2005 Pilot

2005 Honda Pilot

$488 - $11,728  MSRP Range
2005 Honda Pilot

Have You Driven the 2005 Honda Pilot?

Its a Honda!!

by Ace from Maryland on Tue Dec 11 2012

This is probably the most reliable car I have ever owned. This Honda just keeps on going like new. I service the car regularly, and it just keeps performing. I had only 1 minor problem with it besides routine maintenance, and that was an $100 o2 sensor. It has 194,000 miles and is running strong. No leaks and no problems. Want to see if I can get 300,000 miles, and I expect I can.

Best vehicle I have owned

by D from New Orleans, La. on Sun Jun 22 2008

I love this car! I bought a used 2005 Honda Pilot EX-L in excellent condition in Sept 07 and I have not been disappointed. I have never owned a Honda but am well aware of their reputation. The Honda vehicle definitely lives up to its name. I was recently in an pretty severe accident and the Honda did amazingly well considering the impact. The car is probably totaled, but I know considering the impact that it could have been far worse. I managed to walk away with just scrapes and bruises by God's grace. The police officer even commented on how well the Honda faired considering the impact. I am now searching for another Honda Pilot. If you are considering buying an SUV, Honda should be your only choice. You won't be disappointed.

367,000 miles ago, I purchased my 2005 Pilot

by MamaRut from Richmond,IN on Wed Oct 18 2017

Mother of 3 boys, this vehicle was always tolerant of major travel adventures without the need to worry about the car. Soccer mom, swim parent, college moves, and grandbabies. This vehicle did it all. Currently has 367,500 miles and I think it's time for a new color!! Home Health professional who never had to miss work for bad weather. Interior front seats have been replaced twice (free with xylon), slight rust at rear quarter panels. The most awesome car for family on the run.

Love the Pilot

by bebe from Englewood, CO on Mon Nov 28 2011

I love the 60/40 split of the 3rd row. I really wanted to Toyota Highlander however the 3rd row was all or nothing in the models we looked at.

GREAT LARGE FAMILY SUV!

by Daddy of 6 from Chesterfield Virginia on Thu Aug 08 2013

We love our 2005 Pilot. 79000 miles and purrs ... NO ISSUES ever! BIG and safe SUV. Make sure you have young kids for the third seat. It won't work for long trips with teens - not enough leg room.

Love this car

by RoamingNav from Ames, IA on Sun Dec 23 2012

We bought our pilot used a month ago. Already it has snowed and proven itself very effective on steep inclines and normal driving. I am 6'1 and found the driver side seating very comfortable with a commanding view of the road. The steering is responsive. You can feel the road as you drive. The console controls feel a little far away from the driver. However the steering wheel stereo and cruise controls are convenient and make up for the distance to the center console buttons. We have found the folding 3rd row most helpful and look forward to trying them out with our friends after the twins arrive.

Best value SUV

by Neej. from on Sat Mar 24 2012

Honda is built to last! Great SUV, roomy interior, somooth ride. and good on gas mileage. Best SUV I ever owned! P.S. Mario if still interested in purchasing SUV, please call again couldn't get your phone number.

2005 Honda Pilot EX w/DVD

by gdsbls from Commerce, GA on Tue Jul 18 2006

Pro: Very comfortable ride. Easy to drive,numerous safety features, lots of storage. Handles well in the rain. Con: No daytime running lights or fog lights. No lights on steering wheel controls.

2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

by First Time SUV Owner from Chicago, IL on Thu May 18 2006

The vehicle I bought was at the end of the model year in 2005 and have been pleased with the comfort and ride of the vehicle. The published mileage is a little generous and I have yet to see the types of #'s they have reported. A couple of rattles in the dash and squeaks in the door seals that surprise me coming from a product from Honda. Overall, the Pilot has performed well. We've hauled 8 people, 25 bags of mulch, a couch and several other things. It's spacious for sure and a good ride for all passengers. It's solid.

The Car you See on Every Street

by honda from new york, ny on Thu Mar 09 2017

Overall very reliable car. Interior design can be more comfortable. Pretty spacious though. Can be the design for google self driving car. should turn into a car for road trips and have enough space for sleeping on the trunk during camp nights :)

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2005 Honda Pilot

The Honda Pilot is actually the vehicle that started this whole "quest for the quintessential mom-mobile" about a year ago. I learned about the Pilot when trying to find family vehicles with three rows of seats. After doing some research online (not easily I might add, flipping from one car website to another only to give up in frustration after sensory overload had set in and I still didn't find the info I needed), I decided that the Pilot was the car for me. Of course, I hadn't actually driven it (a minor detail, I figured) but all the online reviews I read ranted and raved about Honda's safety and durability.

I wonder if the automotive journalists who wrote those reviews ever put children in the... Read More