Read or write a review.

4.1
Average based on 32 reviews

Very Good, but not quite Great

by from Princeton, NJ on June 15, 2012

Our 2005 CRV EX now has about 68,000 miles on it and our ownership experience has been positive overall. We have had no mechanical problems and have been especially happy with the roomy and flexible interior, as well as the excellent visibility. We agree with other reviewers that it is a bit underpowered; the engine strains uphill with four passengers. An extra 20 horsepower would have done wonders. Like all Hondas, road and wind noise are pronounced (why can't Honda improve this chronic problem with all of their vehicles). Mileage is good for an SUV, but we wish we could improve on the 21-22 mpg in our everyday driving; highway mpg has topped out at about 27-28. We'd give it a B or B+ overall.

I Love Honda's

by from Baton Rouge, LA on February 7, 2008

My wife and I have owned this CR-V for almost three years. It is an extremely comfortable car to drive. It fits nicely into what I call the small size SUV category, where you get to sit up higher than other cars, can drive some places other cars can't (our driveway, for example, is too steep for most regular cars) but you don't have to feel like you are killing the environment like you are driving a Suburban. I sat in the backseat while my wife test drove this car, and I was immediately impressed that I didn't have to squeeze into the back seat. I'm six feet tall, the CR-V has the amount of legroom you always wish a car had, but rarely find. I also love that the backseats can recline. We've had no mechanical problems. Many years ago, my first post-college car was a Honda Accord. I still rate that as the best car I've ever driven - like slipping on a perfectly fitted glove. So, I am a bit biased toward Honda's

love this car

by from Pittsburgh, PA on March 5, 2012

this is the second CRV that I have owned. I deliver a rural mail route and this vehicle is so reliable in winter weather.

Great family car

by from Redding, CA on March 14, 2010

I bought my Honda-CRV in 2005 and I've loved it. We are a family of 5 and this car has been good to us. It is reliable, economical, and roomy! The storage in the back is huge. I love my sunroof and built in 6 disc CD changer! Oh, and I can't forget the built in picnic table! I have no complaints.

My Perfect Car

by from Kenmore, WA on December 15, 2012

Ive been wanting and looking for the right car and I found just the perfect one. Not exactly the color I wanted but who cares, still the same car! I love it!!

Another Reliable Honda

by from on September 27, 2011

I've been very happy with my CR-V. I bought it new in 2005, and it has rarely been in the shop for repairs. It is roomy and comfortable for four adults--five if the drive is not long--and the cargo space is huge when the back seat is tumbled forward. I dislike the inconvenience of unplanned car repairs, so I purchase vehicles with a great reputation for reliability. My CR-V has not disappointed!

honda

by from sacramento ca. on January 12, 2013

HONDA CRV ES, GREAT CAR FOR TOWING AND GAS MILLAGE IS GREAT. LOTS OF ROOM GOOD LOOKING CAR..OVER ALL A GREAT CAR.

Uses car for Towing

transmission

by from New York NY on August 17, 2013

Once my 2005 honda cr v was out of warranty I had a $2,500 repair. Worst part i rarely drove the vehicle due to working remotely. It only had 80,000 miles on it at 8 years old and the transmission went. NEVER AGAIN HONDA!!

2005 CRV

by from Pittsburgh, PA on March 8, 2013

I have owned this SUV for a month @ 107k miles it runs like a new car! It has pickup for a 4 cylinder SUV. The comfort and style of the interrior are ok and nothing to complain about as other people have reviewed. I drove this on 2- 3 hours trips and have had no issues with it being uncomfortable.

best of the best

by from East Windsor, CT on April 17, 2009

This car's reliability and performance has been the best car I have ever owned. Basically, I just bring it in for the recommended maintenance and then forget about worries. Once, it was 5000 past the maintenance recommended and I just brought it in only because I like to keep the recommended maintenace schedule...not because it was performing subpar. If you want a car that is WORTH the car paymnets and MAINTAINS ITS VALUE BETTER THAN MOST AFTER the car payments are done....PLUS, want relief in snowstorms, when needed, then this is the one for you

Our Expert Review: 2005 Honda Cr V