Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2013 Fit

2013 Honda Fit

2013 Honda Fit

Have You Driven the 2013 Honda Fit?

Goes and goes and goes.....

by Gleggley from Portland, OR on Sat May 03 2014

I am a medical courier. I bought my Fit in August of 2012. As of today, May, 2014 I have just under 90,000 miles on it. I do varied type of driving, some days all highway, some days all city driving. Since purchasing this car new I have averaged about 33 MPG. It will hold a lot of cargo quite easily. Some of the couriers I work with have Ford Escapes and can't fit near as much in those as I do in the Fit. I have stayed with the maintenance recommendations from Honda and have not had even one problem with this car, just regular maintenance. I know another courier that has a 2007 Fit with 370,000 miles and has replaced the coil packs and one front wheel bearing in all that time. I recently moved a friend from Oregon to Iowa. We packed all his non furniture belongings into the Fit. I drove out and back and averaged just under 1,000 miles per day. My friend is tall and big and had plenty of room for extended hours for two days of driving. I can't say enough good about this car. It is not fancy, but extremely comfortable and serviceable for it's design. Sure, a luxury car is smoother and quieter, a sporty car will go faster, but not many cars will do what they were designed to do so well.

Great Tool

by Myklsan from San Diego, CA on Sun Oct 20 2013

I've had mine for a year and have driven over 13,000 miles. I went shopping for a four door compact and I would first sit in the back seat to see if it would be embarrassing to offer people rides. I'm a tall fella and have folded myself too many times into the back of cars. The head room is exceptional and the leg room works well, without annoying things under the front seats to kick with my toes. 4 backseat accessible cup holders are welcome. There is also a seat belt for a middle passenger. The interior space is improbably copious. Seat backs flip down to create a truly flat space, or the bottoms flip up to allow a floor to ceiling cargo space. All of that can be accomplished with one hand. I live at 2750' elevation about 30 miles from the ocean. I wanted a light enough car for going up hills. I'm a spirited driver and appreciate power from my gas pedal. I often will click the shifter down to D3 and am very impressed at this engine's willingness to scoot up hills. Letting up on the accelerator allows the engine braking to scrub momentum instantly, great for stop and go traffic. This car has a brain, too. It'll favor fuel economy while in D. It'll accelerate from a stop in a rather gentle manner, almost always in 2nd, unless you really stomp on the gas. It is a bit resistant to downshifting from D, but that provides an excellent range for economy. I don't want a car to be to excited about downshifting when just a little more power would suffice. On long braking, like a clover leaf, it'll automatically provide engine braking. While in cruise control it'll downshift when going down hill faster than the setting. The dash controls are tactile and will placed. The USB for music, charges my phone and allows me to listen to streaming music. The traction control works great on curvy mountain roads and be switched off for muddy back roads. Upon buying it, I immediately had the windows tinted and installed the exterior window visors. Honda really put a huge amount of thought into this car and avoided gimmicks. Even their rear seat is superbly designed without being flimsy. I chose the Base model because I live a mile and half up a dirt road and didn't need to scrape off any ground effects or have harder, low profile tires. The exterior looks fantastic in white with the window tinting and visors. I'm very proud of this car and feel confident it can meet my needs for 4 years.

It drives like it looks - - sparkely

by peacockpainter from Tallahassee, FL on Sun Oct 21 2012

I smile every time I look at that beautiful turquoise color. We've had black, white, gray, and brown cars for long enough. Rated as Consumer Reports "Best Overall Small Economy Car", it gets close to 40 mpg, has lots of light coming in, and the back seats fold down flat for a lot of cargo space for things like . . paintings.

Good behind

by Big D from Seattle on Mon Feb 11 2013

The car was bought to tow behind our motorhome, which is limited to towing 5,000 pounds. We were looking for something light, and the Fit fit the bill. I was surprised at the people and cargo room inside. Even though we have two full-sized vehicles waiting at home, the Fit will see service there as well as on the road, thanks to its mileage...just under 40 for us so far, and its conveniences, especially the seats, which can fold to accommodate a Costco trip. A great buy, and a pleasant surprise compared to econo-boxes of years ago.

Uses car for Towing

Zippy, Fun, Cute, Quality

by Lady Honda Fan from Roanoke, VA on Thu Nov 29 2012

The Fit is a pleasure to drive and very zippy. The seats are super comfy. Even the base model is loaded with features. The only thing I miss is the greater feeling of stability on the road that I had with my 1995 Honda Civic. "Zippy" can easily turn into "herky-jerky" in a Fit. I have to take mountain curves more slowly, for example. I'm getting used to it. For the price, you can't get a better vehicle.

A very surprising buy!!

by drblk from Minneapolis, MN on Tue May 13 2014

We were all ready to buy a five speed Kia Soul. We did the research and made our decision: We're buying a Soul!! When we went to a local dealer to test drive the Soul, he had a five speed Honda Fit there too that was in our price range. So we test drove the Fit just to "get it over with" and fell in love with it. Surprisingly roomy. Surprisingly peppy to drive. And surprisingly fun! We did drive the Soul and found it kind of plain and gutless. We bought the Fit that night and have loved it ever since! The last two tanks of mix driving (70% highway 30% city) we've been getting 36-39 mpg. We've had the car a couple of months and it's our daily driver and we love it!!

