Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2013 Odyssey

2013 Honda Odyssey

2013 Honda Odyssey

Have You Driven the 2013 Honda Odyssey?

Family's first ever non-sedan . . .

by blue devil 89 from Atlanta on Thu Aug 08 2013

Wife seven mos pregnant with third kid, tried squeezing one infant, one toddler and one booster seat in the back seat of the Camry and the Genesis (our two current vehicles) and in truth, it could'a been a done . . . though things were a bit way snug . . . downright tight . . . and the newborn would've been doomed to the middle of the back seat since neither of our kids would give up a window even if you gave them a bucket of lollipops (never would'a had this problem in the 70s before car seats became mandatory). So, we test drove several minivans and SUVs, narrowed the field to the Odyssey EX-L, Sienna XLE and Santa Fe GLS, and after doing some more test driving (including the Sienna XLE twice, towards which my wife initially had a bias because of her Camry), we (she) chose the Odyssey. And she absolutely loves it. To me, all minivans still drive more like trucks, but the Odyssey has a lot going for it. 18/27 gas mileage, just like our Genesis. It handles surprisingly well for a van. Very comfortable ride. Even though she's seven mos pregnant, my wife finds the Odyssey remarkably convenient. No more head banging on the roof to get the kids in and out of their seats. Automatic side doors with sensors that ensure they don't close on little kids' hands. EX-L comes with leather seats, tint and sunshades, dual climate controls and seat warmers - all must haves for my wife. Rear view camera when backing out was a plus. Intentionally steered away from Touring and Touring Elite to avoid nav system and rear-entertainment DVD. If anything is going to go wrong with a car first, it's usually the electronics and anything that requires additional yards of wire, and you can get nav on most smartphones and DVD players for kids that don't hog up the stereo. The seats are really easy to configure, move, hide, or adjust once you know what to do. Honda engineers apparently sit in these things and try to think like a family and there are ample cupholders, cubby spaces, consoles and the like placed throughout. Having two sets of XM channels you can program was a nice a touch - literally hers and his (so that my sports programming and NFL channels dont get monkeyed with). Rear trunk space, even with all eight seats opened, is roomy. Interestingly, the styling of the Sienna XLE is what got my wife's attention and a second test drive - but she discovered during her second test drive that the turning radius on the Sienna was wider. Although she decided at that point to go w/ the Odyssey, we found out a couple days later from reading other reviews that roadtripping in the Sienna is more tedious - driving an airplane hangar is what we read - and that the Sienna is more prone to noticeable squeaks and rattles. We have noticed tons of 2013 Odysseys on the road - the lightning bolt window design is hard to miss - but given how happy my wife is with hers, it's not hard to see why these vans are so popular.

Great Family Vehicle

by Honda Lover from Matthews, NC on Mon Apr 08 2013

Our new Odyssey is just the vehicle our family needed. The minivan drives almost like a Honda Accord. Gas mileage is good. The seating is very comfortable. Our teenagers love the leg room and the way the back seats recline. The driver's seat adjusts comfortably for good lumbar support. It has lots of fancy features for the gadget -inclined. The displays are easy to read, even from the front passenger seat, where I did most of my driving. =)

very comfortable

by lift from Ottawa,Illinois on Sun Dec 30 2012

Lots of leg room,seats very comfortable, quite ride.Like the large screen for the back up camera have never had one of these. In other makes the screen is very small. The grandkids love the back seats. Like the electric doors and cargo area.

Style above function

by Gary - Third Odyssey from Atlanta on Tue Aug 06 2013

Having owned a 2005 and 2010 EXL w NAV, I blindly purchased a 2013 Odyssey. Sad to learn that in order to get Nav and Rear Entertainment I had to upgrade to the Touring Model. However, the Honda NAV always look like Honda went to Garmin and asked for a $30 system. The 2013 is built for looks not function. Gone are almost all the little storage areas that made the Odyssey useful for 100,000.. They might learn that people will buy the new Odyssey based on looks but will not buy another due to the lack of functionality and cheaper looking interior. Next time I will look at competitors.

Does not recommend this car!!

Love My New Honda Odyssey

by Stretch from Spotsylvania, VA on Mon Jul 01 2013

I really like the comfort, styling and reliability of my new Honda Odyssey. I wish the D,N,R indicator, would light up on the gear shift instead on on the dash. I find myself having to take extra time to look first at the gear shift and then the dash to see if I am in the correct gear. Also I used your price cqote as a barganing tool and got the auto for the same price as you said was a fair price. Thanks....

Dream car

by Van mobile from California on Tue Apr 30 2013

When you have three young kids, this is your dream car. The space the car has is incredible! You can easily enter the third row with no problem. Your not giving up in a style or comfort in this car. It feels very luxurious . Very enjoyable to drive. My oldest of 4 years old can't wait for the road trip to watch a DVD!

Family vechicle that fits everyone needs

by Family friendly vechicle from Greensburg, IN on Wed Apr 24 2013

My wife and I are very impressed with 2013 Honda Odyssey EX-L RES and so are our boys. It not your typical minivan that everyone thinks. It is very sporty, Its doesn't feel like your in a minivan. The features that come with the odyssey fits all ages. Our model came with Rear Entertainment System. Its were the people in the back can watch DVD without disturbance.The minivan came with 2 wireless headphones. While the kids are watching a movie in the back. People in the front can listen to whatever they want in the front. Its great. The Odyssey is great.

Great ride for families

by Family Car and Driver from DC on Tue Jul 02 2013

Nobody sets out excited about buying a minivan, but after a test drive of the 2013 Odyssey, I was stoked. Great pick up, handling, creature comforts, oh and it fits a boat load of people (if that boat hold 8 people). Not the sleekest vehicle on the road, but good overall value.

Love my Odysset EXL

by Ex Toyota Owner from New York on Sat Feb 23 2013

I was a life long Toyota owner. Recently my wife and I were shopping for a new minivan, we drove both the Toyota and Honda, and it was clear after we drove the Honda that hands down the Odyssey out performed Toyota. It was a hard to swallow at first being a Toyota owner but we are very happy with our purchase. The dealership was top notch and very easy to deal with.

Safety and Comfort

by Love My Honda from Great Lakes State on Thu Jul 10 2014

After walking away from a serious accident in which my 2005 Odyssey was totaled, there was no question what I would replace it with. We bought the '05 because it was the safest car on the road, and it sure proved itself. The 2013 is just as highly rated, and we like the improvements like Bluetooth, power tailgate, backup camera etc. The old one had 162,000 miles with no problems whatsoever -- I was hoping for 200,000 and will be aiming for even better with the new model.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7