2000 Honda Prelude

The Best Handling for the Money

by from Lexington, Kentucky on August 9, 2008

I bought this car (Type SH) brand new in 2000. Changed the brakes at 90k miles in 2008, and that's the only major repair expense I've had. Preludes will be too small for you if over 6'1", however, what a fun car to drive. Even at 8 years old, the engine's high-end torque and the car's overall handling is amazing. Downshifting on the highway from 5th to 4th can give you another 25mph in less than 4 seconds. And handling? Everytime I see a yellow curvy sign I smile; the Type SH just eats up bends in the road--it feels as if the car leans INTO the turns!

excellent reliability

by from Michigan on January 14, 2007

I have had this car for over 6 years. By far the best value and quality. The tires had to be changed only after 84 thousand miles. The brakes were changed at 100 thousand miles. Unparalleled craftsmanship.

Best Value for the Money

by from Atlanta, Ga on July 4, 2007

Great car! Looks sporty and drives like a sports car. Lots of power. Very reliable. Great gas mileage. A real winner!

Pretty Diecent Car

by from Fargo,ND on October 20, 2006

I just bought my 2000 Honda Prelude Base 5-speed about 4 months ago. It runs pretty smooth. I enjoy driving it to work, and driving around with it also. I would consider it to be pretty reliable. I would recommend it to someone.

Japanese honda quality and reliability.

by from Adelanto, CA on August 25, 2017

It reminds me of my 91 honda cry but larger, more powerfully and drives like it's on rails. Close to the best car that i ever owned.

Uses car for Havingfun