Read or write a review.

Change Year
Average based on 22 reviews

Watch those transmissions

by from Chicago, IL on October 11, 2010

Needed a new transmission at 68,829 miles and six-and-a-half years. Guess who did not care? Honda USA of course! We are not the exception, even though Honda acted like we were at first. After citing many reports online and the NHTSA reports, they did agree it is a problem, and offered a whopping $600 off for labor. Now I know how all those Acura and Honda owners from 2003 feel. See you Honda! Lost the same amount on trade as if I had gotten it fixed and it was worth it not to give them another penny. And plenty of dealers were happy to take the trade.

Best vehicle I have owned

by from New Orleans, La. on June 22, 2008

I love this car! I bought a used 2005 Honda Pilot EX-L in excellent condition in Sept 07 and I have not been disappointed. I have never owned a Honda but am well aware of their reputation. The Honda vehicle definitely lives up to its name. I was recently in an pretty severe accident and the Honda did amazingly well considering the impact. The car is probably totaled, but I know considering the impact that it could have been far worse. I managed to walk away with just scrapes and bruises by God's grace. The police officer even commented on how well the Honda faired considering the impact. I am now searching for another Honda Pilot. If you are considering buying an SUV, Honda should be your only choice. You won't be disappointed.

Its a Honda!!

by from Maryland on December 11, 2012

This is probably the most reliable car I have ever owned. This Honda just keeps on going like new. I service the car regularly, and it just keeps performing. I had only 1 minor problem with it besides routine maintenance, and that was an $100 o2 sensor. It has 194,000 miles and is running strong. No leaks and no problems. Want to see if I can get 300,000 miles, and I expect I can.

Love the Pilot

by from Englewood, CO on November 28, 2011

I love the 60/40 split of the 3rd row. I really wanted to Toyota Highlander however the 3rd row was all or nothing in the models we looked at.

Love this car

by from Ames, IA on December 23, 2012

We bought our pilot used a month ago. Already it has snowed and proven itself very effective on steep inclines and normal driving. I am 6'1 and found the driver side seating very comfortable with a commanding view of the road. The steering is responsive. You can feel the road as you drive. The console controls feel a little far away from the driver. However the steering wheel stereo and cruise controls are convenient and make up for the distance to the center console buttons. We have found the folding 3rd row most helpful and look forward to trying them out with our friends after the twins arrive.

GREAT LARGE FAMILY SUV!

by from Chesterfield Virginia on August 8, 2013

We love our 2005 Pilot. 79000 miles and purrs ... NO ISSUES ever! BIG and safe SUV. Make sure you have young kids for the third seat. It won't work for long trips with teens - not enough leg room.

Great SUV. Loved it!

by from Colorado Springs, CO on September 1, 2012

I had this SUV for a few years and loved it! Very roomy, comfy and just a great car! Never had mechanical issues and traded it in at 114,000 miles. I only got rid of it to get a newer, "sportier" vehicle. (4Runner) it was roomy enough to really seat 8 and move 6 foot book shelves etc. Great in the snow, rain, on road trips etc. I would highly recommend this car.

Best value SUV

by from on March 24, 2012

Honda is built to last! Great SUV, roomy interior, somooth ride. and good on gas mileage. Best SUV I ever owned! P.S. Mario if still interested in purchasing SUV, please call again couldn't get your phone number.

2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

by from Chicago, IL on May 18, 2006

The vehicle I bought was at the end of the model year in 2005 and have been pleased with the comfort and ride of the vehicle. The published mileage is a little generous and I have yet to see the types of #'s they have reported. A couple of rattles in the dash and squeaks in the door seals that surprise me coming from a product from Honda. Overall, the Pilot has performed well. We've hauled 8 people, 25 bags of mulch, a couch and several other things. It's spacious for sure and a good ride for all passengers. It's solid.

2005 Honda Pilot EX w/DVD

by from Commerce, GA on July 18, 2006

Pro: Very comfortable ride. Easy to drive,numerous safety features, lots of storage. Handles well in the rain. Con: No daytime running lights or fog lights. No lights on steering wheel controls.

Our Expert Review: 2005 Honda Pilot