2011 Odyssey

2011 Honda Odyssey

2011 Honda Odyssey

Have You Driven the 2011 Honda Odyssey?

2011 Odyssey Touring Elite

by oddylove from North Carolina on Wed Jul 13 2011

We owned a 2005 Odyssey and traded it for an SUV. We regretted that decision because a van cannot be beat for long drives, carpools galore and simply loading groceries. We purchased a 2011 Odyssey Touring Elite. We enjoy the quiet yet responsive drive. The stereo system is insane. The surround sound envelops the cabin...very cool. The kids love all the storage areas and actually use the trash bag holder feature. The second row seating is easier to fold for access to the third row, the kids can even handle it. The gas mileage has been incredible. Our first highway drive gave us 28MPG. The blind spot detection feature is really helpful especially on the highway. The blue tooth and GPS are much more user friendly than others I have owned. Obviously the crash test ratings played a role in our decision to go with Honda. We test drove Toyota, Nissan and Chrysler. Our family is really happy with our purchase...it's really the coolest and most comfortable ride for busy families!

Love the interior

by minivan virgin from Atlanta, GA on Sun Jan 23 2011

First family minivan. Odyssey v Sienna. We traded our Acura MDX in. I thought I would never buy one but decided it was time after second baby. Power sliding doors, tailgate, and lower entry made it a better choice than a SUV. We like the exterior but thought the rear end could have been styled better and with led lighting. I can feel a slight jerk when the engine kick in and out cylinders but nothing major. I would prefer it do it at highway speeds rather than city driving speeds. That said, it was the interior and car like drive ability that sold us on the odyssey over the sienna. The sienna had more body roll and cheaper interior components. We bought a base EX-L since it had leather and a power tailgate. We bought roof rails and installed them ourselves to save money and it also improved the exterior design, roof rails just seemed to flow and not look so boxy and should be standard on an EX-L. The interior is very comfortable, quiet, and tons of buttons. Bluetooth works great, ipod plugs are cool and the new dash is a great improvement over the last generation. There are a lot of buttons but you get used to them after owning this minivan. The cool box is gimmicky, all it is is the a/c blowing into a drink storage box. I would have given this car 5 stars but upon delivery fresh from the alabama plant we noticed the front bumper was sticking out of place and the paint was chipping. I hope this doesn't reflect on the rest of the vehicle, especially the internal mechanics. Someone at Honda needs to get word to the QA person in Alabama to not rush these minivans without a thorough check. We are in the process of getting a fix through the dealership but it is frustrating been there 2 times with no resolution except it needs a new part and I have to come back. I wish Acura branded this minivan because there service is so much better. Slightly disappointed.

Excellent Vehicle

by Returning Honda buyer from Villa Hills Ky. on Wed May 18 2011

I set out to buy a vehicle that would meet my needs. I listed about 8 Suv's, trucks and Vans that could meet these requirements. The requirements were 1. To be able to enter and exit the vehicle without contorting my neck to do so. 2. Good fuel economy 3. Good to take on vacations. 4. Good to haul things in. ( bags of mulch or furniture) 5. And to have some luxury about it. After looking at several vehicles, I came to the conclusion that the Honda mini van would meet these requirements. I bought a Honda EX-L with rear entertainment. The van is sporty looking and looks less like a mini van. Comfortable captain seats. The van is very functional. The back up camera and the integrated blue tooth for the cell phone, are excellent. Nice to answer the cell phone from the button on the steering wheel. The fuel economy was good. I drove the van to Louisville and got 27.5 MPG according to the on board computer. The only thing I did not like about the van was that your not able to see the front hood at all from the front driver seat. The front hood is sloped too low to see, causing the driver to guess where his front end of the van is in tight places. I am 6 feet tall and I still can not see the hood of the van. I am sure Honda's engineers will deal with this in newer models.

