Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2012 Crosstour

2012 Honda Crosstour

2012 Honda Crosstour

Have You Driven the 2012 Honda Crosstour?

It Outshone Its Competitors

by George from Alexandria, Virginia on Wed Feb 22 2012

We are senior empty nesters who looked for a car with the space and comfort to take us on long trips to visit kids and grandkids as well as for use in suburban driving. We looked at and drove both SUVs, wagons, and other crossover styled vehicles. SUVs were discarded due to ride/comfort, overall bulkiness, lack of style, and poor mileage. Three cars made it to the finals. the Subaru Outback, Toyota Venza and Honda Crosstour. We had previously owned wagon/SUV products from these manufacturers. They were all researched online and various reviews were read and the numerical ratings noted where provided. We took another drive in the three finalists and opted for the Crosstour EX-L w/o navigation after rating it first followed by the Venza with the Outback third. The Crosstour provided the smoothest and most comfortable ride; best throttle response; most suitable ergonomics, especially the positioning of the control buttons, the console storage and covered cup holders, and the seating position; agile handling; least amount of road noise; excellent fit and finish; and, most appealing style. Our main focus was travel comfort with mileage and cargo capacity secondary in priority. The Venza was close in ride and performance but did not equal the Crosstour. If cargo carrying capacity was a priority, We would have opted for the Venza. My wife disliked its style, especially the front end. The Outback also offered good cargo capacity and better gas mileage but the interior was not as roomy for passengers. The Outback and Venza were not as refined in fit finish and ride as the Crosstour and the Outback was least agile and had the slowest throttle response of the three vehicles. We believed we did our due diligence on the cars based on our requirements and are extremely pleased and satisfied with our purchase of a great vehicle. It's ironic that most expert web site reviews rank ordered in reverse to us. To each his/her own re their needs and requirements. Drive the Crosstour and others on your list to test and pick the one that works for you. The Honda Crosstour is best for us.

Crosstour wins in all areas

by Experienced Buyer from Houston,Texas on Mon Nov 14 2011

We went to the Honda dealer to buy a Pilot. We decided to test drive a Crosstour and we were sold. So, by the way, was their Crosstour; we bought it the same day. We just got back from a 3600 mile road trip in our Honda Crosstour. As you can imagine a two week 3600 mile trip calls for lots of luggage and accoutrements, and this trip was no different. We packed two large and two medium sized suitcases, an ice chest, two dufflebags for shoes and lots of food stuffs for our trip and still had plenty of room for purchases along the way. We traveled three days out and three days back logging an average of 1800 miles on each leg of the trip. When we got to our destination and when we got back home, we did not feel like we had been in the car for three days, it literally felt like we had been no further than around the block. The car is comfortable, roomy, nimble (we dodged rocks, tree branches and various things falling off of other vehicles with ease), powerful and reliable. What more could you want from a car? It is certainly everything we had hoped for and more. Would I recommend it? Absolutely. Is it thrilling and fun to drive? Absolutely. Would I buy the same car again? Absolutely. Test drive one before you buy ANYTHING else!

Thrilled with my Honda Crosstour EX-L

by XTourFan from Webster, New York on Sun Jan 22 2012

We have owned 12 Honda Accords, 5 Civics, 3 Odysseys and 1 S2000 over the years and after a move to the Northeast found ourselves in need of either an all-wheel-drive vehicle or 4x4. Not wanting to take a risk on anything other than our years of trouble free cars -- ALL Hondas and 4 Acuras, we test drove a loaded 2012 Honda Crosstour. The X-tour, no longer apart of the Accord (we learned from the dealer) is the best of many vehicles put together: A wagon, a crossover, an SUV and a sedan, yet it really falls into a neat category of itsown. Likes: Traction, safety features (and ratings), superior quality inside and out, copious room inside the cabin and in the trunk, rugged good looks, smooth ride, exceptional handling, best navigation in the industry (in our opinion) and low price when compared to most medium and large SUV and crossovers on the market. Dislikes: The addition of a large panoramic sunroof would be great, but not a deal breaker, especially with a traditional sunroof standard on the EX and EX-L trim levels. A larger selection of colors would be nice, but not a deal breaker either -- owning three Hondas at a time, a greater variety in exterior colors would be ideal. However, we are happy with our stunning white Crosstour with a two-tone tan/black leather interior. This is literally our favorite Honda yet!

