2006 Odyssey

4.3 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

Most versatile family vehicle

by Mom of 3 from Eastern NC on February 19, 2010

I have had my 2006 Honda Odyssey for 4 years and still love it. It is convenient and comfortable for long trips for the whole family. You can change the seating arrangement to meet your needs. I have surprised many people with the capacity with the 2nd row seats removed and the third row seats folded down. I easily put a full size futon in the back to transport and a variety of other furniture. I have traveled cross country with the back packed and the kids in the second row seats. The rear entertainment system is very handy for entertaining children on long trips. One of my favorite features is the built in sunscreens in the sliding doors. They are a blessing, especially if you have a baby. The sunscreen easily slides into the door when it isn't needed. I also love the fact that the second and third row seats are very comfortable for adults. I am 99% satisfied with this van. If I could change anything, it would be to add automatic lights, maybe daytime driving lights. The shuffle on the 6 CD changer only shuffles for one CD and that is inconvenient. I would like to see it shuffle all of the CDs or have the ability to play MP3 CDs. The optional XM radio is proprietary. The odd shape of the Stereo system makes it difficult to use an aftermarket product. I love the fact that the driver's side window can automatically roll up as well as down. Heated seats and side mirrors are a blessing. This vehicle is loaded with storage spaces and cup holders. If I had the choice again, I would definitely buy this vehicle again without hesitation.

Fabulous vehicle

by Van Dad Again from Barrie Canada on June 20, 2009

I bought a 2006 Odyssey EXL (used) as we required more space with the dog and all. We owned 2007 & 2008 Civic, which we love, but needed more space. This van does not dissapoint in any way! The ride is fabulous, like being in first class on an airplane. Seats are as comfortable as it gets and the ride is very smooth. This van drives like a car and has very good handling. It is very quiet with very little road noise. Tons and tons of room and very good on leg room in all three rows. The sound system is quite good. All instrument gauges are very visible and the controls are easy to use. The air conditioning works great and I love the tri-climate control system. Now I can be cool and my wife doesn't need a blanket for our trips! The only bugaboo I have is with the sliding doors...they creak alot, so I will get to the dealer to see if this can be fixed. Maybe just an adjustment required. I can't understand all the complaints out there. I don't think you can find any better van on the market today! Oh by the way, fuel economy is excellent for this vehicle. I just put 600 km on the last tank and still had 1/4 of a tank left. This trip was highway and city combined, so when you do the math about 26 miles per gallon! So I would think on an all highway driving trip I would get about 28 miles per gallon which is at the top of Honda's EPA estimates. Love this van and look forward to many years of pleasurable driving experience.

COACH DAD COOK

by SOCCER DAD from CHARLESTON, SC on March 28, 2012

HAVE HAD 3 OF THEM LAST 12 YEARS!!!! SOLD 2 TO FAMILY MEMBERS...BEST AND FUNNEST VAN TO DRIVE..TRANNY PROBLEMS ARE ONLY FROM 2001 TO 2003- GREAT ON GAS GREAT ON SNOW GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!!!!!!

More than 340000.ml still strong engine

by ProDriver from Los Angles, CA on March 2, 2015

I bought my Odyssey year of 2007 Summer and it was 90000ml . I'm been using this van for long distance travel business and I took care this baby and still love it. Meager expense was transmission. I did'nt like PAX TIRES so I changed 17inch wheels and tires.

Disappointed

by Chris from Colorado on January 30, 2008

Good: -VCM operates well and results in good gas mileage -Drives like a car, but with some expected lean -Built-in sunvisors work well, but kids like to play with them. Would be nice to have them extend and retract electrically. -Tons of room Bad: -5th trip coming up for whistling windshield; replaced clips, new moldings, new type tape-still whistles. No cost under warranty. -Power steering pump and reservoir replaced. No cost under warranty. -DVD screen replaced. No cost under warranty. -DVD player going to be replaced. No cost under warranty. -OEM tires terrible in snow/ice--put on Michelin X-Ice and now does just fine. -Squeaking front and rear brakes. Cleaned and resurfaced, but still squeak. Going to replace front pads with new materials. No cost under warranty. -Getting any passengers in/out problematic with two child seats installed. -Can't open left rear sliding door if filling gas tank -Adding accesories very expensive; fog lights or roof luggage carrier Overall, I expected less problems with a Honda than I'm having. No real solution available for rear brake squeak according to Honda service.

Great machine

by Kilgore from San Francisco on October 20, 2011

I bought this 2006 Odyssey after I totaled my 206 Odyssey (in a heavy rain, late at night, going 60 I hit an unoccupied, disabled car involved in an accident some 10 minutes before I got there). I walked away uninjured but for a small burn and scrape on my left hand. If Honda can do this once, it can do it again. Many terrific features: 3 storage compartments in the front besides the glove box, satellite radio ready (I added an XM radio and a device for playing an iPod through the radio for about $300), comfortable seats, heated side mirrors, good gas mileage (on the highway I get 21-24 mpg), and more.

honda odyssey

by pablo from cleveland on July 27, 2016

good comfort perfect vehicle transmission remains very comfortable thanks recondaria this vehicle will everyone

great van, worth the price!

by Mom of ThreePlus from on November 22, 2011

after owning a 03 Pontiac Montana and pouring money into it for 9 months, i decided it was time to trade it in. after researching the Honda Odyssey, i went with that, even though it was going to be a stretch financially. it is SO worth it! there is enough space to put 3 booster seats AND two car seats and still have room for all their stuff and other passengers. everyone has plenty of room and doesn't complain!

The best

by rsteinbe2 from on April 30, 2017

Travel with my dogs. Rear Side door gives you access to this large space .Remove seat in back for big free space for storage even with two large dog crates in the back.

Honda Odyssey Touring

by OdysseyMan from Ontario, Canada on February 22, 2010

Amazing car especially with the GPS and DVD player. Great car, runs great, we been all over with this car. Has a lot of power if you give it some gas. Mileage is amazing, and great for the family. A lot of storage in the back, and best car I have ever had. I'm most likely going to get the new 2011 version when its out, but this car is best of its class, hands down.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11