2015 Fit

4.7 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

First new car

by lp from Minnesoa on September 2, 2015

I did a massive amount of research before buying this car. In the end, it was the safety rating and backseat room that edged the Fit ahead of a couple other very similar cars. My goal was to find a small car with really excellent gas mileage to drive back and forth to work, but that could still sometimes work as a family car. And it had to be affordable and reliable. This car does that wonderfully. I have been driving it just over three months, and my average gas mileage is 39.9 mpg! This car works so well as a family car that we usually choose to drive the Fit over our comfortable and roomy (but older and not gas efficient) Impala. Even with tall teen guys in the back --usually just one or two, but we have put three in the back-- the Fit has enough leg room. The backseat and cargo space are truly excellent. The front seat is a little less perfect. I can't understand what sadistic planning went into the front headrests' design, but they are awful and make no sense. The best you can do is try to position them so that you never come in contact with them. This is not a car where you can kick back and relax when you are, say, waiting to pick up your kids from a late bus drop off. I miss having an armrest, and the driver's seat doesn't adjust easily or as much as I am used to. I also find the deep foot wells in front a little uncomfortable. This is the first car I've had with the steering wheel radio controls, and I really love them. The rest of the audio controls are difficult to use when driving, and using the touch screen, the way it is set up, is cumbersome. The CD player isn't very user-friendly, but you do have several other options for listening. Using the hands-free phone is not a smooth process either. I also don't care for the way all of the driving information, like the odometer, mpg, gas range, etc, is hidden in one little gauge circle. There are three or four little screens to page through to find the info you are looking for. The back-up and lane-change cameras are nice features and work well. The sun visors need some improvement. They don't really do the job. The sliding door on the sun roof is great for too hot days. I am seeing the separation in the back wheel wells that I've seen discussed in Fit forums. I don't know how much of a problem this will be. I have only had my Fit in the summer and I am very interested to see how this car drives on winter roads. It has been fine in heavy rain. The wipers and the fog lights are very good. I have already been rear-ended in this car, and I was impressed at how minimal the damage was. I was hit hard enough to be bumped forward about a yard by the impact. The only damage was the two holes left by the other car's licence plate bolts. I was expecting the whole back bumper to be cracked. Overall, I am super happy with this car. For the price, and for such varied needs, I would not expect any car to be perfect, but the Fit comes close. It is cute and fun and makes me happy to drive. It is worth it for the great gas mileage alone.

The Fit Isn't a Compromise.

by John C from Buffalo, New York on June 27, 2016

I was a loyal Hyundai driver until my second Accent became undriveable at only 57,000 miles. I wasn't ready to spend money on another Hyundai without checking out the competition, which has come a long way since I bought my first Accent in 2002. I ended up with a Honda Fit LX, the entry level model. I had always been proud of the Accent's value/cost ratio, as it made me feel like a smart shopper. But there isn't a single area where the Fit isn't superior. It's just about an inch longer than my Accent, yet front and especially back seat riders have far more room. It's more powerful and far more efficient. It rides better and is more comfortable. The Fit also has a feel of quality and solidity, inside and out, that the Accent couldn't match. Best of all, I get all of this along with Honda reliability for only a few hundred dollars more than the base Accent. There are a few small areas where the Fit misses the mark. I was surprised that the intermittent wipers only had one speed, and I miss the cargo cover my Accent had but the fit does not (it's a pricey dealer add-on). An armrest would be nice, and (small) areas of the dashboard are glossy black plastic which attracts dust and fingerprints almost instantly. Also, good luck finding a manual. The CVT is ok, but I would much rather have had a manual (my old car was dead so I couldn't even wait a few days for them to ship one in). On the plus side, my entry level Fit LX has: 130 hp, cruise control, power doors/locks, CD stereo with aux and USB input, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, on-wheel controls for audio and cruise control, rear back-up camera, etc. etc. The features on higher trim levels are things I didn't want anyway, but FYI they include moonroof, larger display screen (touchscreen, you lose the knobs), and a lane-change camera which I found more distracting then helpful. I can't just go out and buy the car I want. My choices are limited by my finances. My Fit was well within my budget, and never feels like a compromise or sacrifice. I never feel like I'm settling.