"Fanny Fit"

by Tony from Troy, Vermont on Tue Oct 16 2012

We looked over most of the compact wagons via the internet & on the lots. We selected the Fit because: (1)it had the most storage for its size; (2)the seats folded flat;(3) it gave good mpg. We do like the way the car handles(like a sports car); its very comfortable for a small car; nicely appointed interior,good speaker sound quality, etc. In summary, we just like the car!

Great Economy Car

by Family Driver from Erie, PA on Thu Aug 02 2012

A fun to drive practical car. It's small, but easy to get in and out of. Versatile storage with back seats that fold down or flip up. Handles well. Good turning radius.

Honda FZIP (aka Fit)

by Languageb from Washington, DC on Thu Oct 06 2016

All of this should be taken with a grain of salt because I just purchased my Honda Fit Sport 2013, approximately two weeks ago; we?re still in the honeymoon phase. I previously drove an Audi A3 hatchback and boy was that nice; however, the upkeep was getting to be a bit much. So I research small dependable cars and the Honda fit kept coming up at the top of the list. This led to the watching of many YouTube vids on test driving and overall review of the car. From that point on it was just love. For a small compact car it?s has a very roomy cabin. The seats can be reconfigured in multiple ways as to accommodate and provide all kinds of storage. You?ve got to see this car up close and personal so you can appreciate all that this little car can do. Yes, it has a very small ?four banger? (4 cylinder engine) 1.5; however, because of it?s weight (less than 2500 lbs.) the engine provides sufficient acceleration on the road (no it?s not my Audi A3 turbo). Yes, as you have heard from previous reviews you will notice cabin noise on the highway, but my 2013 Fit SPORT has six speakers and very good sound for a car at this price point. Did I mention the gas mileage? I?m getting high 20?s in the city and mid 30?s on the highways combined 30-31. I luv my Honda FZIP (trademark), it?s a fun to drive, precise steering) and reliable (it?s a Honda). I love it so much I started a HONDA Fit club ?DMV (DC, Maryland and Virginia) Honda FZIP Auto Club @ Meetup. BAM how you like me now!! Out.

Great little car

by Alabasterfit from Cheyenne, WY on Fri Jun 06 2014

I am a car guy, always have been and let me tell you I love my new 2013 Honda Fit Sport with the manual transmission. I was looking for a car that was reliable, fuel efficient, FUN, manual trans, and had some interior space. This car "Fits" every one of my wants/needs. I cross-shopped this with the Scion xD and while I liked the exterior and the head unit in the scion better, overall the Fit is far superior. It has much more room, better quality materials, a much better manual transmission, and a longer track record. I am a big guy at 6'2" and 300lbs and I fit into this car just fine and have plenty of hip, shoulder, head, and legroom. The magic seat in the back is a great feature and makes the interior very flexible. I got a fantastic deal on a new 2013 with 0.9% financing which is why i pulled the trigger instead of waiting on the new 2015 Fit. The new car is undoubtedly more plush and better appointed but I didn't want to have to wait on one (there are 0 dealers in my area that even have a manual 15 fit coming in yet), I didn't want to sacrifice cargo space with the new model, and with the great financing offer and a price well below invoice on my 13 Sport it was just too good to pass up. I got the Alabaster silver metallic and it is one sharp looking little car. I was originally worried about having only 117hp, but after driving it on the freeway here in Wyoming I found out pretty fast how well the car is geared and can handle itself just fine. I had a Suzuki SX4 previously with about 150hp and it felt far slower than the Fit. So far my only gripe is with the sport seat fabric. It is a fuzz/hair magnet! So some seat covers will be in my future I believe. Other than that I am just having fun and enjoying the car. Si far my average mpg is 34.8 with mixed city/freeway driving and I am stoked. We will be driving this little beauty from Cheyenne to Seattle and back this summer and I have no worries about the car on the trip. My wife has never liked to drive manual cars, I've always had them and she never wants to drive them. However this car has such a great 5 speed she has been driving it on her own with confidence and that for her is huge! If you're considering a Fit, drive it, you won't be disappointed!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2013 Honda Fit

Aside from some problematic crash-test results, the 2013 Honda Fit demonstrates that when a car nails the fundamentals, it can stay competitive for years.

At the tail end of the 2013 model year, Honda's most affordable car in the U.S. had been in its current form for more than five years; it's due for a redesign to show up sometime in 2014. But the automaker got the basics right. The Fit is easy to see out of, it handles nimbly, and it's roomy as hell. Its age shows up in outdated electronics and mediocre gas mileage — aspects of the car that become less competitive with the emergence of each new rival. This is no gadget-hip, 40-mpg subcompact. But it is an exceedingly practical... Read More