2008 Ridgeline

4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Excellent all around vehicle

by SoccerDad from Kansas on May 21, 2010

After driving a variety of sport utility and mid-size pickups over the years, this vehicle has turned out to be the best of all worlds. Initially, I wasn't fond of its looks, particularly from the side, but it's grown on me now. For my needs, it has been perfect. The AWD system has never left me stranded, regardless whether I'm on a snowy road or a muddy pasture, I have had no issues. With the abundance of storage inside the cab and the cool in-bed trunk, it has been a perfect vehicle for carting the kids to and from all of their sports. I used to have to take the chairs, sports equipment, luggage and fishing gear inside the truck if I had to stop on the way two or from my destination ... now they just go in the lockable trunk and they are out of sight and out of the weather. The interior is roomy enough that my kids don't feel squeezed in there, particularly in their car seats, and I can still fit it in my small garage. The ride is excellent and it's quiet. I have an RTX which has the goodies I need without the extras ... Most weekends, my wife's minivan sits in the garage and we take my Ridgeline.

hooked on honda

by ice mike from MERRILLVILLE INDIANA on April 8, 2009

Replaced grand cherokee with this vehicle, which so far has been the best truck i have ever owned (chevy,ford,gmc)great ride excellent handling very reliable.I will be a HONDA OWNER FOR LIFE!!!!

looked hard to find better

by waveydavey from Rexvillle, New York on November 6, 2010

Replaced an '02 Ford 150 XLT 4X4, sm V-8. No longer could afford upkeep. Cost of repairs, not covered by limited warentee exceeded the initial purchase price. After near 80K miles, and several long walks out of the woods I gave up. Tested many in class trucks. Setteled on the Honda. It's been 76K wonderful miles without a problem. Normal maintenance, yes. Reliabilty of this city truck has been very high. I use it rather hard. So far never once a problem. After test drives, settled on foreign manufacturer, hands down. Noise, ease of handling, appointments. Try a Honda Ridgeline RTL, nice indeed.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

The Perfect Truck

by LaxDriver from Orlando on June 28, 2008

This truck was meant for me. Being in High School and playing lacrosse, my equipment tends to get very smelly. With traditional trucks, you couldn't just leave all your gear in the trunk and expect it not to get stolen or get rained on without spending another grand for a trunk top. With the Honda Ridgeline, you don't have to worry about that. It comes standard with a waterproof lockable in-bed trunk which is perfect. The interior is hands down the best in the business and all the innovative features that are packed into this truck is truly remarkable. The ride is very smooth. Cons: When backing out, you really don't know how close you are to hitting a certain object. This can easily be fixed with the installation of the Rear Back-Up Sensors. The aux input is far away from the driver. Hopefully Honda will design a better place for the aux input, maybe in the center console like they did with the Honda Accord and maybe create a Hybrid Version of the Car which gets about 25 City/30 Highway

it works for me...

by cbr Jockey from Vancouver on November 8, 2007

I wanted a car that would do what an SUV, TRUCK, and Van could do....behold the Ridgeline. I think in time this truck will gain a large following...same as Toyota and Nissan. It will not however replace the domestics in workhorse requirements...but hey, I don't use mine for work...its a play vehicle for my bikes, motorcycles, and home renovations and gardening supplies...

Simply the best

by Saints fan from Louisiana on January 24, 2008

Just go and test drive the truck and you'll see what I see. I don't need a truck for work so this truck is the best fit fo rme.

Best all-around truck

by Rich from Columbus, Oh on November 28, 2007

This is a great truck for someone who wants a truck but does not need a traditional truck. I've owned my Ridgeline for two years and 28,000 miles later I am still completely happy with it. My opinion is, it's the ultimate SUT.

Traded 2010 v-6 Accord for a 2008 Ridgeline

by StevenWS from Marble Falls, Texas on February 22, 2017

Loved my Accord, but it couldn't make it to the deer camp. Looked and drove the Tacoma & Colorado. Both were very pricey, but neither could match the ride of the Honda. My Ridgeline was obviously taken care of, as I am the 3rd owner. Smoothest riding pickup I've ever driven & its 9 yrs old with 128k miles.

Great Drive and ride

by autolands best from Leafriver,IL on August 27, 2012

Great driver and ride quality suffers in fuel mileage DO NOT add a all terrain tire or your mileage will suffer I added a set of general grabber at 255/35/r17's to it and while it gets great gains in traction off road it will suffer fuel wise! I love the overall feel and ride quality could use more sound insulation for roads that need some work but overall great little truck. If your looking at Tacoma's like I was originally you will bed a lot happier with this it actually beats it in almost every category!

Built Tough

by Patron from Renton, WA on January 9, 2012

I did my fare amount of research when it came down to buying a truck or car. Probably about 2 years of research. I finally came to a decision on buying a truck over a car. Then I needed to narrow down what truck would work best for me and my family. I was looking mainly at Fords and Toyotas do to looks mainly. Then I discovered the Honda Ridgeline, truck that fits me and my family perfectly. The Honda Ridgeline is a true urban truck, meaning if there are smaller items 6' long or less and your family of 4 or 5 are headed to a certain place this truck is great. This truck is not designed for the general contractor who is hauling a kinds of drywall and lumber etc..., but for those folks who are looking at larger SUV's should be looking at this truck first. Honda should truly market this vehicle more. The only reason I discovered it was through patience and a ton of research.

1 2 3 4