2004 Pilot

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

My first SUV

by Biased towards Honda from West Des Moines, IA on April 16, 2008

I bought this July, 2007 and haven't looked back. I test drove the Envoy, Trailblazer, Tahoe, Expedition, 4Runner, and a Pathfinder and this one had the best ride by far. I am 6'4" and wanted a lot of space but didn't have a need for lots of towing or off road handling, so this was a natural fit. This vehicle's ride is so smooth you wouldn't believe you're in an SUV. I also have the navigation, but its not worth any extra money. I was able to get a great deal on the vehicle so I didn't pay extra for it, but I would probably get it again since it makes the interior much more aesthetically pleasing. Rear cargo space is great and the seats fold down nearly flat which helped a lot when I moved and helped some friends move as well. Only real complaint is steering wheel controls. My previous car, 2003 Accord, had much more versatile controls than this and they looked better too. Bottom line, this is an SUV for the road-bound driver. Lots of space and plenty of comfort. Finally, I got this as a Certified Used Vehicle. Some of the audio control keys were really sticky and the warrenty covered them and they were replaced outright, so a plus to Honda. Though, there was a problem with my driver side rubber insulation not being flush with the window that wasn't covered by the warrenty, minus to Honda.

Great SUV, Go test drive one today

by Great SUV from Scappoose, OR on January 6, 2008

We bought our 2004 Honda pilot EX-L about a month ago. So far we have had no trouble with it. I love the power of the engine and how it handles. Plus there is so much cargo room to travel with our 3 kids. And having the DVD player option with the wireless headset makes going places a lot easier with the kids. If you want an SUV that drives like a car. Go test the Honda pilot at your nearest dealership. The only downfall is not enough leg room in the back seats. So thats why I gave comfort a 4.

2004 Honda Pilot EXL RES LOADED!!!!!!!!!!!

by Mom from Nesconset, New York on July 14, 2007

I loved my truck which I bought new and trade in about a 1.5 later b/c this car was bought and paid I wanted to lease a car to free up money. The only flaw in this particular year is that you can't get the RES and the sunroof which was rectified in the 2005 model. With this 2004 i got about 19 miles per gallon and did service it until I traded it in at 25,000 miles. All I had to was cahnge the oil and the car went. PS I did lease the same pilot but the year 2005 and love that too I will write that reiview also.

Honda = Reliable

by Honda Rules from Bay City, MI on September 22, 2010

Honda Pilots are so comfortable driving and this is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Can't even compare this to a GM vehicle....these Honda's are made to last unlike GM made to break. Good gas mileage for an SUV and great power too.

Reliable and Dependable Honda Pilot

by Jazzman from Columbia, MD on May 14, 2014

I have driven my Honda Pilot for the last ten years (210,000) and it is the most reliable and dependable car that I have ever owned. It is also the very best vehicle for moving stuff in and out of college dorms, packing things up for vacation (you can even drive it on the beach). This car has been comfortable for up to 7 people as their are extra hidden seats that fold up in the back.

Own car for 6 years

by Jnavarro from Alexandria, VA on June 15, 2010

I purchased my 2004 Honda Pilot in February 2004. I love this car. Never had any problem. Thinking to get the a newer version. but for now this car ROCK.

Honda Pilot

by Taxi mom from Springfield, Mo on July 3, 2014

I love the spacing and the drive of this vehicle. It has split seats for hauling things and carry extra passengers. I love the fact that I can change radio stations at the finger tips on the wheel and has front and back window wiper blades. The fact that I haven't used the A/C on it due to the temperature control is excellent. There is a master cruise control button and then can set the cruise control and turn it off is amazing feature. I love the way it handles for a 4 wheel drive vehicle.

My First SUV is Thirsty but Great!

by Bill from New Jersey from Central New Jersey on March 14, 2009

This is my first SUV. I bought it used in Sping 2008 so I've had it about 120 months. It's a great car for how I use it - daily 2 mile r/t to train station and week-end and vacation hauler for "stuff". Lots of features and very well laid out in front. Third row very tight. The ONLY downside is the gas mileage - I get 17 mpg at best. For how I use it, that's fine since I put much less than a 1,000 miles a month on it.

Love, Love, Love this Honda!

by Gramajo5 from Shawnee, KS on July 28, 2011

This car has been wonderful! I bought it used and have had no problems with it. The gas milage isn't wonderful but better than expected! It has loads of room and is very comfy inside. I love the seat warmers in the winter - but not so chachi on the leather seats in the summer. I would defiantly buy another pilot! I can fit two car seats and 4 older kids in the car - no problem! Loads of room!

Best SUV I've ever owned

by coldsteel from Zanesfield, Ohio on January 7, 2015

I've been buying cars, trucks and SUV's for 40 years (personal, not a dealer) and this is the best vehicle I've ever owned, period. Awesome combination of superior power, reliability, room, gas mileage and functionality. I bought it new and after 194K miles, I have had no major mechanical problems outside of routine Honda scheduled dealer maintenance. 20-22 mpg.

1 2 3 4 5