2010 Pilot

2010 Honda Pilot

2010 Honda Pilot

Have You Driven the 2010 Honda Pilot?

Research Pays Off!

by SpecialK from Washington, DC on Mon Jan 04 2010

First new car purchase ever. Researched like crazy mid-size suvs. For the money and what you get (for me the EX-L), the Pilot was the most prudent decision. Standard features for this trim were slightly better than others we test drove. True, the body-style and interior will not win a beauty contest, but we were reaching for function over fashion. The vehicle handles incredibly well; bought it and drove it the weekend of the Eastcoast blizzard of 2009. Seats 8 (perhaps 6 adults comfortably). Handles like a truck with a bow-tie and possess a maniacal resale value. You know you made the right decision when you look for reasons, excuses, and objectives to drive a vehicle, regardless of the gas mileage.

meets expectations

by Back in a SUV from Cincinnati on Tue Mar 23 2010

After three years in a VW EOS it's great to be back in a car I am comforatable with. Great interior once you understand what all the buttons are about and one of the best nav systems I have used. Gas milage is very good for the car size and the eco indicator makes it easier to be aware of your driving habits.This is my first Honda and so far very pleased.

Not left wanting more.

by sense from TX on Wed Aug 26 2009

Honda did not streamline or downsize the Pilot like equivalent SUV's, and it is much appreciated. The interior seems ALOT roomier than the older model of this car. As a 6'1" driver at 220lbs., the interior dimensions are spot on. The third row is a bit small for my size but bigger it seems than the older design. I have read that the center console is "busy". I just don't see that. After a couple of days driving, I hardly look at the console and display screen. Just a quick glance and a reach which is facilitated by the round knob scrolling of the menus, lets me keep my eyes on the road. The EXL has enough extras to keep anyone happy (unless you absolutely need to speak to your car). Kudos on the backup camera and view---it helped more than I wanted to admit. I have already taken evasive maneuvers at moderate speeds several times to avoid bad drivers and the Pilot responded quickly similar to the Accord. For that reason I gave it a 5 in handling (not b/c of sportscar-like handling). Great setup found inside with too much to comment on---definitely well thought out. Definitely would recommend.

2010 Pilot

by gudney from Westford, MA on Mon Mar 05 2012

Simply put when I asked my wife how she liked the car one month later she replied: "I don't like it I LOVE IT!!!"

Excellent car based SUV that looks like a truck

by Middle Aged Male from South Carolina on Tue May 04 2010

Great vehicle. Drives smooth like a car, but has plenty of room for 8 people and can lay the back seat down and haul stuff with a cargo mat installed to protect the interior. Looks masculine - plenty of room shoulder/head. Very affordable compared to competitors.

My Honda Pilot Touring Edition

by AdkBoy from Troy, NY on Fri Apr 12 2013

Very comfortable leather seats, nice ride. Love the controls on the steering wheel and voice activated Audio, Nav and bluetooth. So far (I've only had it for 3 weeks), I love it!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

great Truck

by GK from Cleveland, OH on Fri May 24 2013

I got everything I was looking for in this truck. It rides very smoothly and the gas mileage is not too shabby. It also has ample interior space for my family and the Touring version I have comes with very handy features like back-up cam, navigation and Blue tooth, one of the features I have come love the most.

Pilot Touring - Great SUV

by 1st Time Pilot Owner from Pittsburgh, Pa on Fri Nov 27 2009

I have never owned an SUV or in fact a foreign car of any type. I have had my pilot for a month now and absolutely love it. I love all the features of the touring model. It takes a few days to know them all but once you learn them it would be hard to do without. Gas mileage is OK but for an 8 passinger vehicle you expect average. Seats are very confortable and I love the navigation system. I have a garmin for my other car and for my work vehicle but this system in the pilot is better. The backup camera really comes in handy as well as the sensors. I recommend this SUV to everyone who wants a stylish yet functional vehicle that seats eight. GREAT SUV!

Really reliable and great on gas

by Carebear from Florida on Sat Apr 07 2018

I put over 100,000 miles after only having it a couple of years, excellent on gas and the interior sat eight ppl, ports for phone everything loved it would definitely own it again

Haven't owned long but love!

by Mom of four from Grandview on Thu Aug 09 2018

I love the comfort of the pilot and that the third row is comfy yet has great gas mileage! I don't happen to love the puffy style but that is personal. It is super easy to use the rear end for passengers or groceries.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2010 Honda Pilot

Editor's note: This review was written in April 2008 about the 2009 Honda Pilot. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2010, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Remember when your mother told you that just because everyone else was doing something didn't mean you had to do it too? It appears Honda took that advice to heart, as the redesigned 2009 Pilot bucks the trend of ever-sleeker styling that's come to dominate the crossover category.

Instead, the eight-seat Pilot, which goes on sale May 22, embraces a boxy, angular look that came to define SUVs in the '90s. While it remains to be seen how accepting customers will be... Read More