Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2016 Fit

2016 Honda Fit

2016 Honda Fit

Have You Driven the 2016 Honda Fit?

first new car

by never liked hondas from Aurora, CO on Mon Aug 01 2016

I've never liked Hondas, but noticed that Honda is very well ranked in customer reviews. After test driving the Fit, I was really impressed. The Fit is very comfortable (although my kids were a little disappointed when compared to the comfort of a larger SUV), fun to drive, and very reliable. I love the gas mileage/cost at the pump.

Amazing versatility

by Music enthusiast from Phoenix, AZ on Mon Sep 21 2015

This car should be marketed as the practical alternative to hybirds since no $3500-&7000 battery replacement is needed a few years down the road. Our around town mileage is at 40 mpg!!

So far, very nice!

by a fun factor driver from Albany, NY on Sun Sep 13 2015

I've been looking at Fits for a few years and finally took the plunge as my aging Jetta wagon started to use oil in spite of controlled driving and good care. There are lots of Fits on the road and everyone that I know who owns one likes them. The redesign was also nice and a sunroof was also available (remember, I have to have a fun factor hear) I was able to get one of the last 2015's, a standard (again, fun factor) and I've owned the car almost 3 weeks now. The technology is a little overwhelming (remember, my other cars was almost 14 years old!) But I am getting used to it. I love the mileage, just around 40 mpg. Great space, especially with the back seats down. I am looking for great things from.Honda, reliability being a key thing. The car is fun and functional, easy to maneuver with great space for back seat passengers as well. So, I am loving the car so far! Check back in a few months for my next review.

a car well worth buying

by glenno from narrowsburg ny on Fri Aug 28 2015

we have the car for a bit less than 4 weeks. a brother in law recommended it. we are not sorry. we love it. the versatility is amazing. the seat variables are many and make the interior so much larger than we imagined. gas mileage is terrific. it's a bit noisy in the lower gears (we have an automatic) but smooths out as it reaches cruising speed. lotsa air bags and decent sound. the touch screen is not very friendly. difficult to navigate and not compatible with our cell phone. i'd still recommend it to anyone.

poor gas mileage for a stick.

by sonny from sparks, nevada on Sat Jan 30 2016

I was wondering why the standard transmission equipped car was rated below the automatic transmission equipped car. after driving the stick shift car I now know why it is rated below the automatic equipped car. you have to rev the stick equipped car in first and second gear to go any where. if you put the transmission in a pickup it would be just right. plenty of power to get a load moving from a dead stop. since i'm a stick type of a guy I guess I will just have to .live the transmission.

Safest and most reliable car ever

by Wonna from Boulder CO on Fri Apr 28 2017

My first Honda Fit literally saved my sons life though she sacrificed her own. I bought her for her safety ratings and she paid me back beyond expectation. My second Honda Fit (because why would I ever buy another kind of car?) is not only safe and reliable, she is simply an amazing vehicle. I live in the mountains and, while Honda Fit's may look like small 2 wheel drive 'run around town' kind of cars, they have got me home in all kinds of weather and have taken me from one side of the country to the other on road trips. If you have kids learning to drive and think you may need divine intervention to save them from themselves one day, this is the car for you!

Good car but uncomfortable

by Chuck1113 from Texas on Sun May 10 2015

I like this car, the interior is well thought out but the drivers seat is terribly uncomfortable. Absolutely no lower back or lumbar support. Give it about an hour and the driver may start to hurt. Had to buy a couple of products that provide lower back support in order to drive for any length of time. I am 5'9" so not unusual there. This vehicle would probably be very uncomfortable for anyone taller than me because the seat does not go back very far at all. I like all the tech but a volume knob on the dash would have been welcome. There is no place to put your right arm. There is an armrest but it is too low to be of any use. The steering wheel has this spoke or net in the bottom center that makes gripping it difficult when turning or driving.

Does not recommend this car!!

Car

by Gary from East long island on Fri Jul 08 2016

My words will be more about the web site as to the car. Fit is a great car. The web site says it's going to give best price, but in reality just gives your name to dealers. They probably get a cut from the dealer. Next time I will go straight to the dealer.

Seats do not "Fit" - they cause back pain!

by BackPain2016 from on Mon Jan 16 2017

Bad seats - way too soft, flat backs, no lumbar support. The seats are like sitting on a memory foam marshmallow without support. The side bolsters are squishy and do not provide support. Be very, very certain that your back is comfortable in the seats of this car before you buy or lease! I would suggest a 40-60 minute test drive to be certain. I am not tall - I am only 5’4’ and 130 pounds, but these seats are not capable of providing support to my small body. I took three test drives of the 2016 Honda Fit. Each was the typical 10-15 minute test drive. I thought I liked the car - it seemed comfortable and like a peppy little fuel efficient car. Except that it is noisy - but I thought I could live with the noise. One test drive was one day, the other two test drives were about a month later on the day I leased the car. Then the worst thing possible happened. The next day after signing my lease papers my back started to hurt. The following day it hurt even more. I only have a 20-minute driving commute, but that is enough for the soft, squishy Honda Fit seats to do their damage. I tried various aftermarket lumbar cushions without success. They either did not work or pushed me too far forward over the edge of the seat. So I could not use any of them. Honda’s customer service department was unwilling to help - since it is not something under warranty. It is just a design defect. A design flaw that I am stuck with for the 36 month lease! My only solution - my wonderful wife is able to drive the car without back pain. So we have swapped cars, and now we are both unhappy with that situation but at least neither of us has back pain. This is our fourth and final Honda. When this lease ends, no more Hondas for us! Just say ’NO’ to Honda. Friends don’t let friends drive a Honda Fit.

Does not recommend this car!!

Didn't expect it to do so well in the snow!!

by DM Spike from LaCrosse on Thu Dec 28 2017

I wish the heater worked quicker!! Other than that... She handles nice...accelerates surprisingly well. Turns on a dime.. MPG nice...love it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2016 Honda Fit

With the 2016 model year Fit, Honda has concocted an elixir of most things small-car shoppers want, and the results are mighty desirable.

If you're shopping for an entry-level car, make sure to fit the Honda Fit onto your list. The 2016 Fit is not the quietest, quickest or most refined car in its class, but it plays a respectable hand in most areas while combining impressive fuel and space efficiency.

Honda redesigned the five-door Fit for 2015, and the car carries over with no changes for 2016 (compare them here). Trim levels include LX and EX, which can have manual or automatic transmissions, and the automatic-only EX-L. I drove a range of 2015 EX and EX-L cars, including Cars.com's... Read More