2012 Fit

2012 Honda Fit

2012 Honda Fit

Have You Driven the 2012 Honda Fit?

Pretty Darn Good

by OutFitted from Northern Colorado on Sat Dec 31 2011

My new Fit is proving to be practical and economical while still being a little fun. The 117hp engine is adequate, almost peppy in 2nd & 3rd gear. It seems really quiet and smooth to me, but I was accustomed to a noisy car. When idling at a traffic light, it is so quiet it seems like it died. The Honda automatic transmission is not as twitchy as other companies? but I still prefer the manual. My mileage varies. I get mid 30?s during daily driving and such. Sustained high-speed (80mph) interstate gets 33 mpg. Driving up to Estes Park and back produces 45 mpg. The relatively small gas tank limits the range to about 300 miles, but by then I need to stop anyway for biological reasons. The interior is nice but not luxurious. The seat adjusts only two ways, front-to-back position and recline angle. Cup holders are everywhere, perhaps too many. There is no obvious spot for storing spare change. There is only one spot that is out of sight from prying eyes other than the dual glove compartments which are too far away to reach easily. Carpet floor mats come with it, and they are fine for summertime but I bought some rubber ones for wintertime slop. The rear seats fold down flat, creating a cavernous cargo area. The trunk floor seems thin and flimsy, and just sits on the spare tire, and I think it would sag if you put anything heavy on it. A cargo cover is available, although I think it should be standard equipment. The stereo system works well and sounds nice. I especially like the USB jack. Plug in a flash drive full of MP3 songs and they play through the stereo. It can be hard to find a Fit at a dealer, especially one with a manual transmission, but definitely worth looking for. It's not a luxury car; it's not a muscle car; but it's pretty darn good for what it is.

Great Little Car

by Red Fit from West of Boston on Thu Dec 13 2012

I have had my 2012 fit sport for about six months now and I thought I'd give my opinion. For years I drove a big powerful SUV and I decided I wanted to downsize for a smaller more fuel-efficient vehicle. I chose a new 2012 fit sport automatic transmission. I read a lot of reviews on it and it seemed like a great little car that was very flexible in cargo capability. It has a very small engine and as you drive it you can feel it is peppy but it doesn't have a lot of horsepower and torque. The interior design of the fit is absolutely ingenious. It has what it what is called a magical rearseat that flips up to carry tall objects or you can fold the rear seat back down completely and you have a very large open space to carry cargo. I think the fit could carry more cargo than any small car in its class easily. On the outside the fit looks pretty small but when you get inside it it feels rather roomy. The gas mileage on the fit is really good but I feel that a car the small should get a little bit better gas mileage, although I am happy with it. It drives well, handles well, and overall I am very happy with it. There is only one con I will bring up. After reading all these reviews here on this site I am surprised I have not read anybody commenting on this issue, ROAD NOISE. As far as road noise goes this is the noisy as car I have ever owned and in the past yes I have owned some small economy cars but none with the road noise that the fit has. If road noise bothers you and you are considering a new fit I suggest you take this car for a long test ride by yourself, both on secondary roads and on the highway to see what you think about the road noise. When I went on my test drive the salesman sitting next to me made sure the stereo was on so I wouldn't hear the full extent of the road noise. Other than the road noise I think the fit is a great little car.

Real Utility

by Real Utility from Milwaukee WI on Thu Dec 22 2011

The Fit is a "small" car with more usuable space than most cars twice its size. Ranked as one of the top cars of 2012 by Car and Driver (I think, it was an online article), the article praised its unusually intelligent design. Most cars are poorly designed for have little cargo space and waste fuel. The way the seats flip in this car is amazing. I use it to replace a much larger Subaru Forester. Most SUVs handle poorly, have lots of unusable space, and get awful mileage. This car is inexpensive to buy, operate, and maintain, and is full of functional space. Every time I use it, I can't believe how much space I have. Don't be fooled by its exterior and a market flooded with dumb design.

Best econocar

by Oldperson from Central Ohio on Mon Jan 30 2012

Versatile,reliable, economical, and almost fun. This car is mini-mini van with ingenious interior design. It has very good road manners, with the exception of wind buffeting. The five speed standard transmission is silky smooth and delivers a consistent 38mpg on the open road and 33 on short trips. I purchased this because my wife drove our 2011 Fit Sport all the time. I couldn't find another brand or Honda model that I liked any better. We got two cars for the price of one small SUV which had less cargo capacity and cost per mile! It's good to feel good about a car that is so enjoyable.

Best Small Car

by 3rd New Fit For My Family from NE Texas on Mon Apr 02 2012

We trade back our great Honda Sport FIT every 2 years for another NEW one! No problems of any kind with any of them! This 2012 is best of all and we are now getting 40-42 mpg on highway driving, around 37 local trips. Lots of pep and fun to drive. Best part is we can nearly carry about anything we buy within it by lowering the seats as needed. This included a 6 ft oak large size workbench (in box needing assembly) when store manager spoke up and said that won't fit in your little car.... It fit just fine! So did 2 filing cabinets we bought at a garage sale! Free oil & filter changes for life came with it from the great dealership! I'm hoping Honda will change the looks for their future FIT as we are already thinking ahead. A happy older couple!

Cute as a Bug!

by Harper from Washington, DC on Thu Jan 05 2012

That's my little standard shift Honda Fit. I bought it w/o even giving it a test drive. Very stable on the highway, even at 70 with 30 mph winds (much better than my CR-V). I am short (just under 5 feet) so it fits me perfectly but, even my tall friends have plenty of room. The back seats fold up ever so easily, giving you tons of easy-access cargo room. And best of all, the price is right. Oh yeah, the gas mileage--so far I am averaging about 35 mpg highway and city. Awesome, awesome car--I am so happy with it.

great little car

by rural driver from Lake County CA on Mon Dec 19 2011

I bought this Fit to replace a 25 year old Toyota pickup that was still super reliable though showing its age, and wanted (in order) reliability (I live out in the boonies and only have one vehicle), good mileage, decent performance, and the ability to haul a lot of stuff around. With one exception that might not be its fault the Fit is meeting or exceeding every expectation -- mileage pretty close to 40 mpg, for example. The exception is the tires: I've had a flat already (OK, the roads around here are a mess), followed by low pressure in the three remaining tires. So I'm keeping a close eye on them, which is kind of a bore with a brand new vehicle -- otherwise, the car is flawless, I love it! Also a lot more comfortable than the old PU.

Best in Class

by SAW from DFW ,TX on Sun Jul 15 2012

definitely a notch above competition....at 6'3'' Icould use an extra couple of inches of legroom , but the seat fits my back perfectly....31 mpg @70mph w/AC...38mpg@70 w/o AC....41_mpg@ 55...a keeper

Enthusist

by new college grad from Indianapolis on Fri Sep 21 2012

This is the second Fit our family has purchased (both for college grads). We love this model and recommend it to others.

Neat little car!

by Native Texan! from Macclenny, FL on Sat Jun 10 2017

I bought my 2012 new and have never regretted it. The price was very good for all of the standard features. I especially like the mpg indicator and used it to my advantage to maintain 40+ mpg in combined driving. I deliberately purchased a standard transmission so that I could have more control over gas mileage and performance. I love the handling. I replaced the standard tires with performance tires for superior braking, grip and great performance in the rain. I love the hatchback feature for loading items. Forward visibility is especially good. I like the simple and straightforward dash. Reliability has been outstanding. I highly recommend this car as a commuter or fun runabout for town. I already have 120K and have had no problems whatsoever.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7