1999 Honda Civic

HONDA CIVIC LX 1999 2.4L with only 91,9k MILES

by from PORT ORANGE on September 21, 2017

HONDA CIVIC LX 1999 2.4L with only 92000! . One owner only nice conditions just changed front lights, alternator.Transmission, runs as new civic should run :), tires almost new. tire aligining just fixed. olny perk is A/C not working Title certificate clean no crush history but some bumps all ready fixed.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Most reliable

by from on September 18, 2017

Honda Civic is a great model all time. Especially with low mileage like this is a plus. With newer tires, brakes (Honda) and battery (Honda) we cannot go wrong. They priced it very low the vehicle you are getting.
Not Rated Reliability

Most economical and reliable I have ever owned

by on August 14, 2017

This vehicle provided many years of dependable service. I was a great commuter car that was inexpensive to own and drive

Awesome!

by from Santa Maria on July 14, 2017

This is an awesome car to own ! Love the racing style cars so is perfect for me also a gas saver for sure ! ? I own one bcuz I travel to work & saves me lots on gas money & I also always dream of having a racing car

never ceases to amaze me.Built to last.

by from Sevierville TN on July 11, 2017

best vehicle I've ever owned. 220,000 and never a problem. Regular maintenance only. No rust. I still take long trips without hesitation. If only they still made this 1999 civic.

Best First Car Ever.

by from Trenton,NJ on May 3, 2017

Honestly this vehicle was a lifesaver because it never broke down on me and I was able to drive through a snowstorm easily (with snow tires).

Gets amazing gas mileage

by from Washougal , WA on April 26, 2017

Only $20 to fill up from empty to full, gets amazing mileage, on a trip from washington to san diego only fill up once

Reliability And Economy at It's Best

by from on February 24, 2017

Our Honda has been the most fuel efficient and reliable car we have ever owned. Keeps on running, and if an issue does pop up, it is always a cheap fix.

valuable car

by from DENVER on February 19, 2017

My car is in good condition. I drived it for half a year.the owner before is a big family.I changed all the brakes for it several months ago. tires are new. It just a little dent on the left-back door so that this door can't be opened. There are some little damge on the body, but everything work well especially motor and transmission. pass emission several months ago.

Sporty, fun, reliable, moddable, definitelyakeeper

by from Vancouver Wa on September 14, 2014

The 1999 and 2000 Civics are the best. 1998 and earlier don?t have motorized fan vents and no OBD2B connector. Civics after the 2000 year do not have a fully independent suspension like the 1992-2000 Civics and also suffered automatic transmission problems (7th gen) and porous engine blocks (early 8th gens). So I love my 1999 Civic DX 4 speed automatic. My mother got it for me and at first I didn?t like it at all compared to a 2006 Forester, but it was my first car and over time I grew to like it after I discovered modding. Visibility in this Civic is much better than any other car I've been in. Very small blind spots. It is taffeta white with black trim. Lots of black trim, with a small black ?POLICE INTERCEPTOR? sticker below the left tail lights. I first didn?t like the understeer, so, I installed a 19mm rear sway bar and that helped incredibly. Now the car is on rails around corners. Helped further by the best all season tires I could buy (Continental DWS). The road feel is amazing with perfect road feedback from the hydraulic steering. Next, I didn?t like the headlights, too dim. So, I put in 55 watt 5000K (White output) HIDs. Totally awesome. I also put in 35 watt HIDs for the reverse lights so I can see well when backing out of weird areas. Also a bright 16 LED dome light and underseat/trunk CCFL tubes for illumination. The engine made a chattering noise at certain RPMs when cold, so I switched the oil from 5w30 to 10w30 and then the chatter went away and oil consumption is near zero. I then installed a complete train horn system under the hood, and a genuine train bell under the driver?s side rear bumper and a high output alternator and huge inverter so I can power big appliances with my car. I am very happy that the components under the hood are not tightly packed like newer cars. I was able to add a complete train horn system including the air compressor, 2 gallon air tank and the horns all under the hood and inside the front bumper (Shocker train horns). There were even pre-drilled holes on the sides of the rails just inside the hood to knit all my zip ties through to secure the components! Awesome. The car now has 232,100 miles on it with an automatic. I change all fluids regularly including the brakes, PS, tranny, engine oil and coolant to ensure no unnecessary wear or corrosion occurs. Very cheap and easy to do by myself on this car. The only wear on the car are the Rear Trailing Arm bushings, but they aren't completely worn out yet. It'll cost about $340 to get the bushing replaced. Also the ignition switch is showing signs of wear but that part is only about $40 and easy to do myself. Performance; Phenomenal stability and great cornering abilities. With the big rear sway bar you can get the rear end loose and it's easy to recover and control. In a straight line; not fast. Helps that I can put the transmission in ?2nd? and it will stay in 2nd all the way until 70MPH at around 7000RPM! So it isn't entirely gutless. The transmission does lockup so you can get fuel economy on the highway. So it has good performance from 30-38MPG (top of 1st gear) and 50MPH-70MPH (top of 2nd gear). In the summer you can get around 32MPG in mixed conditions and 36MPG on the highway at 60MPH. In the winter, about 29MPG mixed, 32MPG highway. Comfort; The front seat required a beaded seat cover to be comfortable, but after that it is great. But after a few hours I do need to stretch Very little rattles, doesn't complain when I abuse it. Stock brakes are good and easy to replace yourself. Don't forget to replace the timing belt regularly because if it slips, the engine may be destroyed. I plan on keeping this car forever, but if it ever breaks I'll probably get an AWD plug-in hybrid, or buy another identical Civic for a few grand and swap the mods to the other car.

Our Expert Review: 1999 Honda Civic