2008 Pilot

2008 Honda Pilot

2008 Honda Pilot

Have You Driven the 2008 Honda Pilot?

Everything needed for a family

by Honda afecionatio from Pacific NW on Mon Jan 28 2008

I bought the 2008 Pilot to replace the family's aging Ford Windstar. You get legendary Honda safety and reliability. This is our second Honda. It's ability to get us comfortably from point A to point B in the Pacific Northwest's heavy rain and slick streets plus occasional ice and snow is unparalleled. The vehicle's VTS-4 all wheel drive is incredible. Add the ABS brakes and Vehicle stability control plus 5 star safety rating and you get the point. The complaint that the interior and body style is "dated" is ridiculous. I have no complaints in comfort or style. The only wish I would have be better gas mileage. Do not hesitate to buy one.

Fantastic car at Discount Pricing

by Seasker from Illinois on Wed Apr 09 2008

Since they must be making room for the '09 version/redesign of the Pilot, we got a fantastic deal on the '08. Not just because I bought it, but I prefer the look of the outgoing model to the prototype design of the '09. This car handles like a car but is so roomy inside...perfect for a family. And the crash test results are Volvo-like, but with Honda reliability backing it up. DVD system is great for the kids and the wireless headsets (included) allow you to listen to the XM radio, CD, or AM/FM while the movie plays in the back...that is a really nice detail you will really appreciate. The leather is great and the seats are very supportive and comfortable. The moonroof both tilts and slides completely away. The cargo area is a little smallish behind the third row seat, so don't take 8-people to the grocery store or shopping. BUt with the third seat folded down, the cargo deck is huge, more than ample for regular shopping, errands, etc. Overall, very happy with the car and definitely a great value at current prices...but this car is a winner at any price (this review is of the EX-L 4WD with RES)

It's a Beauty

by Honda Convert from Wadsworth, Ohio on Tue Apr 03 2012

Just bought a 2008 Honda Pilot EX-L with NAV. I am a first time Honda owner and glad I made the decision to buy one. I have a large screen back up camera that cannot be beat, heated leather seats, satellite radio and room for 8! It is a very safe vehicle, solidly built-you can feel it when you are in it. The overall design makes a very attractive car from the outside. The resale value is excellent. I love everything about this vehicle except for the gas mileage!

Plenty of room

by Soccer Mom from on Tue May 17 2011

I went from a honda civic to my honda pilot. I have more than enough room for all my stuff and my two boys' things (including a rear facing carseat and two strollers- large travel and small umberlla stroller). My front passenger doesnt feel crowded at all either. Although my gas cost has gone up I feel it has been worth it considering how safe I feel and how much room I have.

Lovin the Pilot

by Hondabuff from Grand Rapids,MI on Thu Jul 07 2011

The Honda Pilot had everything I was looking for.I traded my 1999 Honda Civic to get this,I never had a problem with my 12 y/o civic and expect the same for this I think Honda Is an incredible value.

Dependable, roomy Pilot

by Pilot guy from ANdover, Mass on Mon Jun 25 2012

Great car! I love it! Wish I had bought one earlier! Good 22 mpg. Lots of room to carry over size items and lots of people.

Love my Pilot!

by Chestermelanie from Lexington, NC on Wed Apr 01 2015

I bought my Pilot in 2013, after driving a Civic for 6 years I need something with a little more room for a 10 and 8 year old. I have nothing but good things to say about this car. I looks good, drives good, and has an amazing amount of room for my family the addition seat in the back is a bonus. I still have my Civic which my husband drives now and it has 178+ thousand miles on it I did get the timing belt and water pump changed at 100 thousand and I have never had a problem with it. Although my Pilot had a few more miles then I would have liked when I bought it 80 thousand I have a great mechanic who replaced the timing belt and water pump at 120 thousand I hope to be driving this Pilot for another 100 thousand mile with the same result as my Civic. I will always be a Honda girl!

Owner & Driver

by Bandit from Raleigh, NC on Mon Apr 18 2011

So Far it's been fine; hope it last 200K miles; if it last as long as my last car, 10 years, 200K miles, I'll be happy.

Reliable and safe

by zoepilot from Greenville, SC on Thu May 25 2017

While the interior leaves much to be desired in ways of styling, it's comfortable and roomy and great for transporting big loads. Gas mileage is terrible (15-17 mpg) but I've barely had any troubles with it since I got it in 2011 and it's got over 140k miles.

I'm glad I purchased it.

by Working Mom from Atlanta, Ga on Sun Apr 10 2011

I originally wanted a Toyota either a Venza or Highlander because I owned a Camry for 8 years. It was really a good car. However, I took a look at the Honda Pilot and feel in love with it. Moreover, the Pilot 08 year SE model had more features than either 2009 Toyotas. I am happy I purchased it and from the dealer I purchased it from. I have had minor repairs (A/C & dome light repairs) that were all covered by the extended warranty. I feel safe and my family is enjoying the rear entertainment system.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2008 Honda Pilot

They say the only things you can really count on are death and taxes. Well, I'd like to add a few things to that list: Levis, ice cream, diet Dr. Pepper and my tragically frizzy hair. The first three have never let me down, and the last never fails to appear. After driving the 2008 Honda Pilot, I've determined it too is worthy of being added to that list.

I'm not just talking about Honda's legendary maintenance records or the way so many people put countless miles and years onto their Hondas. The Pilot reliably hauled my crew and all our stuff wherever we needed to go comfortably. It manages to straddle the line between truck and passenger car without any sacrifice in utility. The ride is smooth and... Read More