2006 Honda Odyssey

Awesome Odyssey

by from on September 28, 2010

The Odyssey has been highly recommended, and I have to agree. Although not as soft a ride as it's next closest competitor, it's on the road manners are incomparable for a minivan. This van can hold the road like no other. Very sedan like in it's ride, with an incredible turning radius, and I mean incredible for a vehicle of this size. The high end touring model would do well offering some additonal option packages, ie.. softer leather, woodgrains (avail as dealer add-on), and higher end tech goodies (laser cruise, power folding rear seats). And additional tire wheel pkgs (esp for touring pax setups). Mileage figures are similar to competiton, although have had several trips in the low 30's on the highway, conversely also have had city figures in the low teens. Could be quieter, bothersome whistle on the highway (there's a TSB for that) and also a noisy power door (TSB for that too). Love this car othewise!!!

Most versatile family vehicle

by from Eastern NC on February 19, 2010

I have had my 2006 Honda Odyssey for 4 years and still love it. It is convenient and comfortable for long trips for the whole family. You can change the seating arrangement to meet your needs. I have surprised many people with the capacity with the 2nd row seats removed and the third row seats folded down. I easily put a full size futon in the back to transport and a variety of other furniture. I have traveled cross country with the back packed and the kids in the second row seats. The rear entertainment system is very handy for entertaining children on long trips. One of my favorite features is the built in sunscreens in the sliding doors. They are a blessing, especially if you have a baby. The sunscreen easily slides into the door when it isn't needed. I also love the fact that the second and third row seats are very comfortable for adults. I am 99% satisfied with this van. If I could change anything, it would be to add automatic lights, maybe daytime driving lights. The shuffle on the 6 CD changer only shuffles for one CD and that is inconvenient. I would like to see it shuffle all of the CDs or have the ability to play MP3 CDs. The optional XM radio is proprietary. The odd shape of the Stereo system makes it difficult to use an aftermarket product. I love the fact that the driver's side window can automatically roll up as well as down. Heated seats and side mirrors are a blessing. This vehicle is loaded with storage spaces and cup holders. If I had the choice again, I would definitely buy this vehicle again without hesitation.

COACH DAD COOK

by from CHARLESTON, SC on March 28, 2012

HAVE HAD 3 OF THEM LAST 12 YEARS!!!! SOLD 2 TO FAMILY MEMBERS...BEST AND FUNNEST VAN TO DRIVE..TRANNY PROBLEMS ARE ONLY FROM 2001 TO 2003- GREAT ON GAS GREAT ON SNOW GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!!!!!!

Fabulous vehicle

by from Barrie Canada on June 20, 2009

I bought a 2006 Odyssey EXL (used) as we required more space with the dog and all. We owned 2007 & 2008 Civic, which we love, but needed more space. This van does not dissapoint in any way! The ride is fabulous, like being in first class on an airplane. Seats are as comfortable as it gets and the ride is very smooth. This van drives like a car and has very good handling. It is very quiet with very little road noise. Tons and tons of room and very good on leg room in all three rows. The sound system is quite good. All instrument gauges are very visible and the controls are easy to use. The air conditioning works great and I love the tri-climate control system. Now I can be cool and my wife doesn't need a blanket for our trips! The only bugaboo I have is with the sliding doors...they creak alot, so I will get to the dealer to see if this can be fixed. Maybe just an adjustment required. I can't understand all the complaints out there. I don't think you can find any better van on the market today! Oh by the way, fuel economy is excellent for this vehicle. I just put 600 km on the last tank and still had 1/4 of a tank left. This trip was highway and city combined, so when you do the math about 26 miles per gallon! So I would think on an all highway driving trip I would get about 28 miles per gallon which is at the top of Honda's EPA estimates. Love this van and look forward to many years of pleasurable driving experience.

great van, worth the price!

by from on November 22, 2011

after owning a 03 Pontiac Montana and pouring money into it for 9 months, i decided it was time to trade it in. after researching the Honda Odyssey, i went with that, even though it was going to be a stretch financially. it is SO worth it! there is enough space to put 3 booster seats AND two car seats and still have room for all their stuff and other passengers. everyone has plenty of room and doesn't complain!

Honda Odyssey Touring

by from Ontario, Canada on February 22, 2010

Amazing car especially with the GPS and DVD player. Great car, runs great, we been all over with this car. Has a lot of power if you give it some gas. Mileage is amazing, and great for the family. A lot of storage in the back, and best car I have ever had. I'm most likely going to get the new 2011 version when its out, but this car is best of its class, hands down.

Love my Odyssey

by from Mpls, MN on July 24, 2012

I have owned my Odyssey for only 6 weeks but love it already. Get 24mpg on highway. Great features-dual controls, rear controls. Seats up to 8 and can reconfigure seats. Great Grand-ma van.

Nice family vehicle

by from Cary, NC on August 7, 2013

We got the minivan with 112k miles and reliability and fit/finish is still top notch. We purchased the limited and the only concern I have are the PAC tires that will need to be replaced at some point...

Love my honda van

by from California on May 3, 2013

Love it. Love it. Very reliable, comfortable. Want another one. Battery tends to be replaced every couple of years.

honda odyssey

by from cleveland on July 27, 2016

good comfort perfect vehicle transmission remains very comfortable thanks recondaria this vehicle will everyone

Our Expert Review: 2006 Honda Odyssey