Read or write a review.

4.3
Average based on 44 reviews

Great car - no problems

by from Phoenix, AZ on August 1, 2009

104,000 miles - no problems. Regular maintenance - change oil & fluids, new battery, new tires, a new headlight bulb. Previous car was a 1992 Camry which I loved. When it came time for a new car, I went back to the Toyota dealer. They wouldn't budge on their price. I got a better deal with Honda

Allways go Honda

by from Nashville Tennessee on January 16, 2009

I am 49 years old and have allways had a honda in the driveway.Being a GM owner for life,(experienced) in cars, Honda's are Far better.My wife drives a 02 accord v6 with 184,000 miles at TROUBLE FREE!WOW.and yes only 1 small trans problem at 84000 miles,It's just a flaw in 99-2002 yrs.so what! My experience in Honda's are BULLET PROOF Hands down. Resale value Allsome.I've owned 3 Accords,put over 250,00K on them in a lifetime,1 accord went 310,000 Trouble free,Just regular maintance!I LOVE my GMC truck and Tahoe,But Honda's have them beat HANDS DOWN!!! Now go figure, and you do the Math.

2002 Honda Accord Special Edition

by from Benton, Arkansas on November 22, 2010

Bought my Accord SE used with 77,000 miles. I always wanted a honda accord and I finally got one. I live in in a small but work about 1 or so away and my car has over 150,000 miles. The only problem I had was one computer that Monitors the engine's air. In my case the computer thought that the engine had to much air. So I got that fixed with no trouble. Other than that I would recommend this car to anyone.

Was a great car until the transmission failed

by from Ypsilanti, MI on March 25, 2008

After five and a half years or meticulous maintenance, the transmission on my 2 door accord V6 failed at 70,000 miles. Honda has no explanation for why such a thing would happen except to say that my car was in an accident five years ago so they could no longer guarantee anything about the car. When I pointed out that they had to extend the warranty on the 2000-2001 V6 accords for similar problems and that I was aware that my vehicle had the same transmission type, the only answer they could give was that my VIN number was not included in that warranty extension. I've reviewed this problem online as well as with the NHTSA and the BBB who reveal hundreds of other accord owners with the same complaint of transmission failure at low mileage. This was a great car until now and I'm disturbed by Honda's refusal to stand behind their quality reputation for vehicle longevity and replace what they know is an inherently defective part. I would caution all future buyers about the customer service of this corporation.

very clean

by from on May 23, 2009

Honda Accord EX is a great car. Very clean, New Timing belt, serviced regularly. Runs perfectly, clean inside.

2001 with 320,000 miles!!!

by from NH on July 31, 2012

I love my Honda, never had ANY trouble with it. Bought it new in 2001 and I will get another when this one is gone. 320,000 miles and still going!!!

No Problems 8 years

by from AZ on February 8, 2011

Not one problem 2002 Accord SE, driving for eight years, smooth as day I bought it. Never had to take to shop for average $600 repairs for every problem. Money in the bank. Great car.

best car if you do right by them

by from houston,texas on December 12, 2010

Hondaa are good reliable cars too even though toyota is rank best but if you take care of a honda it will last just as long as a toyota 2002 honda accord v6

I will never buy anything but a Honda.

by from Springfield, mo on March 1, 2009

I bought my 2002 Accord coupe new and have since put over 239,000+ miles on it and have not had one single problem with the car. It still drives like it did when new. The 4cyl along with the 5speed gives me 36 mpg still! I would never buy anything else but a honda. I would recommend the 98-02 Accord to anyone, but only the 5speed 4cyl as the V6 automatic's have had a poor reliability record for transmission problems. I also have a 1999 Honda passport with 183,000 trouble free miles.

Best car ever!

by from Rocklin, CA on April 3, 2009

I won't buy anything but Hondas after owning an Accord. They are reliable, safe, and retain their value. Love them!

Our Expert Review: 2002 Honda Accord