2012 Ridgeline

2012 Honda Ridgeline

2012 Honda Ridgeline

5 out of 5 stars Performance

Have you driven the 2012 Honda Ridgeline?

My Favorite Vehicle

by Farm Manager from Iowa on Thu Mar 08 2012

I am a 67 YO Farm Manager, Health Care Professional, recently discharged Field Grade USAF Officer, and a pilot. I have had the good fortune to own and drive many vehicles since my first new vehicle, in 1964. In my opinion, the Honda Ridgeline Sport Model is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Sticker price 30 K. Compare this with the Chevy Avalance sticker price 54K. Yes the Honda is a little smaller but actually has more features. Yes the Chevy might be able to tow more. But our 2012 Honda Ridgeline Sport can tow 5,000 lb as is. Under the back seat is large enough for a large rifle gun case even with the seats down. Below the bed is a very large dry and lockable storage area. I haul diesel fuel and airplane fuel in the back and although the back open bed is not huge, it is more than large enough for most purposes. The Ridgeline is large enough for 5 full sized adults. I just can not say enough about this vehicle. Plenty of power, more than necessary. Unibody construction, so what. Comes standard with trailer hitch and I have towed a large flatbed farm trailer with heavy tractor, no problem. Ford F150 4 WD with back seat = 40K. I think the Honda rides better, and looks better. In regards to the Chevy Avalance, GM took tarp money, Honda did not, and the Honda is 85 % US made. I love this vehicle, plus it rides great and is suitable for our annual drive from Iowa to Colorado for Elk hunting.

The Honda Ridgeline

by Ridgelines Rock from Peralta, NM on Mon Jul 02 2012

I purchased a Used idgeline in 2011, to make sure it was the vehicle for me. And in June 2012, I made the leap to the 2012! It is the 'perfect' vehicle. Need a Car? but need an SUV? but need a Truck? and don't want 3 vehicles? It's the Honda Ridgeline! The comfort of a car, the seating and conversion ability of an SUV, and the bed of a truck! A truck with a TRUNK that is! The ride is wonderful. There are truck people out there that would bash the Honda - and rightfully so. It wont compete with a 350, althhough it will tow Very nicely, as long as you are not towing a house! And it is more luxurious and comfortable than a truck. and Storage?!!! A dream! The Ridgeline offers so much that people are not aware of. I am amazed that Honda treats it like an orphan. The advertise their other lines - but the Ridgelne seems to always be left out. That's good and bad. I enjoy having a vehicle that isn't every 3rd car on the road.. but bad, because not many people know what they are. If you are in the market for a vehicle, I would at least check it out. 2 bad comments are: The steering wheel is not telescopic, and the color choices are very limited. HONDA! If you read these comments...Get so HAPPY colors! or sell offer them unpainted! 3 variations of black, a blood red and a white? How about a Rich golden Mink brown (If you have to stay conservative), or a bright happy red, or Emerald green! The Ridgeline is Beautiful! Show it off! Don't dumb it down!

Great Pickup Choice For Every Day Driving

by 2012 Ridgeline Owner from Canton, Ohio on Sun Dec 09 2012

I wanted a pickup truck, but I also wanted the vehicle to be comfortable enough to drive around in every day. The ridgeline was the perfect choice. I was trying to decide which truck to buy, and there were a couple of good options I was considering. I have owned three Hondas, and Honda's reliability has been good. The final selling point for me was the lockable trunk. Yes, I said trunk. Others that own trucks tell me about how more comfortable my Ridgeline is than their trucks. It seats 5 adults comfortably. I know you can't haul a ton and a half of gravel with this truck, but seriously, how often does everyone need to haul this much. This is not a work truck, but I don't need a work truck, It's more of a "weekend warrior" truck. It is great for hunting. After being in the woods, I can just store all my hunting gear in the trunk when I head home. Oh, and then there is the tailgate. The tailgte not onle opens down like a normal tailgate, but you have the option to swing it open and give you more flexibility for loading items in the bed. Great feature. I generaly drive 12,000 - 15,000 miles per year. However, I like the Ridgeline so much that I put 3000 miles on it in the first month. It is a fun vehicle to drive. The reason I rated the performance a 4 is because I am disappinted un the turning radius. Gas mileage is a just little better than what is advertised, so I am pleased with that. When I hauled a Christmas tree in a box, I got my best 24.9 mpg all highway. I'll take that any time. I am looking to by a Retrax or similar cover for the bed to give me that extra mpg on the highwqay. I started out my journey looking for a used Ridgeline, so I learned which accessories I needed as I looked at them. Add-ons for my new Ridgeline included the rear splash guards, the hood deflector, and running boards.

great vehicle

by jim from central florida on Wed Jun 20 2012

Traded a 2010 nissan titan crew cab 4x4 for this ridgeline. So far the ridgeline does everything the titan did I do not miss the low range never used it. I live on a 4 mile dirt road to my house, much better ride on the dirt road. tows a 2600 lb. pop up camper with no problem. 21 mph highway at 75 mph. 17 with camper.

