2006 Honda CR-V consumer reviews

side view of 2006 CR-V Honda
Explore the 2006 Honda CR-V
Shop the 2006 Honda CR-V

I love this car

Just bought one and the sensation is cool! One of the best cars I have ever driven. Very maneuverable and I feel safe in it!

Fun Car

Great car to travel with and a gas saver, with powerful vtec engine, awd for winter, excited for what this car will do for me and my family.

4.3

Great car

I purchased this car last fall, since I have put 5k miles on and its been flawless. The car is good on gas returning 23 to 24 MPG on the high way. Regularly take it for 2+ hour drives with no worry. The suv has plenty of ground clearance which is great to get you to the trail head or to that remote fishing spot. Car is a little underpowered, but what you lose in the power you make up for in fuel economy, space, reliability, comfort, and over all ease of use.

Was clooking for a 2005-2006 CR-V

I bought my CR-V in August with 149,000 miles, in good shape and reasonably priced. It's been 5 months and I am again enjoying driving this Gen 2 CR-V (had a 2002 previously). The lease on my Outback was up and no longer wishing to have a car payment I bought the CR-V. It is an absolutely wonderful car to drive. I went for the 2006 because of some changes (improvements) Honda made to it. One being the full compliment of air bags and standard ABS . It handles well and is fun to drive. No longer having a car payment is a big plus also. I'm doing preventive maintenance on it now due to the mileage , a little at a time not because I have to but because I want to. Mine is a rare 5 speed manual! My daughters' Subaru lease is up soon and is also looking at 05-06 CR-Vs too!

Reliable, Comfortable, Great Value!

This compact crossover was just the car I needed. Reliable, economical, comfortable, practical, fun, fast enough for daily driving, safe. It was a great commuting car, and got a lot of use lugging gardening equipment and supplies all around the area. It was easier to handle than my old pickup truck, and had a better sound system to boot. I loved this SUV!

bought new no real problems in all these years

heated leather seat remote start very reliable and dependable still looks good no rust best car we have ever owned with 280000 miles and drives great

This car never brakes

My Honda CRV is good with gas, cheep with maitnece and very conftable with driving. This car never breaks. I put Michelin tires to my car, it is very good with driving off road and in winter.

Excellent car!

No complaints! Had this car since I was 16 and had little to no problems. Couldn't have asked for more! Great first car for anyone.

One of the Best every day cars out there!

The second generation Honda CR-V is one of the best cars for daily use! The Honda K24 engine is one of the if not the best 4-cylinder VTEC engines Honda has ever built (seen in Accord, CR-V, Element and Acura TSX of mid-to-late 2000's). The interior is well-designed and purposeful. Very reliable! Great utility and gas mileage. Sharp steering and handling! The engine could use 30-50 extra hp when carrying more than one passenger and /or load. I have owned it for 14 years since new and counting! They don't make them any more as good as this one!

One of the most reliable vehicles I ever owned

Very well engineered, easy to work on, requires minimal service, great fuel economy, parts available anywhere, great for Wisconsin Winters well, automatic Four Wheel Drive engagement