2006 Honda Cr V

One of the best vehicles I've ever owned

by from on September 12, 2017

I've owned this car for 7 years now as a second owner, have done nothing but standard maintenance and have nothing but great things to say. At 145k miles she's still running strong and I wouldn't hesitate to take a cross country ride tomorrow.

Reliable Car

by from Delray, Fl on August 28, 2017

Moved up from a 2000 CR-V. The 2006 is a heavier car than the 2000 model. Consumes more gasoline, but a much stronger/stable car for Highway driving. Still miss the great 360 visibility of the 2000. The 2006 is the last year where the back door upper glass window can be pulled up and not have to open door (this is a great convenience going away in 2007). 2006 A/C failed at 100K my 2000 is still going. In general I have had to replace more things in the 2006 and not in the 2000. Still the CR-V is a good value for the money.

Reliable plain Jane crossover

by on August 25, 2017

this is a solid reliable car. It has not been without its quirks. There is a shimmy under acceleration in 3rd gear (auto trans) and there was a lot of body flex. The paint quality was not very good, and the flip down center console was made the same way as the step 2 kids toys.

Reliable, Great Crossover

by from Dallas, TX on August 24, 2017

Great car for college and starting out. Decent gas mileage and capacity for carrying luggage/pets. Front passenger seat has decent legroom (unless you're over 6 ft, which has been pointed out about once a week by my fiance lol). Mine is getting older and had some damage from its previous owner (which could be fixed), but it's been going strong for over 4 years now (it replaced my 2005 CR-V that was totaled in an accident). I will be looking to get a larger SUV, but the CR-V is a good choice for those looking for something smaller but still larger than a sedan/hatchback.

talked mom into buying one!!

by on August 20, 2017

Extremely reliable--no major problems except for just replacing the a/c compressor. Has a timing chain vice a belt. Great mileage, averaging 30 mpg with my manual transmission. Back seat configuration options make it very flexible for carrying loads. I really like the 2006 model because the back windows provide for better viewing and increased safety compared to the tear drop windows in the 2007 and newer models. AWD takes me to the mountains in Kokee, down roads where the big trucks go!!

They KNOW the transmission is weak.

by from Edmond, ok on August 18, 2017

I am on my 3rd transmission or torque converter. Honda is aware of a weakness in the platform, but I pay for the repairs, and they are not cheap. Otherwise, a very good car.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

too much manuel work for the year of the car

by from Austell, Ga on August 4, 2017

Great space if you have a family but there is so much manuel that is involved such as pumping up the seat and adjusting the steering wheel. For a 2007 the very least it can have is power seating.
Not Rated Reliability

Honda C-RV Rocked It!

by on July 27, 2017

This car was great! Loved all the legroom in it and the clearance the car offered was a huge plus. There were 3 USB ports that were easily accessible to everyone in the car.
Not Rated Reliability

Great New or General Family Car!

by from Dover, New Hampshire on July 23, 2017

This vehicle is fantastic! Up until recent when I had my baby boy, I only used it to travel to work or to see relatives. But now it's a fantastic family car! It's roomy, runs great on gas, my car is currently at 250,000 miles and still running like its brand new! I've missed oil changes 3 times and nothing still till this day has happened to this car!

Owned for 6 weeks

by from Clearwater FL on July 8, 2017

I like this car because I got a fair deal. It has low miles for the year. I'm disappointed in the gas mileage as so far I'm only getting 17 mpg. The car is roomy and fun to drive. I'm not bothered by some "safety features" I had driving my husband's late model lease like a beeping noise when I put it in reverse...so annoying! I liked the smaller size as the newer models are much bigger.

Our Expert Review: 2006 Honda Cr V