2008 Ridgeline

2008 Honda Ridgeline

2008 Honda Ridgeline

Have You Driven the 2008 Honda Ridgeline?

hooked on honda

by ice mike from MERRILLVILLE INDIANA on Wed Apr 08 2009

Replaced grand cherokee with this vehicle, which so far has been the best truck i have ever owned (chevy,ford,gmc)great ride excellent handling very reliable.I will be a HONDA OWNER FOR LIFE!!!!

looked hard to find better

by waveydavey from Rexvillle, New York on Sat Nov 06 2010

Replaced an '02 Ford 150 XLT 4X4, sm V-8. No longer could afford upkeep. Cost of repairs, not covered by limited warentee exceeded the initial purchase price. After near 80K miles, and several long walks out of the woods I gave up. Tested many in class trucks. Setteled on the Honda. It's been 76K wonderful miles without a problem. Normal maintenance, yes. Reliabilty of this city truck has been very high. I use it rather hard. So far never once a problem. After test drives, settled on foreign manufacturer, hands down. Noise, ease of handling, appointments. Try a Honda Ridgeline RTL, nice indeed.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

The Perfect Truck

by LaxDriver from Orlando on Sat Jun 28 2008

This truck was meant for me. Being in High School and playing lacrosse, my equipment tends to get very smelly. With traditional trucks, you couldn't just leave all your gear in the trunk and expect it not to get stolen or get rained on without spending another grand for a trunk top. With the Honda Ridgeline, you don't have to worry about that. It comes standard with a waterproof lockable in-bed trunk which is perfect. The interior is hands down the best in the business and all the innovative features that are packed into this truck is truly remarkable. The ride is very smooth. Cons: When backing out, you really don't know how close you are to hitting a certain object. This can easily be fixed with the installation of the Rear Back-Up Sensors. The aux input is far away from the driver. Hopefully Honda will design a better place for the aux input, maybe in the center console like they did with the Honda Accord and maybe create a Hybrid Version of the Car which gets about 25 City/30 Highway

it works for me...

by cbr Jockey from Vancouver on Thu Nov 08 2007

I wanted a car that would do what an SUV, TRUCK, and Van could do....behold the Ridgeline. I think in time this truck will gain a large following...same as Toyota and Nissan. It will not however replace the domestics in workhorse requirements...but hey, I don't use mine for work...its a play vehicle for my bikes, motorcycles, and home renovations and gardening supplies...

Best all-around truck

by Rich from Columbus, Oh on Wed Nov 28 2007

This is a great truck for someone who wants a truck but does not need a traditional truck. I've owned my Ridgeline for two years and 28,000 miles later I am still completely happy with it. My opinion is, it's the ultimate SUT.

Simply the best

by Saints fan from Louisiana on Thu Jan 24 2008

Just go and test drive the truck and you'll see what I see. I don't need a truck for work so this truck is the best fit fo rme.

Traded 2010 v-6 Accord for a 2008 Ridgeline

by StevenWS from Marble Falls, Texas on Wed Feb 22 2017

Loved my Accord, but it couldn't make it to the deer camp. Looked and drove the Tacoma & Colorado. Both were very pricey, but neither could match the ride of the Honda. My Ridgeline was obviously taken care of, as I am the 3rd owner. Smoothest riding pickup I've ever driven & its 9 yrs old with 128k miles.

Great Drive and ride

by autolands best from Leafriver,IL on Mon Aug 27 2012

Great driver and ride quality suffers in fuel mileage DO NOT add a all terrain tire or your mileage will suffer I added a set of general grabber at 255/35/r17's to it and while it gets great gains in traction off road it will suffer fuel wise! I love the overall feel and ride quality could use more sound insulation for roads that need some work but overall great little truck. If your looking at Tacoma's like I was originally you will bed a lot happier with this it actually beats it in almost every category!

Built Tough

by Patron from Renton, WA on Mon Jan 09 2012

I did my fare amount of research when it came down to buying a truck or car. Probably about 2 years of research. I finally came to a decision on buying a truck over a car. Then I needed to narrow down what truck would work best for me and my family. I was looking mainly at Fords and Toyotas do to looks mainly. Then I discovered the Honda Ridgeline, truck that fits me and my family perfectly. The Honda Ridgeline is a true urban truck, meaning if there are smaller items 6' long or less and your family of 4 or 5 are headed to a certain place this truck is great. This truck is not designed for the general contractor who is hauling a kinds of drywall and lumber etc..., but for those folks who are looking at larger SUV's should be looking at this truck first. Honda should truly market this vehicle more. The only reason I discovered it was through patience and a ton of research.

It's a Honda...

by 1st time truckers from Belleville, IL on Mon Dec 03 2012

Got Ridgeline as have had great luck with Hondas before. Gas mileage OK for 4wd. Still trying to decide if I need running boards, as the step out is a little high. I did have electrical problems under dash like a few others have reported, a wiring harness going to heater blower melted at connector and had to be replaced at a cost of over 600 dollars. I am hoping it does not happen again. If you buy used, check heat and ac to make sure they function well. I just thought I was not operating it correctly at first, but when I checked owners manual I was doing it right but connection was bad.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2008 Honda Ridgeline

Whether it was by gut instinct or careful study into pickup truck owners and their habits, the Ridgeline's North American developers arrived at what is arguably the best execution of a pickup for an important type of buyer — those who have adopted the rural American workhorse as the latest alternative people-mover. If you're one of the folks who has cried that most people don't need SUVs, you're sure to be offended by this latest trend. I might agree. But it's my job to evaluate the vehicle on its own merits, and that's what I'll do.

The Ridgeline disproves the conjecture that Honda's first pickup truck would be little more than a Pilot sport utility vehicle notched and fitted with a... Read More