2004 Honda Odyssey

Best Year for this van!

by from on September 7, 2017

My van was solid until someone used a pit maneuver on us. It only had 190,000 on it. We expected at least 300,000 - 350,000. We had taken care of all the places that wear out with normal wear and tear; had the right tires, the right battery! it was a amazing! No one is getting rid of them and we can't find one with our exact specs because NO ONE WANTS TO PART WITH THEM!!! This is the year just before they went to the hydraulic engine mounts and a bunch of electrical stuff that caused a lot of issues. This was THE BEST year for this van! Now the insurance company won't even pay us enough to buy a replacement. What a shame.

now has 338500 miles and still going strong

by from Pensacola, Florida on September 7, 2017

Bought this van after my Toyota van was wrecked and the Odyssey,although older, was far superior in comfort, gas economy, and overall performance. I know it won't run forever, but so far I'm good with it and watching for another one to come my way.

drove it ten miles and the transmissiom went out

by from on September 2, 2017

it was nice except for the transmission problems. there were no other problems with the van. the engine ran fine and the van looked great.

Most reliable car I've owned.

by on August 30, 2017

This vehicle has been great for my family. We have been back and forth coast to coast. You really cant go wrong with Honda!

Uses car for Havingfun

Swiss Army Knife of Minivans

by from Philadelphia, PA on July 7, 2017

My wife and I bought this car new in 2004. 13 years and 135K miles later, it's still going strong, although it's not as pretty as it used to be. ;-) Minivans get a bad rep. You don't buy them to be pretty or handle well or to impress the neighbors. You buy them for functionality; to haul people and stuff. The Odyssey excels in both. With 7 seats, even the back seats are relatively comfortable. Unlike most 3-row SUVs, the third row in the Odyssey can fit normal-sized people, although it's a bit tighter than the first two rows. The boxy shape swallows tons of stuff, which is important whether you are moving kids to college, or hauling supplies home from the big box store. It's not a sports car, but the Odyssey handles better than most minivans. It's true that the bar is set pretty low, but where the Odyssey excels is predictable handling for what is essentially a large box on a car platform. It is not a truck, and does not drive like one. It's a big car with sufficient power (even when loaded up) and braking capability that you can keep up with the flow of traffic pretty much anywhere in the US on a paved road. The predictable steering, handling, and response is well worth the price of admission. The cons are mostly the same as those found in other minivans. It's large size means you can't expect to toss it around a road like a Miata. It's FWD, so it gets bogged down in deep snow, although newer models offer AWD as an option. It's not an off-roader. The single third-row seat in my Odyssey is very heavy to fold down, but newer models have split the third-row seat in two, which should make it easier to fold down. So, I recommend the Odyssey to anyone who wants the usefulness of a large car, and don't mind that it has less cachet than smaller or more expensive cars.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Very Reliable Van

by from Ohio on May 20, 2017

This car is roomy and spacious and has a great engine. Not an elegant van but a trusty one. Cons: Not enough updates on the interior.

Odyssey is great

by from Manasquan on April 20, 2017

Dependable. Carries a lot. I am buying my 3rd one. Excellent vehicle fo the long haul. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2004 Honda Odyssey

by from Magnolia, TX on April 12, 2017

Comfort and style in one package. Great performance and handling. With the dependability of Honda this is a great van to load up the family and head out to your destination in comfort and safety

Excellent Family Vehicle

by from Sugar Land on April 7, 2017

I love the feature that the 3rd row seat can easily folds down completely into the sunken trunk so that you have a large cargo area if you occasionally need to haul large piece of goods.

Great family vehicle

by from Green Bay, WI on March 31, 2017

Great vehicle. Use it for transporting family and camping in the summer. Very roomy, plenty of power. We love it.