2014 Odyssey

4.6 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.7 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

My favorite, most reliable van I've owned

by Honda lover from Missoula Mt on November 9, 2013

This is a continuation of 2000 Ford Windstar review " Worst Car I have ever owned". I tried to trade my red 2000 Ford Windstar SEL in for either a 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L with Honda D.V.D rear entertainment system or a 2013 Toyota Sienna XLE with Entertainment package, but neither dealer took it because it was such a L-E-M-O-N. Comparing my Windstar to the Yugo my parents had when i was a kid, they have the same reliability issues. I wound up calling the finance company to come and get it and picked out a new beautiful, reliable, dependable, Celestial blue 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L with Honda dvd rear entertainment system. We plan on annual cross country road trips in the odyssey, which we couldn't in the windstar because we couldn't drive it more than a half hour because if we did, the cruise control would overheat and it wouldn't start up in the Montana cold. The kids LOVE the rear entertainment system and they always want to go in the van to watch a movie in it. Me and my husband love the heated leather seats, pandora, xm radio, the cool box, which actually keeps water bottles cold, tri zone automatic temperature control, the windstar didn't even have air conditioning, rearview camera, hondalink, onemagic third row, the conversation mirror to keep an eye on the kids, and the second row trash bag to keep the new van clean and tidy.

Excellent After 3 Weeks

by No Mercy Man from Austin, TX on October 3, 2014

We only have 1800 miles on it so far but have been very pleased overall. High points include good visibility all around, good cruising comfort and mileage (26 mpg on first trip), lots of room for people and cargo, and cameras on right side and rear aid immensely in backing and lane changes. We have 2 drivers so we wish it had seat memory in our trim level (EX-L with Navigation) but that was not available as an option. It has pretty much everything else we wanted. We also like that it is not as high as most SUV's and thus easier to get into.

2014 Odyssey - New

by Ship from Macomb, MI on September 1, 2014

We owned and then wrecked a 2004 Monterrey and then had to be without a van for over three years. We missed having a van and did not want to buy foreign when it was our time to buy one again. Unfortunately, GM, Ford and Chrysler did not offer suitable minivans for our family who purchases versus leases. The only ones close (with sliding doors) were the Transit and the Caravan/T&C. We didn't like how the Transit looked and the Caravan/T&C we felt was loud, had poor fit and finish and did not shift smoothly at all. We therefore picked the Odyssey due to its looks, roominess and overall comfort and performance. The only draw-back is that we had to forego the navigation and entertainment systems to keep the price affordable, but we felt it was a fair trade-off. We are all very comfortable, and on our first longer ride (Macomb, MI to Lapeer, MI), we got 28 MPG on the way there and 32 MPG on the way back (both ways with the A/C on). This is much better than our 2009 Fusion! Hope this helps; have a great day, and best wishes to you.

CARAVAN CONVERT

by NEW 2 HONDA from WESTCHESTER COUNTY, NY on July 1, 2014

MY FIRST HONDA. PREVIOUSLY OWNED FOR MANY YEARS DODGE/CHRYSLER CARAVANS & TOWN&COUNTRIES WHICH SERVED ME WELL (TWO WITH OVER 200,000 MIILES).THEY JUST GOT TOO CHEAP-DON'T EVEN COME WITH A SPARE TIRE ANYMORE-JUST A CAN OF AIR, AND NO FOOT ROOM IN THE 3RD ROW (SO MUCH FOR THEIR STOW&GO). LOOKED AT BOTH THE TOYOTA AND ODYSSEY. IT WAS CLOSE. I LIKED THE EXTERIOR OFTHE TOYOTA, BUT I SIT ON THE INSIDE. WHAT SOLD ME ON THE ODYSSEY WAS THE 8TH SEAT. IT IS INDEPENDENT OFTHE 2ND ROW, AND WHEN THE 2ND ROW IS REMOVED, THERE IS NO BAR LEFT BEHIND (THAT THE SEATS ATTACH TO) UNLIKE THE TOYOTA. LIKES: HANDLES WELL, GOOD ACCELERATION, INTERIOR STORAGE FOR THE SPARE TIRE (NOT EXPOSED TO THE ELEMENTS), RIGHT LANE BLIND SPOT CAMERA, PLENTY OF ROOM, VERY COMFORTABLE DRIVE, GAS MILEAGE BETTER THAN ANY CARAVAN I OWNED, TRI-ZONE COMFORT CONTROLS (I.E. HIS & HERS). DISLIKES: ROOF RACK CROSS RAILS ARE PERMANENTLY MOUNTED, NOT ADJUSTABLE. INTERIOR CONTROLS (I.E. RADIO, ETC.) ARE A LITTLE CONFUSING. WE'LL SEE IF IT LASTS 200,000 MILES, BUT OVERALL, VERY PLEASED WITH THE VEHICLE SO FAR.

Honda has done it again!

by Honda Fan from Southern Utah on September 1, 2013

The new 2014 Odyssey has met and surpassed every expectation I have had as I anticipated the arrival of this vehicle to the dealership. I have long been a driver of Honda Accord sedans and recently decided to move into an Odyssey. My husband and I were going to lease a 2013 which is an incredible van, but when I looked into the 2014's we decided to wait. It was worth a couple months wait for the new options offered on the 2014. I LOVE the push button start- no more fumbling for keys! And the right turn blind spot camera is an incredible feature. We live in a resort town with a lot of bicyclists, so this feature comes in handy every day. There are too many bells and whistles to mention as Honda thinks of every detail. We love this van and can't wait to see what Honda comes up with for the Odyssey redesign in 2016!

honda seats

by henry from brainerd mn on December 3, 2013

the seats have changed a lot since the 2011 I owned and traded for a 2014 ex-l the seats are smaller and hard very uncomfortable

Does not recommend this car!!

Safest and best handling car I have owned.

by Security and safety from Zanesville OH on March 24, 2014

This is the perfect car in my opinion. It is the best handling car I've ever owned and is very convenient to travel in. It also carries the grandchildren with ease. They get better every two years. We really like the right side blind spot aid but would suggest a noise alert for both sides after signal if something is present. The right sode camera helps parallel parking but takes the eyes from the road to long for blind spot.

Most automatic car I have Owned

by Family Van from Teaneck, NJ on January 1, 2014

We love the interior styling, comfort and handling. Also the keyless starter as well as push button door openings.

Love it

by Honda from Tn on February 15, 2014

First I would say I love the van. Driving it a joy. Love the features. I think all cars are priced too high. When I ran my van thru the car wash the sun roof leaked. I am taking that in to be checked. The guy I thought I was making appt with talked like it could do that with a car wash. I do not like that. I had sun roof on Toyota highlander and a GM car & never had any trouble with the sun roof leaking. The weather was bad I called to change my appt he had not even put me down makes me think he had not planned to do anything.

:D"

by odyssey from teaneck,nj on March 6, 2014

We are so in love with this car, it is so much better than we expected, this is one of 5 cars we've gotten from Paragon Honda, and i'm glad we did, we always get the best treatment, we always work with Adnan M, and he's so helpful and really goes out of his way to make sure we get the best deal and service. Jalal/Awan

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11