor reliability record for transmission problems. I also have a 1999 Honda passport with 183,000 trouble free miles.

very clean

by great car from on May 23, 2009

Honda Accord EX is a great car. Very clean, New Timing belt, serviced regularly. Runs perfectly, clean inside.

Honda's achilles heel.. Transmission..Beware

by G from Long Island ny on September 26, 2013

Honda's overall a quality car, but as mentioned by 'Car guy' MO. Honda/Acura Worst transmissions during this cars production period. Thats not from me, thats from a 30 yr. professional builder. At 108k started slipping/jumping & thought a Flush n Filter may fix it ? Only problem is, Filter is a wire screen & cant be changed! All you can do is have fluid drained & replaced. so, after 90k or so, they get all gunked up & fail. He recommends to all Honda owners of that period to CHANGE Tranny fluid every 20k miles! Keep it clean.. If it hasn't been done, Do it NOW! $1700 for complete rebuild... Other parts are expensive in these cars... Their engines last forever, but what good is it if your Trannys shot?

Best car ever!

by Love my Hondas! from Rocklin, CA on April 3, 2009

I won't buy anything but Hondas after owning an Accord. They are reliable, safe, and retain their value. Love them!

Best Car on the Road!

by Value Monger from Greenville SC on August 26, 2012

It's been unbelievably reliable for 10 years. Has SE package which has all features including moon roof. I look to trade but just can't find anything to match the investment I have. All I've done is have serviced and washed/waxed for ten years and she's still a beauty. Don't make me an offer unless you plan to have a preacher and a ring when you do!

HONDA ACCORD '02

by EDWIN from L.A. CALIFORNIA. on June 3, 2008

I would suggest to everyone who is thinking to buy a honda accord, to buy extra coverage especially on transmission, I bougt a accord in 2001 and when it reaches 45,000 miles i had transmission problems.Luckly i still had manufactured coverage and they replaced it whithout cost to me.Now that i see other ratings on this car, i noticed that it wasn't only me with this type of problems.I also need to mention that after they replaced the transmission, i have never had any other problems with my car, now my car has 80k. I really like Honda brand but they need to really work on transmissions.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9