2012 Honda Fit

Fun and economical

by from San Antonio Texas on August 14, 2017

Fun to drive safe reliable great gas mileage comftorable easy to drive. Quiet ride. Low cost maintenance

Love it except for one issue

by from Port Charlotte, FL on July 26, 2017

Overall a fantastic value for your money. The big selling point for me was the "magic seats" which allows for the rear seats to fold down totally flat or up so that you can fit tall items. Besides that, performance is just fine for daily needs and has enough to get out of its own way. The only problem I have with the car which happens to be a common problem that can occur with any 2nd Generation Fit (2009-2013), is the air conditioning condenser can be damaged by small rocks and such when driving. This can cause the air to not work as efficiently as it should (and can be pretty bad during the summer). If you plan on buying one, I would suggest you look through the lower part of the bumper to see if the condenser looks damaged at all, as the repair is expensive and is not covered under any sort of factory warranty. Despite that, I still love the car and would highly recommend the car to friends and family. As a whole, the car is very easy to see out of, fairly comfortable, very reliable (except for the air) and can be fun to drive when pushed close to its limit.

Reliable, Enjoyable, Versatile

by from Atlanta on July 11, 2017

I bought this car new in 2012 from and I am the first owner. Buying this car was one of the best decisions of my life. I would like to tell you a couple of features I like the most about this car. First of all, it is exceptionally reliable and safe. I have never had any mechanical issues in five years, and wouldn't think it will have any problems in the near future. Second, it is so enjoyable to drive this car. Quick, easy to control and maneuver, but still gives you a smooth ride in part thanks to its smooth transmission. Forward visibility is particularly amazing. I am also a big fan of the extra windows on the front corners which makes the car much safer. The seats are comfortable and fits just right. No butt or back pain after long drives. Speaking of long drives, this car has a great gas mileage. The official description says 28/35/31 (city/highway/combined), but it might be even better. And I did not notice any change in years. I am thankful to this car for making those drives much less costly. Our family favorite is its incredible cargo capacity/volume. It is not just better in its class. It is better than most (or all?) sedans and many SUVs. This is thanks to its ingenious and versatile interior design features. The stereo system works very well and sounds are nice and clear. The USB port is very useful. You don’t have to use Bluetooth if you don’t want to. A/C works well but just a bit slow in hot days. What I do not like about is is cheap interior material and trims. They seem to depreciate faster than some other cars. All in all, I would say this can be a great city car, or a very efficient commuter, or a really smart choice as a family car.

Neat little car!

by from Macclenny, FL on June 10, 2017

I bought my 2012 new and have never regretted it. The price was very good for all of the standard features. I especially like the mpg indicator and used it to my advantage to maintain 40+ mpg in combined driving. I deliberately purchased a standard transmission so that I could have more control over gas mileage and performance. I love the handling. I replaced the standard tires with performance tires for superior braking, grip and great performance in the rain. I love the hatchback feature for loading items. Forward visibility is especially good. I like the simple and straightforward dash. Reliability has been outstanding. I highly recommend this car as a commuter or fun runabout for town. I already have 120K and have had no problems whatsoever.

Amazing car for first time drivers

by from on June 2, 2017

This car meets most of my needs. It drives smoothly and the engine has never had any problems. I drive this car to school every day and it parks very easily due to its small size. Also, it has somewhat comfy seats and i never have to worry about my butt hurting. Parents, if you are reading this then dont forget to buy your teen a honda fit!

A very reliable, inexpensive car to own!

by from Greenville, SC on May 23, 2017

The car met our needs perfectly until my boys starting to grow and then it became clear why it is a subcompact. However, for just me including runs to Lowes it worked very well. It can truly "fit" a lot of stuff in there... 2x4s, windows, large boxes, etc Handles well but lacks power, it is sporty in the sense of good handling, brakes and steering. For a car to drive in the city and occasional highway very good.

Super Reliable

by from Frisco, TX on May 23, 2017

I've had this car for 5 years now and it's never let me down. Versatile and always able to accommodate anything I need to haul along with me.

Easy Car to Love

by from Appleton, WI on May 17, 2017

This is fun little car to drive with a surprisingly large amount of space and creative use of storage and design. The engine is peppy and the cornering is spry and easy to manage. Stopping power is good. As this is the first Honda I have ever owned, I am impressed with the materials that are used and the overall craftsmanship in the build.

Very reliable car

by from on April 30, 2017

Great room and gas mileage for a small car. Could use a little more horse power for accelerating from a dead stop.

More economic car I have drove

by from on April 10, 2017

I have this car for 4 years and I am very happy with it I would like to keep my Honda for at least ten more years This is a very safe car