Awesome little car - so happy with it!

by Jane Honda does Colorado from Denver, CO on April 16, 2015

I was really nervous buying a brand new car, but I absolutely LOVE my 2015 Fit, Jane Honda. I feel safe in it, it handles ice and snow beautifully and she's got enough get up and go to do the job even over the mountain passes. It's true that it's definitely not a sports car, but it's everything I need. I've always driven an older car, so this might be kindergarten for alot of people, but I'm really stoked about the steering wheel controls and the blue tooth capability. I saw lots of people mention they don't like the sound system, but I'm really happy with it. Streaming through the phone sounds better than the radio, but that makes sense. I also have a small child, and the interior space is surprisingly roomy. I would recommend it to anyone who needs an affordable, practical car.

Great Little Car

by happyhonda from Baton Roufe, La on August 5, 2015

First tank got 28 mpg and it was only on the highway for 4 miles. It has punch and style. I liked the "Econ" feature and I can tell a difference in the performance of the car when it is on - totally worth it - but it lets you know how your driving is effecting your gas mileage. I like that. Great little car for the money but actually will carry more things than you would think because of its design. The side, I have seen, is very similar to the Prius and I am curious if I'm not getting the same mpg in the long run, without the Prius price tag. It is fun to drive and even the bottom of the line in accessories has more accessories than I expected. Friends who have Hondas have told me they have never bought anything but another Honda.

Great, so far.

by New Fit Owner from Auburn, New York on December 12, 2014

I gave 5 stars for reliability based on what I read, since I've only had the car a couple weeks. Everything works. Seems well designed. Bit of a learning curve with all the electronic stuff. I hope it lasts.

They keep getting better

by Bigguylsl from South Florida on March 29, 2015

We owned an 08' Fit Sport and put 120K + miles on her. Would've probably ran another 100K miles. Wasn't as comfortable as I would've liked so we looked at the new 2015's. The Fit EX-L is great. Most important thing is that my wife really loved it. Much improved comfort, styling, room with all the bells and whistles. You can go wrong with the Fit!!

Very happy with our new Fit

by New Honda owner from Minneapolis MN on May 27, 2015

We've had it only two weeks but love it already. We're halfway on a 2500 mi road trip (MN-ME and back). Plenty of room for baggage for four adults in hatchback; expressions of comfort and roominess from the two young adult back seat passengers. 41 mpg so far (we have the LX manual). Nits include unpeppy acceleration and some difficulty understanding the phone-Bluetooth thing (we keep getting messages that iPHone is disconnected but it's not.). But so far, so very good. Stable on the highway. Quiet enough. Easily maneuverable in city streets.

Great car, not so great infotainment

by BLKPRL from Maryland on August 13, 2014

Purchased a 2015 black Fit Ex CVT on Sunday. Am overall pleased with everything except the infotainment options. The radio unit does not offer Sirius satellite radio without forcing you to purchase the most expensive trim EX-l with Navigation. The interface is straight out of the 80's in both graphics and user ability. Don't expect it to do much with your android phone as it favors Apples IOS and even then it's clunky and not intuitive. The nav app you can get from the AppStore is laughable if it was free, but at $59.95 it's completely ridiculous. Over all everything else is great. It's comfortable even for my 6ft4in 250lb frame. The seats are supportive and outward visibility is great. I like the styling inside and out while others find the exterior polarizing especially from the back. Ride is controlled and feels planted to the ground. Engine pulls ok for only having 130 hp. CVT trans takes getting used to. Overall I am pleased with the car except for the infotainment issues. I can still recommend the Fit as a all around solid hit for Honda

Engineered to Fail...

by John from Minneapolis on January 9, 2017

I have liked Honda's in the past but I think that their products are getting worse. We bought this vehicle brand new. At 39K miles the radiator decided to completely fail with no indication inside the vehicle. Within minutes the head gasket had blown and the vehicle was not derivable. Honda did not cover the repair because the vehicle warranty is only good until 36K miles. The radiator should not have failed this early, and at the very minimum the vehicle should have given the driver a warning that the car was overheating! DON'T BUY A NEW HONDA FIT!!!

Does not recommend this car!!

second fit

by vanfan from on July 21, 2014

This is my second fit. First was a 2013 manual trans. Finally got the 2015 with navi. Gave 2013 to my daughter. Gas mileage on the 2013 was always in the 40 range. The 2015 has 900 miles so far and mpg is 42.8 average. That included 300 miles at 65 - 70 mph with 5 people and air on. This seems to be the only car in it's class that I can stand up two bikes inside with only removing front wheels. Honda took a great car and made it better. The ride is better, gas mileage better love the navi and hands free phone link, not to mention back up camera and right hand mirror camera. It amazes me that you can get all this value for the price this is a very comfortable car to drive. The only thing I noticed that is not better than the 2013 is turning radius.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11