2011 Element

2011 Honda Element

2011 Honda Element

Have You Driven the 2011 Honda Element?

Most useful vehicle I've owned

by Groovy Grandma from Wooster, Ohio on Sat Feb 12 2011

Honda missed the boat when they focused on the young male buyer with this car. It is perfect for the active senior who wants reliability, safety, comfort and usefulness in one vehicle. Excellent visibility and easy to drive. The adjustable seats provide a way to transport almost anything. Easy to get in and out with wide open doors, you don't have to climb over a wheel well to get in the back seat. Plenty of leg-room in the rear seating area, plus raised seating, there's no claustrophobic feeling some vehicles give you. The vinyl floor makes it very easy to clean out- No messy carpet. This is our third Element, both my husband and I drive one, and we are very unhappy with Honda"s decision to discontinue this model. Get one while you can, you won't regret it.

Box on Wheels!!!

by MondoHonda from Cleveland, Ohio on Tue Mar 22 2011

Super practical and flexible interior. Can be used as a passenger car but it can haul bulky stuff like a cargo van. Super spacious but the weight limitations are on the low side. This vehicle is the best of both worlds. Honda dependability and everyday usability. Decent gas mileage with AWD security in bad weather. A few negatives include low ground clearance, severe blind spots (could use bigger mirrrors) and the sometimes awkward rear "suicide" doors. I would have liked heated seats which were not an option. There is no interior release for the rear hatch, that would 've been a nice feature.

Best small SUV

by gibroni from Northeast PA on Fri Feb 11 2011

I've owned an Element for 5 years now. What I love the most about the car is it's utility. The suicide style doors minus B pillar are great for loading through the side. So I don't have to go to the back of the vehicle to load my guitar in and out. The interior is cavernous compared to other vehicles in it's class. The rear seats fold a variety of ways to make hauling cargo and people easy. It's powerful enough yet not a gas guzzler compared to other cars with the Elements capability. Good in snow and nonpaved roads. The car is also easily customizeable. I like the composite panels they do not scratch easily. It looks unique and it's styling grows on people. At first glance people hate it but uponfurther inspection they end up loving it. I hope Honda follows up with an updated version with the wide open doors and clamshell tailgate. I've spent many an hour just sitiing on the tailgate hanging out and the rear moonroof is cool to. It's a great vehicle for outdoor types and adventure seekers.

Elemental Perfection

by Honda E-tastic from Texas on Fri Feb 25 2011

The Element isn't for everyone, and sadly, Honda is now deciding they aren't for anyone - production ends in April 2011. That said, it's hard to find someone who has an Element that isn't pleased with it. If you need one of the most usable, versatile, reliable vehicles around, you need an Element. If you need a cushy, luxurious, high-tech, family hauler - forget the Element. I own two, and they are perfect college bound cars. They are safe, efficient and retain their value well. With the bullet-proof 2.4L Honda drivetrain they are a cheaper way into long-term Honda living. Ours are easy to maintain, easy to drive, and should be around a long time.

Excellent Design

by Architect from Princeton on Sun Feb 27 2011

I purchased my Element in 2003. I have driven it over 217,000 worry free miles. I am in the process of purchasing another one. My only disappointment is that Honda has decided to no longer manufacturer the Element.

The BEST

by Hauler from Bucyrus, Ohio on Mon Apr 04 2011

I used to trade in my cars every 2 years but I have had my Element for 6 1/2 years. It is the best car I have ever had. I can't believe all that you can do with it. The versatile cargo area is my favorite part. I like to do my own hauling of garden supplies or other large purchases and I can with ease. Maintenance is easy and I feel very safe while driving. If I can't replace, when the time comes, with another Element I don't know what I'll do.

Excellent Vehicle

by 2011 Honda Element AWD EX from Boise, ID on Sun May 01 2011

It is really to bad the Element is going out of production. This is one of the most well designed vehicles made. The ease of access and a great driving position are excellent. A great view the surroundings. I know this will last for many years. This is my 4th Honda dating back to 1977. Due to having back issues I had to make a decision on the vehicle I can drive. I had to sale my 08 2dr red EX coupe. She was a little low to the ground and harder to access. I am not a spring chicken so access had developed into a potential future problem. That's one of the many reasons I chose this Element. To many good uses to list. Good choice.

Love my Element

by Rahn from Nothern Indiana on Tue Oct 25 2011

I traded a 2009 Element in on this 2011 and it's actually the same exact car but I loved the 2009 too. When I heard 2011 was going to be the last year for the Element, I traded my 2009 in earlier than I had planned because I wanted to have an Element as long as possible. They have been GREAT little vehicles. My wife and I use the car on weekends for Geocaching and love it. I basically live out of the car. The storage is great and for a small car riding in the back seat is even actually comfortable (I'm 6'3") and I love the front seat headroom and space, no more claustrophobia. Also, I live in northern Indiana so the car has been through all kinds of weather and has handled everything well. I've owned a number of Jeeps in the past and tell people it reminds me of my Jeeps except it's comfortable, warm, quiet, and doesn't rust out in a years time. My only complaint would be I wish the gas mileage were a little better but it's not exactly an aerodynamic design. Too bad Honda has decided to discontinue them. (Honda are you nuts?)

Best Car EVER

by Carla from central Va on Tue Mar 13 2012

Have a 2006 Element. It works so well for my situation. Husband is 6'4, and has plenty of head room. We have large dogs, so the flooring is perfect- easy cleanup, the seats fold up in the back, or come out totally, so I can fit 2 travel crates in the back, and pop open the back windows for a breeze. I have put the front and back seats together to take a nap from time to time. I cant believe I didnt even want to look at it at first, and now 240K and 5.5 years later, I dont know what I would do without it. The only problems we've ever had have been minor, although two different Honda dealerships tried to talk us into needing a major repair that we've never had done, and are kicking along just fine ;) If you're even thinking of getting one...BUY IT!!!

Gee Squared

by GeeSquared from McAllen, TX on Tue Sep 09 2014

I have a 2006 EX Element. Its AWD is perfect since I live close to the beach. I take it bird hunting every year and hunt off the tail gate when I don't want to set up my pop up canopy. I have large dogs as well and its easy to get them in and out. I hope Honda brings this one back and soon

1 2 3 4