2005 Honda Pilot

Watch those transmissions

by from Chicago, IL on October 11, 2010

Needed a new transmission at 68,829 miles and six-and-a-half years. Guess who did not care? Honda USA of course! We are not the exception, even though Honda acted like we were at first. After citing many reports online and the NHTSA reports, they did agree it is a problem, and offered a whopping $600 off for labor. Now I know how all those Acura and Honda owners from 2003 feel. See you Honda! Lost the same amount on trade as if I had gotten it fixed and it was worth it not to give them another penny. And plenty of dealers were happy to take the trade.

Best vehicle I have owned

by from New Orleans, La. on June 22, 2008

I love this car! I bought a used 2005 Honda Pilot EX-L in excellent condition in Sept 07 and I have not been disappointed. I have never owned a Honda but am well aware of their reputation. The Honda vehicle definitely lives up to its name. I was recently in an pretty severe accident and the Honda did amazingly well considering the impact. The car is probably totaled, but I know considering the impact that it could have been far worse. I managed to walk away with just scrapes and bruises by God's grace. The police officer even commented on how well the Honda faired considering the impact. I am now searching for another Honda Pilot. If you are considering buying an SUV, Honda should be your only choice. You won't be disappointed.

Its a Honda!!

by from Maryland on December 11, 2012

This is probably the most reliable car I have ever owned. This Honda just keeps on going like new. I service the car regularly, and it just keeps performing. I had only 1 minor problem with it besides routine maintenance, and that was an $100 o2 sensor. It has 194,000 miles and is running strong. No leaks and no problems. Want to see if I can get 300,000 miles, and I expect I can.

GREAT LARGE FAMILY SUV!

by from Chesterfield Virginia on August 8, 2013

We love our 2005 Pilot. 79000 miles and purrs ... NO ISSUES ever! BIG and safe SUV. Make sure you have young kids for the third seat. It won't work for long trips with teens - not enough leg room.

Love the Pilot

by from Englewood, CO on November 28, 2011

I love the 60/40 split of the 3rd row. I really wanted to Toyota Highlander however the 3rd row was all or nothing in the models we looked at.

Love this car

by from Ames, IA on December 23, 2012

We bought our pilot used a month ago. Already it has snowed and proven itself very effective on steep inclines and normal driving. I am 6'1 and found the driver side seating very comfortable with a commanding view of the road. The steering is responsive. You can feel the road as you drive. The console controls feel a little far away from the driver. However the steering wheel stereo and cruise controls are convenient and make up for the distance to the center console buttons. We have found the folding 3rd row most helpful and look forward to trying them out with our friends after the twins arrive.

Best value SUV

by from on March 24, 2012

Honda is built to last! Great SUV, roomy interior, somooth ride. and good on gas mileage. Best SUV I ever owned! P.S. Mario if still interested in purchasing SUV, please call again couldn't get your phone number.

2005 Honda Pilot EX w/DVD

by from Commerce, GA on July 18, 2006

Pro: Very comfortable ride. Easy to drive,numerous safety features, lots of storage. Handles well in the rain. Con: No daytime running lights or fog lights. No lights on steering wheel controls.

The Car you See on Every Street

by from new york, ny on March 9, 2017

Overall very reliable car. Interior design can be more comfortable. Pretty spacious though. Can be the design for google self driving car. should turn into a car for road trips and have enough space for sleeping on the trunk during camp nights :)

by from Indianapolis, IN on April 11, 2015

We bought our 2005 Honda Pilot EX-L brand new in Dec. 2004. It has easily been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Extremely versatile, reliable, and comfortable. We now have 167k miles on it and still with no problems. We have always used Honda service stations and made sure to use Honda fluids (very important for transmissions). I still enjoy driving it as my daily driver and plan to keep it another 2 years. The new MY16 Pilot looks pretty good, but it's hard to beat this 2005 Pilot!!

Our Expert Review: 2005 Honda Pilot