2015 Pilot

2015 Honda Pilot

2015 Honda Pilot

Have You Driven the 2015 Honda Pilot?

Overall great SUV, just two nits

by Bob T. from Minneapolis, MN on Sun Nov 30 2014

I had owned an Element for past 6 years and it worked great so came back to a Honda for a new vehicle. I generally love this vehicle. It's exterior styling, though somewhat plain, at least is not "rounded off" and made to look like some sort of space capsule like all the other models out there. The more square lines of the Pilot afford it more cargo capacity which is something I'm really big on. Rumors are the 2016 Pilot is going to follow the "capsule" trend of other SUVs ? so if you hate that useless styling, like me, get a 2015 soon. Otherwise, the car is quiet, comfortable, has great storage spaces and cup holders, great connectivity and technology features, and is a joy to drive. My two nits are: 1. Styling (as alluded to above). The Element I owned had such unique styling that set it apart from all other models ? and the styling was functional, as in more interior space. The Pilot could just use a touch of styling flare, somehow. 2. Legroom. It's just a tad tight. I'm 6'0" guy, and I can't quite fully stretch out legs in either of the front seats. Especially the passenger side where the dash comes down far enough to actually interfere with your shins if you try to just stretch your legs out. The 2nd row seats are pretty tight too, though this is less of a concern because your most likely to have kids in the back. I suspect that fitting in 3rd row seat, while a cool idea, stole a little space overall from 1st and second rows. The vehicle isn't quite long enough to truly have 3 row. It's mostly fine, just not optimal.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Best vehicle for Northern States

by Pilot #2 from Suttons Bay on Mon Sep 15 2014

This is the second Honda Pilot I've had. Our first pilot is still going strong. It's a 2003 with 190,000 miles on it. This Pilot gets better gas millage and has a smoother ride. It had even more room inside that the older model. The Pilot handles so well in the winter. I never have to worry about getting anywhere even during a snow storm. Great Car!!

Great car

by 5hats from Laramie WY on Sat Feb 28 2015

No it isn't the most stylish car; I actually wanted the new space capsule look. But my husband wanted what I kept calling "the box". It does have better visibility. It's my car but I wanted him to be happy driving it so we got the box. I really like it. It's very quiet and feels very solid. The backup camera with lines is the greatest feature--no worries about scraping anything. Inadequate glove box. Not happy about the in-town mpg; only 15 this tank. I'm hoping that it will get better with more mileage on it (625 mi now)

Love this car

by Jessica on Wed Aug 22 2018

We have owned our 2015 pilot for just over 2 years and we love it! I love the boxy SUV look and spacious 3rd row, while still getting good gas mileage. We purchased the EX-L which has the leather and sunroof and heated seats. We would highly recommend this vehicle.

Awesome family car that's NOT a minivan

by SDCarGuy from San Diego on Tue May 01 2018

2015 Honda Pilot is an awesome family car that is NOT a minivan! Had an 09, and upgraded to a '15 to stay in the older, square body style. What the car lacks in overall exterior styling - kinda like an ugly transformer - it over compensates by being amazing on the interior. Rugged enough to hold up to my kids, dogs, and anything life can throw at it, but still classy enough to not be a total mom-ride / kid hauler. The 2015 Pilot is just as capable hauling my family around as it is hauling a trailer loaded down with a race car. Seriously can't say enough good things about our experience with the Honda Pilot

First Pilot

by Kevin from Naperville, IL on Wed Sep 24 2014

Bought my first Honda product - Pilot. Great SUV, great value. MPG is not as bad as what I heard. I can get 18-19 MPG local drive. Blue tooth and back-up camera work great.

Best SUV Ever!!!

by Cowgirl6685 from James Creek, PA on Sun Nov 02 2014

It's great for traveling with the family, with the 3 row seat. We got it for a great price also. It rides so smooth and it quiet, can't even tell its running. I love it, and the kids love it. There is some much room in it.

2015 Pilot last of a great design

by Pilot in PA from Downingtown, PA on Sun Mar 18 2018

I moved from a 2011 Pilot with over 200K miles to a 24k mile 2015 Pilot. The design and functionality of the Pilot is perfect. The Touring model is amazing with all of the built in features. Unfortunately 2016 Honda created a new body style that looks like all of the other mid size SUVs and may force me to look at something else when I need something next.

The Car we have been dreaming of.

by Marty from Tallapoosa Georgia on Wed Apr 22 2015

With the birth of our new grand babies, we needed third row seating and rear entertainment. The Pilot Touring was exactly what we dreamed of. The 5 star safety rating was vital also. We love our Honda Pilot.

We love this thing!!

by ColoradoSarah from Denver, CO on Sun Apr 01 2018

We had a second child last year, and figured out quickly two kids, two dogs, and two adults can’t go anywhere comfortably in our previous SUV. I wanted to purchase new, but I don’t like the new Pilot body style. It looks too much like a minivan, and I’m a Jeep girl. I love the boxy look of the 2011-2015 models. We found a loaded 2015, in excellent condition, low miles. Perfect vehicle for a family! Love it!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2015 Honda Pilot

Editor's note: This review was written in February 2014 about the 2014 Honda Pilot. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2015, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Back in the day, the Honda Pilot was the quintessential mom-mobile — and one of the few SUVs with three rows of seats that wasn't a Suburban. When my own brood outgrew our Subaru Outback about a decade ago, the Pilot was the first car that came to mind.

Faced with some stiff competition, the 2014 Honda Pilot hasn't evolved fast enough to keep up with the fleet, but Honda will redesign it soon.

The 2014 Pilot hasn't changed since last year's model. You... Read More