2000 Honda Passport

Most fun/reliable used SUV/car I've ever owned.

by from Texas on May 5, 2008

This is a remarkable little SUV. My highway milage average 25 mpg on cruise with the AC on. It's not luxury, but it is fun to drive and reliable. Nice little package.

EXCELLENT CAR - DRIVING & STYLING

by from Newton, NJ on March 23, 2007

I love this car! It's a good looking car, inside and out. It drives well. Excellent handling. 4WD is awesome for those off-road types.

You can do better than this

by from Washington DC on June 4, 2012

I bought this car in 2008 when I was looking for a car for my daughter who was going to college. It was large, heavy, and at the time....cheap. I paid $5000 with 75,000 miles on it. Given that I got the top model (sunroof, leather seats, etc.) not so bad. I ended up keeping it for myself and getting her something more to her liking. Here's what's wrong with this car. As another reviewer noted, the sunroof tends to leak, and the drain hose for it gets clogged/disconnected requiring a mechanic to clean it out. You'll know when you hear water sloshing around in the roof. Small repair, but still.... The electric sunroof motor failed at around 80k miles. Cost me around $250 to fix. The fuel pump / sending units in the gas tank have a known issue which makes some of them go out anywhere from 50k to 100k. It causes the check engine light to go on. Replacing it set me back around $800. If you buy one, ask if this has been repaired....or be prepared. It gets very low gas mileage (around 14k mixed city/hwy). It's great in the snow, but again it's true 4wd, so you gotta remember to turn it on/off. And as another reviewer said, for the size/weight of this car, the amount of interior space is not that great. And you can get a bigger vehicle that gets better gas mileage.

its the perfect suv for city & outdoor type person

by from Nashville, Tennessee on December 6, 2007

It has more than enough space inside and plenty of storage compartments and excellent handeling, also is a very sharp looking mid size suv . I would recommend the honda passport to any person

You can do better

by from Washington, DC on September 9, 2010

There is a reason that Honda does not "make" this car anymore. And that is that the Pilot is a better version. This car is not all that reliable and can be a little expensive to fix. The 4WD feature is not AWD, and so you have to be very careful about turning it on, and off. Driving with "true" all wheel drive on dry pavement, for example, can break an axle or wear tires prematurely. The sunroof drain tends to have problems and leak into the drivers area. The usable space inside is not all that much considering the size and weight of the vehicle. A minivan is much larger internally. I bought mine because it was very cheap....but I would not do that again.

nice car

by from california on November 19, 2012

Well it is not the best car I ever ridden in.My grand parnents own one.Honda is a very reliable car.Infact I have been hearing better thinngs about the pilot.But still this car does exilent in the snow.Another reason why I like this car is because it very spacious on the in side.I am not going to say anything about what went won with the trans misson. Lovely car.

Similar Models