NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2016 Accord

2016 Honda Accord

2016 Honda Accord

Have You Driven the 2016 Honda Accord?

Great Car .... Ever since it`s inception !!!

by Devin from Triad , N.C. on Sun Oct 04 2015

Great car ,great reliability, gas mileage and resale .. One of the most highly sought after used cars . I always sell mine myself .. Don`t have to worry about lowball prices that you would get from GM , Ford , Chrysler /Dodge and the low grade Korean Cars ...

An ImpressiveFirst encounter

by Redcoat from Lexington VA on Tue Apr 19 2016

Interior spacious and comfortable-driving response smooth and powerful and styling bold and with enough character to be impressive without being intrusive.There were lots of details to appeal to the techno driver while remaining simple and intuitive to be easily grasped.Best feature was the CVT which made driving the smoothest I've ever experienced, The interior fit and finish was of a superior level and could have graced a much more expensive vehicle.Altogether a delightful surprise.

Elegant, economical, roomy, premium

by Happy Honda Owner from Minneapolis, MN on Thu Oct 22 2015

Just bought a 2016 Accord EX-L. So far it drives like a dream, is smooth as silk, comfortable, handles well in city traffic and the mileage is phenomenal. I've been getting 37 MPG highway and 28 MPG in the city. Apple Car Play is awesome. Excellent fit and finish, very good LED fog and tail lights, handling is tight and the car is very easy to drive and park. Visibility is unmatched. I traded in my 2007 Lexus RX 350 and do not feel like I downgraded at all. The infotainment system is quick, responsive and easy to use. I have referred two friends to the dealership to look into buying this car. BMW, Lexus and Mercedes-Benz owners notice my car in traffic and in parking lots. Sweet ride.

What's Not To Like?

by Teaspoon from San Diego,CA on Fri Jan 08 2016

So far the Accord is everything we thought it to be. I really couldn't see spending any more money on a higher end car when this Honda has everything we wanted at much more reasonable price. A really great car and I'm glad I purchased the EX L.

most reliable and stylish

by ashley from RIVERVIEW, FL on Wed Oct 18 2017

This car is perfect for my family! Car seats fit comfortably and the ride is smooth. I have the EX-L and it has all the options needed and price matches it perfectly. Great value for what you get! I know its compared to camry and other average sedans but ive had a lot of friends in market for mercedes tell me my car is nicer than the ones they were looking at. Leather is comfortable hot or cold and the sound system is good. trunk fits a double stroller or a trip to costco with boxes of diapers and tissue and paper towels, so plenty of space. It has the double screens i love and no volume know which i never used because everything is on steering wheel which is safer anyway to use. The styling fits all age groups, myself and my mom purchased same car and it fits both of us. The accord is my car

Thought would be more reliable

by Dougnola from River ridge la on Mon Feb 26 2018

I have an Accord coupe exl v6 with leather seats. The leather on drivers side started wearing through 5 months after getting car. I paid good money $30,000 for this car! Bring back to dealer, no help! There answer was I am getting in and out car wrong? Also had to replace starter and battery and do something with the crankcase as car would not start with push bottom. All this done when car less than 2 years old. I am only one driving this car.

In my opinion, the best Accord ever built.

by Kc from Bowling Green , MO on Tue Dec 18 2018

I’ve had 9 accords, dating back to a 1986 model. This Accord is great! Love the style, Fantastic fuel economy! Smooth transmission (love the CVT) and, drumroll please... finally a QUIET cabin in an Accord!

My first Honda a 2016 Accord Exl !

by Rob C from CORONA on Wed Jun 13 2018

I really love my Accord, sweet ride, with alot of zip in it (sport mode). Fully loaded , heated seats, moon roof Premium sound system, and leather interior. Electric seats driver and passenger. Kona coffee brown with black interior. I've had it for two years absolutely no problems. I Put the 2018 touring 19 inch wheels and tires, and upgraded the grill to the sport one. Definitely a keeper!!

