2004 Odyssey

2004 Honda Odyssey

2004 Honda Odyssey

Have you driven the 2004 Honda Odyssey?

tranny needs TLC or else

by phidknee from ny on Wed Feb 26 2014

GET your tranny serviced every 20,000 miles or else ? Do a complete fluid drain ( all fluid , watch on you tube) filter ? yes there is a filter , Honda only tranny fluid , install a tranny cooler & inline magna filter ( order on line) and don't use the 2004 odyssey for towing . Follow these guide lines and your tranny should last ! Why Honda does not offer this service info your guess is as good as mine , and they would make there clients happy & make money at the same time ? I own a 2004 EX-L Odyssey & got it in Sept 2004 from local Honda dealer on long island. Great van up until April 2012 when I started to notice a shutter between 2&3 gears and with only 94,000 miles on the van I never even thought of a tranny problem ! But within weeks the green (D) drive light on the dash was flashing , not a good sign when an Idiot lights up in any car ! So started out with Honda USA no help , then to You Tube , huge help & an a place to start ! Hope you find my trial & error helpful ? Oh & by the way so far so good , 2 years later the 04 has 115,000 miles on org tranny & just bought a new 2014 EX-L Odyssey that will get a tranny cooler ad Magna-fine filter for starters . Good luck people I like the van but it does have a major flaw / the tranny / it's your call but this van drives & handles great !

Great Family Car!

by Kat from Spokane Washington on Fri Jan 22 2010

After extensive research I found my used 2004 Honda Odyssey van to meet my needs as I was looking for a good family van that would hold its value, be easy to take my 3 kids in and be dependable. This van is very easy to drive and turning in tight spots is very easy. I liked the Toyota Sienna but the price for a used one with lots of miles and older was way more than I thought to be worth. Our kids love the van and especially love the DVD player it has that comes in handy with long drives.

Very satisfied

by Likes Mini Vans from Pennsylvania on Sun May 02 2010

I bought a used, low-mileage 2004 Oddysey in 2010 for business use, as I usually load up mini-van cargo areas with stuff for my job. The Odyssey is extremely functional for business and personal use, almost to the point of being luxurious. Great gas mileage, excellent maneuverability, lots of nice features and extremely easy to drive. The engine is powerful, the turning radius is fantastic for cornering and getting into tight parking spaces, the transmission operates smoothly and the accessories are thoughtfully well-designed. I think I lucked out.

problem cannot be fixed according to honda dealer

by Joe from ocala, fla on Mon Aug 13 2007

This vehicle has a roar in the transmission that the Honda dealer in Ocala says that cannot be fixed. They say that if they put in a new gear it will continue to make the roaring noise.

Does not recommend this car!!

This is a good car and fun to drive

by Mike from Columbus, IN. on Wed Sep 12 2012

I really like the Honda. It is a comfortable ride. All the accessories work well. It can carry up to 7 people very comfortably. I like the automatic door closings. The air conditioning is super.

works like a truck, drives a whole lot better

by adventures in odyssey from Phoenix on Wed Dec 01 2010

We love our Odyssey! We volunteer with a refugee settlement ministry. I have driven thousands of miles, hauled hundreds of people, delivered tons of donated household goods and all in great comfort and safety. I can deliver six kids safely to youth group, flip the seats down, take two out, and then deliver a complete twin bed with room to spare. Men, especially, have scoffed at me as I drive up to collect huge piles of donations, including beds. Once I drive away with their donations tucked inside my Odyssey, they are true believers. Even with a big load of stuff or people, the van has power and gets a move on, which is required to drive in this city!

Not scared to put another 100,000 on it

by Joeyb from CAVE CITY on Fri Mar 17 2017

Owned this vehicle from day 1 has 260,000 miles on it and wouldn't be scared to put another 100,000 on it

I can't imagine wanting to drive anything else

by Mini-van Mom from Petersburg, VA on Mon May 21 2012

I bought a 2004 Honda Odyssey to replace a 1997 Odyssey that gave me 279K miles of uncomplaining service. (Engine was replaced at 154K Miles with one that had 69K miles, transmission rebuilt after 180K miles.) I wanted to upgrade not because my old Honda died, but because my son is old enough to drive. The 2004 has the six cylinder engine, which is a big improvement. The sliding doors are more like what I was used to on my Chrysler mini-vans, but with a door on both sides and the lovely addition of power controls. The interior is comfortable for a family of 7 and the fold-down rear seat and split middle seat make camping trips a cinch. The air-conditioning and heating controls are a big win too, with automatic settings that control the fans and heating/cooling based on a set desired temperature. If I had one complaint, it is so minor as to be silly--2004 pre-dates the prevalence of MP3 players, so there is no jack to hook one in. A $9 adapter for the cassette player fixed that problem! I love this car! My driving is a mix of city and highway, and with the air-conditioner going I have averaged 21 MPG. Not great, but not bad.

Excellent Family Vehicle

by DanielSLTX from Sugar Land on Fri Apr 07 2017

I love the feature that the 3rd row seat can easily folds down completely into the sunken trunk so that you have a large cargo area if you occasionally need to haul large piece of goods.

Great van if you can find a good used one

by Wagon family truckster from Allentown, PA on Wed Apr 15 2015

This van is a replacement for a 2000 Odyssey that went 235,000 miles until it quit. The family loved the van we had. You can load 2 kids, two parents, two big dogs and all the junk you need for a shore vacation including bikes on the hitch and still fly down the highway at 80 in total comfort. The newer Odysseys are even better, but we found a great deal on this one. The trans can be an issue, but overall the vehicle really holds up with regular maintenance. We had the trans rebuilt on the 2000 by a professional and it was like a new afterwards. This 2004 has no trans issue or hesitation. The old van had a cloth interior that looked brand new when we sold it, and the 2004 has leather that really looks great for a 10 year old car. No wonder Hondas are still desirable used cars.

1 2 3 4 5