Just sit in the car!

by Indiana Crosstour from Anderson, IN on Sat Jan 05 2013

I traded a 2010 Accord EXL w/NAvi and 80K for this AWD V-6 EXL w/Navi. After 3 neck surgeries in 6 years, I needed a comfortable riding car for the 30K miles I drive with my work--something with better driving position and AWD. I tried SUVs, vans, etc. Sat in a Crosstour as last resort. Great seats, good driving position, and just the right entrance to the car. The drive is smooth and composed. In a severe rain downpour, the 18' tires and extra clearance provide extra grip and confidence along with AWD. The AWD is great in snow. It is a solid car. The V-6 is delivering better than projected MPG with over 5000 K miles already. Interior is nice. Back-up camera is great. Carpeting a bit on the cheaper side. I did not buy it for the interior space but have put it to the test and it hauls more than enough. The NAVI is just like the prior car. It is great. Voice activated, full of great features, and hard to live without when I have to rent a car away from home. Overall the car was priced a bit high but the new model switch made it more affordable. I enjoy the car more every time I drive it.

Best Honda of 8 I have owned

by Hondaguy from Nutley, NJ on Tue Dec 18 2012

Solid Ride with great visibility of road, Excellent Interior Ergonomics, Stereo, Luxurious feel. Great styling get favorable comments often. Excellent Gas Mileage. 4 Cylinder more than sufficient for all types of driving. Versatile layout suits all my needs. Reliability for 2010-2012 has been excellent. Cost of ownership will be excellent.

I am sold on this Honda

by Iabigbill from Altoona IA on Sun Dec 30 2012

This is the first Car I have owned that is not from one of the big American three since the late 70's. I wWas not sure at first but seeing it had 80% domestic made content, the engine, tran and body built in OH help ease my filling on buting a "forigne" vehicle. I am a large man and this fits me fine. I have owned my Crosstour since July 2012 and done several long road trips with it and I could not have been more comfortable. I traded a Ford Crown Vic for my Crosstour and there is no comparison. The Crosstour rides better, is more insolated from road noise and gets better milage. The quality is great. One of the best vehicles Honda has for a single or couple that needs a roomy road vehicle or just city travel. With the hatch and easy fold down seats makes putting large itens a easy load.

Changing Brands After 19 Fords in 48 years

by Life time Ford owner from Sun City West, Arizona on Sat Dec 08 2012

I have owned at lease 19 Ford and Lincoln cars. In trying to trade my 2006 Ford Mustang for a Ford Escape at 3 different Ford Dealerships, I ended up at a Honda dealer who had a 2011 Ford Escape. The numbers were not working. I was asked to check out a new 2012 Honda Crosstour which listed at over $30,000. How could I cope with not buying another Ford. This Crosstour comes with leather seats and a bunch of extras standard. Talking with other Honda owners, I am moving up. With the performance and comfort of the Crosstour I could be stepping out of a rut. I am looking forward to taking a few hundred mile trip to around Arizona to really appriciate what we have. My wife enjoys the car works well for her clients she needs to transport around the city. If the price range is with in your budget, give the Crosstour a look.

2012 crosstour is excellent

by BB from Pennsylvania on Fri Oct 21 2011

love the car. the perfect blend of practicality, value and comfort. Soft quiet ride, smooth acceleration and transmission. great honda sound system. perfect travel car with plenty of room.

Honda quality comes through again

by Honda nut from mpls MN on Sun Dec 16 2012

Great car. My 5th Honda. Quiet. Much quieter than my 2008 Accord. Many people say they are ugly, but I like the body style.

Bye bye Audi A4

by Marcus from Massachusetts on Thu Jul 12 2012

I was looking for something more in the CUV market because passengers in my A4 were too cramped and too low to the ground. it's a nice car but has its place. I'm a sales guy and need more practical and wouldn't want to sacrifice anything. Looked at Murano, didnt like interior, q5 too pricey and maintenance is a joke, Jeep too big but nice interior. Edge Limited too pricey. Looked at Crosstour and figured out what I wanted it had. Sits a little higher, AWD, big tires, navi, excellent interior and something to easily put in a bike or a little cargo.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2012 Honda Crosstour

In the 2012 Crosstour, Honda attempts to blend the qualities of a car with those of an SUV. What it created is a practical, comfortable wagon that still falls short of SUV versatility.

Honda fell even shorter in its visual design: The Crosstour looks like a boat in search of an ocean.

Exterior
The Crosstour stands out in a crowd, mostly because of its size. "It's a big car" is a phrase more than one person used to describe it. It stands taller than most cars, and it also seems a bit wider and longer than anything around it. If you're not used to a larger car, it might be challenging to park the Crosstour; it's even longer than you think it is. After a week in the car I... Read More