Perfect for many use cases

by Zenarcade from Lafayette, CO on Mon Jul 08 2019

I have now owned my 2016 Accord EX for two months. It has exceeded my expectations, which were on the high side to begin with. Background: I had owned a number of BMW 3 series throughout the years, buying them used and doing a lot of the work on them myself. However, after getting divorced and having a young daughter, my interest level in spending my off weekends working on my last BMW (a 2009 328i x-Drive) vanished. And after my mother visited and seeing how hard it was to put 4 people in the BMW, I started to seriously think about moving back to a Honda (I'd owned a couple of Accords in the past). I also realized that fuel cost more than needed - the BMW took premium only. So I started looking. I test drove a range of cars, including Accords, Camrys, Altimas, Optimas, Mazda6, Sonatas, etc. The four most important factors for me were safety, reliability, economy of operation, and space. And overall, for me the Accord represented the best combination of strengths. With safety, a consumer can only go off of government safety testing, insurance records, anecdotal examples, etc. Suffice it to say the Accord scores highly in terms of safety (a critical consideration for me with a young daughter). And its size gives an improved sense of security (though I walked away from a head-on collision with a Dodge Challenger in a 2003 BMW 330xi where we were both doing about 40 mph, for an impact speed of ~80 mph). My car does not have Honda Sensing, but does have the right turn camera, backup camera, etc. Is it "safer" than the other cars I considered? I don't know, but feel that it is one of the safer cars available. There is not much to say on reliability - Honda and Toyota have well-earned reputations for reliability, and that was a part of my purchase decision. In two months I've had to do nothing repair or maintenance-wise. I'll do an oil service prior to returning to work (I teach, so have the summers "off"), and will probably upgrade the tires in the fall. In terms of economy, my fuel cost has been cut in half. The BMW averaged 23-24 MPG, which is not terrible for a 2009 AWD sport sedan. But the Accord is averaging 34-35 MPH on regular unleaded gasoline, where the BMW required premium. Maintenance is similarly less expensive - an oil service is about half of what it cost on the BMW. And other service is similarly less expensive - and presumably less frequent. Space - the Accord is a LOT more spacious than the BMW was, and felt roomier than the other cars I looked at - particularly the Camry, which was curious as they measure similarly. The EX came with a split-fold rear seat, which is important to me as I bike quite a bit and my bike fits in the trunk with the front wheel removed and the smaller side of the back seat folded down. There is also a LOT more room in the back seat - my son, who is 6' tall, can sit comfortably in the back seat, which was not the case in the BMW. And the trunk is both large and easy to load. Other considerations: It is a lot quicker than I expected it to be, even if it's obviously not as quick as the BMW. It also rides much more comfortably, and can corner competently, also obviously not as well as the BMW. It's a reasonably fun car to drive all things considered. It is also not as grippy on snow or wet roads, which is a combination of it being front wheel drive and not AWD, the suspension being a bit softer than the BMW, and the Goodyear Assurance tires on it vs the Continental DWS06 tires on the BMW. Hence the 4 stars for performance. Overall, an excellent car. The only quibble I have is the entertainment system, which suffers from not having an actual volume knob and not being as easy to use as it should be. But that's a trifle compared to everything else it brings to the table. And at the price I was able to buy it for, it was an outstanding value. Would I have liked to get a new 2019? Sure. But the 2016 is so good I won't mind waiting to get a 2020 or even a 2021. For my uses (commuting, occasional road trips, transporting daughter and friends, etc.), I think it is perfect.

Not Impressed.

by GMack510 from Bay Area, CA on Thu Apr 25 2019

I bought this car in 2017 and the radiator blew on me not too long after. Thankfully, the radiator was replaced under warranty. The brakes are not that great. I do commute a lot, but not a lot of stop and go driving. The front rotors warped around 17K miles and making a grinding sound. Unfortunately, these are not covered under the extended warranty. They stated it's a wear and tear item. A few weeks ago, when it was warm here in the Bay Area, I turned on my Air Conditioner and was greeted with nice WARM air ! There is no Freon ! Dealership stated that it is not their responsibility if there is a leak. Extended warranty will only cover the repair if the Air Conditioner doesn't turn on at all. This is according to the dealer where I bought the car. They might be feeding me a line. Who knows. I'll just take to a mechanic I trust and get the repairs done on my own. Then I will get rid of the car. I'm done with Hondas.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25

Our Take on the 2016 Honda Accord

The updated 2016 Honda Accord is a must-drive for any family-sedan shopper, but a few of its many "improvements" are steps backward.

The changes for 2016 could fill a small book. The updated Accord looks different and, in many cases, drives differently; it also boasts new multimedia connectivity and optional safety technology that's available on all trim levels. Compare it with the 2015 Accord here.

Speaking of trims, the Accord sedan starts with the LX and moves up to the Sport, EX, EX-L (four-cylinder or V-6) and V-6-only Touring. Coupes have roughly parallel trims. I drove Sport and Touring versions in sedan form, but you can compare the whole group here.

Exterior & Styling