2003 Pilot

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Great Family SUV

by Family SUV Man from Overland Park, Ks on June 14, 2009

We purchased our 2003 Honda Pilot EX-L new in December 2002. I drove many other SUV's and determined this one had the best combination of features and price. We use this car mainly to transport our family around town and to travel to our grandparent's house. Here is my opinion of the vehicle. *** Great Value - In 2003 a new Pilot was priced at least $2000 less than the competition. *** Great reliability - Since 2003 we changed the battery, windshield wipers, and the normal fluids. *** Reasonable Ride - The ride is comfortable. There is some road noise on rough surfaces. *** Big car - The turning radius is very good. It is easy to turn into parking spaces, but it is a big car. The front bumper disappears making it difficult to determine how far you are away from something. We scraped the front bumper a couple times pulling out of the garage. Luckily we didn't hit the other car. *** DVD Player - We purchased the integrated DVD player with the car. We use it for traveling outside of town. My kids love it. Note you can't start the DVD while the car is moving. You have to interact with the DVD controls in the backseat to start a movie. You cannot start the movie from the front seat. My family and I have been very happy with our Pilot. My brother in law purchased a Pilot during the same time frame and he is very happy with his Pilot. This is a great family SUV. We plan to keep ours for many more years.

Purchases with lots of miles, hoping tranny holds

by NW Indiana from Highland, IN on May 8, 2013

picked up used with 160,000 miles since I just need something to haul stuff and kids with. I like the vehicle a lot, but the transmission does slip from time to time. I'm praying it won't need a new one dropped in anytime soon. Otherwise a nice vehicle.

Forever Customer

by Honda lover from Chandler , Arizona on August 12, 2013

We had to recently purchase another car due to an accident that totaled our Honda Odyssey. Unfortunately they had only given us money to purchase another vehicle similar to ours and we had a 2004 Odyssey van with 119,000 miles but in great condition. We could not find any similar used models in the area like ours. We were told it was because they are a great car. Of course that made us worried that we would not be able to find another reliable vehicle. We were wrong. We looked and looked and found our Honda Pilot at the dealer. It was a year older but it had 30,000 miles less than our van. When we looked at the car fax we knew this was the car we needed to purchase. Incredible clean Carfax. The vehicle looked brand new and we really love it. In the past I would never buy a used car that had more than 40,000 miles but my Honda purchases has changed my view on that. They go forever! You Can't lose owning a Honda!

Best car I've owned

by Steve from Denver, CO on July 23, 2017

It was my very first car after getting a drivers license. It was 4wd so very good in the snow. I drove it till it had 245,000 miles on it and it would've outlasted me if I kept driving it. I just wanted a newer, shinier car.

Truly the Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by Silver rabbit from Orlando, Florida on August 22, 2006

I've never had any problems with this car for the 3+ years that I have used it. It provides very steady cruise on highway. You do not feel the high speed such as 80 miles/hour when it does the smooth cruise. The interior's leather seats are very comfortable, and, of course, very roomy. Driver seat has power adjustments -- very convenient for all shapes of drivers. Automatic temperature control makes the car feel like home.

one of the best money spend suv's

by alex p. from los angeles on April 13, 2008

It's a good truck, but FUEL economie for the city is 13 mpg and 23 for the highway. I live in LA and 13 mpg at $3.75 its not a bargain. Brakes do not last at all, they always have some issues. Replaced all tires at 30K miles. That the major issues i see with this suv. On the other hand, Pilot is GREAT!

Great car!

by Alicia from Elmhurst, Il on September 4, 2017

This car was great for commuting and transporting all my needs back and forth to school. I was a teacher and had to move many boxes often plus wood working supplies. It was perfect. When I wasn't using it for work, the family enjoyed riding in it.

Great Car

by Lmess from Medina, Ohio on May 14, 2017

This car is a great car. We have 181,000 miles on it and it is still going strong. For being 14 years old and in the shape that it's in I would consider it a great car for a busy family like mine. And with third row seating up there is still a large trunk and the kids can take friends with them wherever we go.

Best car I've ever owned

by mrhappy from Garland, TX on August 19, 2006

I love this car and hate to have to sell it. It's sleek, stylish and gets great gas mileage. It looks brand new and is such a smooth ride for a larger SUV. The roomy interior and 3rd row of seats accomodates many people.

still love it

by robby d from atlanta on June 16, 2013

like everything about this truck that I bought used in 2010. good choice for anyone looking for inexpensive, reliable and good in gas SUV

1 2 3 4 5 6