Second Odyssey

by minie from Orange, California on Wed Apr 27 2011

I had a 2000 Odyssey. The Transmission was a constant problem but Honda put 2 in for free. One at 40k and one at 95k. That was good customer service. The only reason I bought a new one is it went out at 197k. That year had a problem with the trans. But if it wasn't for that I would have kept the van. Every thing else worked like a charm. I have had the new one, 2011 Touring, for about 3 months. So far so good. It is quieter, smoother, and more luxurious. Many improvements. The nav is better, the buttons are placed better, the interior seating is more comfortable, the car is lower making it easier to get in and out, and all the upgrades make me feel like I'm in a Luxury vehicle. MPG is a little bit better city combined is 18-20mpg. Highway is 26-28mpg. It seats 8 comfortably. The nice thing about it also is when you are talking in the front or back, you can hear each other. Not so in the 2000. There are a few negatives. It has a large blind spot when changing lanes. The second row seats don't fold up perpendicular to the back of the front seats for more room without the need to remove them. The reliability I can not assess yet, but it is a Honda and I am going on their past reputation and service they gave me with my last car. Could have bought the Sienna for less but there were some things that changed my mind. Fuel economy-interior looked cheap...and when 2nd row seats were out the rear bed area was not flat, due to the seat brackets. The cost of these vans are very pricey. We are new grandparents don't know how young families can afford them. I always had a station wagon or a mini van. Love the versatility and comfort. So guess I'll never get that sports car. But I was hoping my last van would last till a hybrid came out. No such luck on either wish. BUT ALL IN ALL EVERY TIME I DRIVE IT I LOVE IT. Hope I feel that way over the next 10-11 years.

Thunderbolt

by joe311 from IL on Thu Nov 25 2010

What I Like: Fuel economy. Comfortable ride. What I Don't Like: Unconcealed sliding door tracks - a design flaw! 3rd row seats are too low - make up the hights with a cushion. Cloth seats in EX/LX are not impressive.

If Minivans could just be cool

by David from Louisville, KY on Tue Jan 25 2011

I really like the van. It is very comfortable, all leather with the NAV. Lots of space and convienence inside. Lots of technology enhancements. From a utility standpoint it would beat any SUV hands down as long as you are not going off road or towing anything large. Now if minivans could over come the stigma of being a minvan all would be right with the world. Who knows though with the styling and features they are putting in them now maybe they will be the must have vehicle again.

Love this car...

by Surprised by my Odyssey from St. Paul, MN on Tue Oct 25 2011

So far we've been very happy with our Odyssey. It's very smooth and the fit and finish is second to none. That's what sold us on Honda versus the Toyota. And being a sportsman I had to get the towing package installed. I was very suprised to find out how easily it could tow our 17 foot boat. Gas millage has been good so far as well. We usually get 20-21 mpg around town and we've gotten as high as 29.5 on a long road trip. 29.5 mpg from a minivan... I love it!

We're thrilled

by Repeat Customer from Crystal Lake, IL on Wed Nov 30 2011

They say it rides like a car. In fact, it rides better than most cars. Fun to drive. All the comfort, functionality and high tech you could want. And the mileage is the icing on the cake. In our humble opinion, no car, van or suv at its price beats it!

Room for everyone to sprawl out

by MinivanDad from Ashland, OH on Thu Feb 10 2011

Bought our first minivan because we were tired of cramming all three kids in the back seat of our sedan. We chose the EX-L for the added features even though the price is a little steep for a van. We love all the room inside and all the different seating configurations. We put the infant car seat in the middle of the second row. Sliding the seat forward to get into the back can be difficult with a larger child seat in the middle, even with the wide-mode feature. Engine has nice power and good fuel mileage. Don't know about reliability, but there seems to be a lot of older hondas still on the road. Only problem is that there seems to be a lot of road noise from the front wheel wells, especially when driving in slushy or salted roads (road debris).

Another Fabulous Odyssey

by Odyssey Fan from Asbury, New Jersey on Tue Aug 16 2011

It's my third Odyssey. I got a 1999 when they first came out as I breed dogs and need to carry four crates sometimes. Sold the '99 to a friend when it had almost 100,000 miles and they had it for quite awhile. My 2003 had 169,000 miles on it when I got the new 2011. I waited for the new design because a new model came out a year after I got the 2003. We gave the 2003 to a family member as it's still running great with regular maintenance at our dealer. The Odyssey's have always been very reliable with great handling. I grew up driving sports cars so appreciate a vehicle that drives well, holds the road and has plenty of pick up for passing on country roads, The new engine design gets great highway mileage too with the economy mode that cuts out some cylinders when cruising. I love this Odyssey!!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2011 Honda Odyssey

Honda's Odyssey is about as thrilling a vehicle as a minivan can be — which is not all that exhilarating. To woo parents, the redesigned 2011 model is relying on features like an expandable second row that fits three child-safety seats, a built-in trash bag holder, and enough cupholders for 15 cans, bottles and juice boxes. The somewhat odd profile design will likely be the last thing Odyssey shoppers notice.

For parents willing to pay up for the top-of-the-line $43,250 Odyssey, their little ones will literally be sitting in a surround-sound mobile movie theater that sounds better than any home theater I've set up.

Yes, the Honda Odyssey is nirvana for suburban parents — but that... Read More