Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2016 Accord

2016 Honda Accord

2016 Honda Accord

Have You Driven the 2016 Honda Accord?

2016 Honda Accord V6 - Great Car and Value

by Matthew from Baltimore-Washington Region on Sun Feb 18 2018

I was originally looking to purchase a slightly used luxury vehicle for under $35,000, but wanted to make sure that my research included non-luxury cars/SUVs that had good reviews. I drive a lot for work, averaging 10 - 15 hours in the car weekly, and wanted a vehicle that I would enjoy spending time in... both in traffic and on the highway. I also sometimes have up to three other passengers with me, so the car had to be roomy and comfortable for up to three additional adults. There was no prestige factor in my evaluation. I can afford a nice car, but don't want to afford it if I like something less expensive better. I spent hours reading all of the online reviews and comparison tests. Ultimately, I drove more than 15 different models of SUVs and sedans during my search. I like the elevated driving position of an SUV, but the driving dynamics of a sedan - so I evaluated both. My criteria came down to five essential elements: (1) enough luxury features to pamper me (comfort and electronics), (2) reliability, (3) fuel efficiency, (4) repair costs, and lastly (5) a 'fun to drive' factor. I keep my cars for at least 10 years, so the repair cost and reliability factors are very important to me. One of those two factors eliminated Mercedes, BMW, Audi, VW, Porsch, Jaguar, and Land Rover. I evaluated a number of Lexus vehicles (RX350 and NX SUVs, the ES, GS, and IS sedans) along with everything in the Acura family (except the RL) and Infinity family. In addition, I drove two Kia's (Optima and Sorento), two Hundai's (Sonata and Santa Fe Sport), and the Mazda CX-5 and Mazda6. Finally, I drove a few Toyota's (Camry, HIghlander, and Avalon) and Honda's (2018 CRV, 2018 2.0 Accord, and 2016 Accord V6). After two weeks, it came down to the Lexus GS, Acura RDX, Toyota Avalon, Mazda6, and Honda Accord V6. I liked each for a different combination of reasons. I had to eliminate the Lexus and Acura because the features I ultimately wanted on each (in something 2016 or newer) were above my price point. The Avalon was eliminated because it just didn't have sporty enough handling and was a bit large to park in the various locations I travel to. The Mazda6, although fund to drive, was a bit under-powered and made too much engine noise for my taste. The winner... for me, was the 2016 Honda V6 EX-L. I would have gone for the Touring, but the Honda Sensing technology was too sensitive and actually made me nervous at times. The 2018 2.0 Turbo was a blast to drive, but I'd like that turbo engine to be out a few more years before I purchase it since I don't know what the 10 year reliability will be like. The 2016 Accord V6 is practical luxury sedan. It has plenty of power, handles well in corners (not a sports car, but fun), is comfortable on the highway, is reliable, has a good enough set of speakers (preferred the Mazda6 Bose system), has the Apply CarPlay system that is great, has a nice looking interior, takes regular gas, and gets reasonable gas mileage when using Eco mode (27 mpg in mixed driving and up to 38 mpg on the highway). The chassis is one of the best I drove and was by far the best for the price point. I paid $20,450 and am very glad to have saved $15,000 on a depreciating asset. Very happy with my purchase . Hope this review helps someone in their car hunt.

An ImpressiveFirst encounter

by Redcoat from Lexington VA on Tue Apr 19 2016

Interior spacious and comfortable-driving response smooth and powerful and styling bold and with enough character to be impressive without being intrusive.There were lots of details to appeal to the techno driver while remaining simple and intuitive to be easily grasped.Best feature was the CVT which made driving the smoothest I've ever experienced, The interior fit and finish was of a superior level and could have graced a much more expensive vehicle.Altogether a delightful surprise.

My favorite car

by Silver Bullet from Gallatin, TN on Wed Aug 24 2016

I have driven European makes for years and finally came over to Honda for their reliability. This car has excellent features, and has great performance and a great ride. This is my favorite car I have ever owned, and I am now a Honda convert.

Great Car .... Ever since it`s inception !!!

by Devin from Triad , N.C. on Sun Oct 04 2015

Great car ,great reliability, gas mileage and resale .. One of the most highly sought after used cars . I always sell mine myself .. Don`t have to worry about lowball prices that you would get from GM , Ford , Chrysler /Dodge and the low grade Korean Cars ...

What's Not To Like?

by Teaspoon from San Diego,CA on Fri Jan 08 2016

So far the Accord is everything we thought it to be. I really couldn't see spending any more money on a higher end car when this Honda has everything we wanted at much more reasonable price. A really great car and I'm glad I purchased the EX L.

Elegant, economical, roomy, premium

by Happy Honda Owner from Minneapolis, MN on Thu Oct 22 2015

Just bought a 2016 Accord EX-L. So far it drives like a dream, is smooth as silk, comfortable, handles well in city traffic and the mileage is phenomenal. I've been getting 37 MPG highway and 28 MPG in the city. Apple Car Play is awesome. Excellent fit and finish, very good LED fog and tail lights, handling is tight and the car is very easy to drive and park. Visibility is unmatched. I traded in my 2007 Lexus RX 350 and do not feel like I downgraded at all. The infotainment system is quick, responsive and easy to use. I have referred two friends to the dealership to look into buying this car. BMW, Lexus and Mercedes-Benz owners notice my car in traffic and in parking lots. Sweet ride.

Second Accord

by In debt from OKLAHOMA on Wed Jun 22 2016

Well designed and well thought out as far as placement of instruments. Comfortable. My first purchase of an accord helped to make up my mind on the second accord purchase

Excellent car

by car enthu from dallas, TX on Wed Jan 06 2016

This car drives with passion and trendy. Recently there seems some issues with environmental noise and Honda dealer agreed to change it

Fine car.......

by Just Bud from SW Virginia on Sun Dec 18 2016

Purchased the EX-l V-6 this past Sept. There is little difference between the 2016 and 2017. I have to confess I am little interested in the different technical features. It's a car and I focus on how it DRIVES. The vehicle is quiet, the vehicle is well built, it handles and turns well. It is quick when you need it to be. It can accelerate smoothly or jump out of its skin. It is responsive at 25 mph or 55 mph. Now gas mileage. With about 750 miles on the engine I ran it around town...and got 23.5 mpg. Today I took it on a drive which was about 98% interstate. It's December so no AC running. But I averaged around 75 mph and got 38.4 mpg. I'm happy!!!!!!!!!!

Great value for the money

by Retiree from Marion, IN on Fri Feb 12 2016

It's the car I wanted to buy when I began "looking". I like its style, features, and economy. I can recommend it highly.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19

Our Take on the 2016 Honda Accord

The updated 2016 Honda Accord is a must-drive for any family-sedan shopper, but a few of its many "improvements" are steps backward.

The changes for 2016 could fill a small book. The updated Accord looks different and, in many cases, drives differently; it also boasts new multimedia connectivity and optional safety technology that's available on all trim levels. Compare it with the 2015 Accord here.

Speaking of trims, the Accord sedan starts with the LX and moves up to the Sport, EX, EX-L (four-cylinder or V-6) and V-6-only Touring. Coupes have roughly parallel trims. I drove Sport and Touring versions in sedan form, but you can compare the whole group here.

Exterior & Styling