Great choice for a light use pickup

by Chuckadv from Cincinnati, OH on Wed Nov 14 2012

I wanted the convenience and capabilities of a pickup, but also wanted a comfortable vehicle to use for every day driving. The Ridgeline is terrific for comfort, compared with any other pickup I tested. My wife's comment was...it rides like our daughter's Oddysey, which I think is spot on. This is not the truck for construction sites, but rather for hauling the kid's things back to school, carrying large bulky items, and then being able to drive four guys with golf clubs and luggage in comfort on a long trip. As an example, right after I bought it, I drove 500 miles each way on a trip in two days....I have a bad back...this truck was really comfortable, and my back was fine after all those hours on the road. I checked five stars for reliability because you had to make some entry...I've only got 2500 miles on the truck...but it is our seventh Honda company vehicle, and that rating reflects our experience with all of them starting in 1986 with an Accord. The four stars for performance reflects my feeling that I'd like more zip from zero to 50...I also am a little disappointed in the gas mileage...but having said that, I have gone from driving a Mercedes E 350 as my daily driver and now am quite happy to use the truck all the time except if I have an important business event to attend.

Great Truck

by Accountant/Hunter/Fisherman from Louisville, KY on Sat Oct 05 2013

I have driven and owned just about every type of truck there is including Ford, Jeep, Dodge, Chevrolet, and now Honda. This Honda truck is by far the most comfortable and practical of them all. I get better gas mileage (not great, but better than the others), can fit the truck in my garage, and best of all, have that great Honda reliability. I didn't think the in bed trunk was such a great feature but after using it on trips to home depot and Kroger, I can say it is really nice not to have groceries and home supplies rolling around in the bed of the trunk. This truck won't compete with the others off road, but it does just fine for my weekend hunting and fishing trips. Best of all, I spent about $10,000 less than I would have for an F-150 that has leather and sunroof.

Great truck for the price!

by Big Kev from Cedar Rapids, IA on Mon Feb 27 2012

I purchased the new "Sport" model. I like everything about the vehicle. It rides very much like a car but has plenty of room and feel of a truck. Would highly recommend.

Can't get enough

by Bear from San Juan Capistrano, CA on Sun Dec 02 2012

I cant get enough of my new Ridgeline RTL. My wife took it to our desert house, 2 miles on dirt road, this weekend and left me with the Mercedes. The Ridgeline has been wonderful so far and the last time I checked mileage I am getting 19 mpg, better than my trade in Jeep Cherokee. I never thought I would own a truck but we needed 4wd, standard, for more confidence when driving off road and possible mud when in the desert. The truck is more comfortable than our Mercedes. The storage very adequate. The door-like tail gate is perfect for unloading. I will be adding the tonneau cover for optimum hauling versatility. I am a art/design instructor and have always been attracted to the styling. I agree with the previous writer about Honda's lack of promotion for this vehicle (my brother-in-law did not even know Honda made a truck) Not a black sheep whatsoever but the perfect all around transportation.

Amazing!

by RTL2012 from Columbus, Ohio on Mon May 04 2015

Bought this truck in early April. I have always wanted one since they first came out. I know this is not your typical truck. I didn't want a typical truck. I call this the perfect family truck. Took this to Tennessee five days after I bought it. Did amazing on the road. Average gas MPG 19.7. In bed trunk is a life saver. I got the fully loaded version, RTL. I plan on keeping this truck until it doesn't run anymore! Honda killed it on every aspect of this amazing TRUCK!

Best Truck

by Happy Ridgeline Owner from Middletown, NY on Thu Jul 05 2012

Not only is this truck nice looking and fun to drive, but the trunk that Honda has hidden in the bed of the truck, makes this the most functional truck on the road!

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2012 Honda Ridgeline

The 2012 Honda Ridgeline is a sensible choice as a personal or lifestyle pickup, but if your character is defined by a classic-truck image, then it may be a risky choice.

To be perfectly clear, the Ridgeline is not a truck for tradesmen with demanding towing or payload requirements. It is, however, a comfortable utility vehicle with an excellent ride that is suited to commuters, soccer dads and other less rigorous customer bases that simply want the added convenience of a modest-sized open cargo bed.

Since the Ridgeline is classified as a pickup, it invariably draws comparisons to all popular compact and full-size pickups. And, invariably, traditional truck owners crucify the Ridgeline's rather obvious... Read More