Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2006 CR-V

2006 Honda CR-V

2006 Honda CR-V

Have You Driven the 2006 Honda CR-V?

Love it

by naturenut from on Wed Jul 15 2009

I have had my CRV for three years, and I love it even more than the day I bought it. It's easy to move the seats for more interior space, my Great Dane/German Shepherd mix doesn't hit the ceiling (so I don't have to vaccuum fur out of the headliner), the car handles incredibly well, stops on a dime, and is fun to drive. The seating is high enough to see over most cars on the Freeway, and the back door swings open like a real door instead of a hatch (so if you have dogs you can actually close them in safely - not always easy with a hatch). The car has an amazing amount of power for the gas mileage. The funny thing is that because of it's squarish, conservative look I didn't think I would like the CRV until I test drove it. It's been love ever since. We chose a Honda because we have an ancient Civic that just won't die. We had another make in between that only lasted 60k miles before the transmission blew. Meanwhile, our ancient Civic is still on its first clutch, transmission, and just about everything else.

Great Little SUV!

by cr-v fan from AL on Tue Aug 29 2006

The CR-V is a great little SUV for many reasons. Its large interior allows plenty of room for both passengers and cargo. I was amazed at how much pep this little SUV has. It handles even the steepest hills without a problem. It also is very maneuverable, with a nice tight turning radius which makes it very easy to park and get out of tight spaces. Even with a combination of city and rural driving consisting of steep hills and poor roads, my CR-V is getting 23+ mpg--and its still new, so it may get even better mileage as time passes. I also like the fact that the CR-V has such good safety ratings. The CR-V is also smooth, quiet and fun to drive. Its a vehicle that gives all the great benefits of the larger SUVs with the handling and convenience of a car. No single vehicle can meet the needs of every person, but the CR-V is perfect for me and I am completely pleased with mine.

Great Value in a an SUV

by CR-V Fan from Salem, VA on Sun Jan 27 2013

We now own 2 2006 CR-V's. Obviously we like them. My wife likes the high level of visibility it offers. I like the AWD feature for snowy weather. They all have some road noise but with the SE model it is pretty minor. Mechanically they are sound cars and handle well on any road. They are surprisingly stable in curves. If you need an All Wheel Drive vehicle you won't go wrong with the CR-V.

Excellent value for a small SUV!

by bugman from Blacksburg, VA on Sun Oct 01 2006

Not being to needy on features, I purchased a 2006 4WD LX model a couple of weeks ago. Took it on a 4 hour drive last week, and got 25.7 miles to the gallon. Should be better once broken in. This vehicle replaced an aging Dodge Caravan, and so far outperforms in every way. Handles a lot tighter around corners, seems to have more power then the V-6 in the van, and tackles hills well. My only complaint is - there is a heck of a blind spot to the rear on the driver's side.

I'm sold on Honda now

by GravelRoad from Wyoming on Wed Aug 08 2007

I've had my CR-V for 1 1/2 years now and other than a very minor taligate sensor issue which was resolved under warranty, I've had zero problems. It's 4WD, gets through WY winters, is comfortable, handles nicely and gets good mileage. What more could I ask for? The controls took a little time to get used to, but now I prefer them to any other car I've driven. The only tiny improvements I can think of would be an additional power port on the dash, an mp3 plug-in on the stereo and lighted vanity mirrors. All things considered, I'm happier with this CR-V than any other car I've ever owned.

The 2006 Honda crv

by Sastry family from on Mon Feb 02 2015

Our family loves this car. Bought a new one in 2006 ,base model. Good car. A little road noise. Bought in california, then taken to Arizona and now Massachusetts. Great for New England snow. Outside looks like a jeep because of the spare tire on the rear door.Overall it is a great car and has potential and value . Had it for Eight years and now has 100,000 miles. Grey value and good looking.

Awesome CRV!

by Laura123 from Twin Cities, MN on Wed Dec 22 2010

I bought my 2006 Honda CR-V used in September 2010 and it's only been two months but I love it. It accelerates well, handles the road great, and gets pretty good gas mileage for an SUV. The vehicle stability system and ABS have already proven themselves to be effective in the Minnesota snow/winter, and I don't regret getting this vehicle!

Best for all round use.

by Fussy from Iowa City, Iowa on Fri Jan 07 2011

Bought used. Perfect size for my tools as I took out the rear seats. Great for trailering my 800 Lb gold wing and other things. Huge difference in performance in the 2.4 compared to other SUV's. I had. Great mileage. body integrity, insulation from outside sound and seating comfort far superior to most SUV's. Love the full size spare so I can rotate 5. Best car I owned in a 4wd.

Reliable Car

by My Honda experience 2000, 2006 from Delray, Fl on Mon Aug 28 2017

Moved up from a 2000 CR-V. The 2006 is a heavier car than the 2000 model. Consumes more gasoline, but a much stronger/stable car for Highway driving. Still miss the great 360 visibility of the 2000. The 2006 is the last year where the back door upper glass window can be pulled up and not have to open door (this is a great convenience going away in 2007). 2006 A/C failed at 100K my 2000 is still going. In general I have had to replace more things in the 2006 and not in the 2000. Still the CR-V is a good value for the money.

Love It

by BigBlueBetty from Sherborn, MA on Thu Aug 28 2014

This car is awesome. it's like a civic that is raised up ! great gas mileage, tons of room, and a built in picnic table in the back! love it

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2006 Honda CR-V

A new CR-V is waiting in the wings for an introduction later this year, but the current model, one of the leading entry-level SUVs, still has a lot going for it. That's especially true with the 2006 Special Edition, which pairs popular options and special features.

Honda usually creates Special Editions to give vehicles a boost, often in the latter stages of a vehicle's model life.

The 2006 CR-V Special Edition, which has a list price of $25,400, has heated leather seats, side airbags, side-curtain airbags, vehicle stability assist, steering wheel audio controls and 16-inch wheels as standard equipment. The SE also has body-colored bumpers, side molding, door handles and a hard spare tire cover... Read More