2012 Honda Ridgeline

Great versatal truck

by from Athol MA on May 6, 2017

The no rust composite material truck bed. The locking trunk under the truck bed And of coarse Honda's reliability

Great Truck! Glad I bought a Ridgeline RTL

by from Ashburn, VA on October 6, 2015

First off, I'm not a truck guy as I love my small sports cars. I bought the Ridgeline more out of need as I do have some hauling needs for stuff that I sometimes don't want to put in my wife's SUV. I didn't want a truck that drives and turns like a truck and wanted something that my wife could drive relatively easier as well. The Ridgeline was perfect. It drives enough like a car, but has a lot of utility: big enough bed, plus the trunk, and well laid out "Honda" interior. The truck is solidly built and handles well enough. City MPG could be better (getting about 16mpg) but it's not bad since I do a mix of city and hwy driving. What's funny is that newer trucks now want to drive and have interiors more like cars. (LOL! and Honda got it right on the first try) I drove a couple friends new F150 (w/aluminum body) and a Chevy Silverado before I bought my car. And although they were nice inside, both interiors were still not as functional as my older (by 3 yrs) Ridgeline and they still needed 5 pt turns to get out of tight spaces. i couldn't stand it. I only rated performance as 4 stars since I would like more power, but I can say from how I've been driving it, I really don't "need" it. The engine has enough power/torque to get going in a hurry when I want. I know styling can be an issue to some (like me in when I first saw it), but the exterior has grown on me since I've added a few accessories, like running boards and some exterior trim pieces. A roof rack would also make the stance look better but I'm going to hold off until I actually have a need for it. As for a used car purchase, since most Ridgelines were not used as a "work" trunk, clean/un-abused examples were easy to find. Since I've only had the vehicle for a month, the only reliability perspective I can offer is this: I asked my cousin, whose been a Honda Technician at the same dealer for almost 30 years, about the Ridgeline and he said that it is Honda's most reliable vehicle and that they rarely come in for problems. For my pessimistic cousin to say that to me, was all I needed to hear about it's reliability. Overall, I think the 2012 Ridgline RTL is a GREAT vehicle with a lot of utility for the light truck user.

Amazing!

by from Columbus, Ohio on May 4, 2015

Bought this truck in early April. I have always wanted one since they first came out. I know this is not your typical truck. I didn't want a typical truck. I call this the perfect family truck. Took this to Tennessee five days after I bought it. Did amazing on the road. Average gas MPG 19.7. In bed trunk is a life saver. I got the fully loaded version, RTL. I plan on keeping this truck until it doesn't run anymore! Honda killed it on every aspect of this amazing TRUCK!

Great Truck

by from Louisville, KY on October 5, 2013

I have driven and owned just about every type of truck there is including Ford, Jeep, Dodge, Chevrolet, and now Honda. This Honda truck is by far the most comfortable and practical of them all. I get better gas mileage (not great, but better than the others), can fit the truck in my garage, and best of all, have that great Honda reliability. I didn't think the in bed trunk was such a great feature but after using it on trips to home depot and Kroger, I can say it is really nice not to have groceries and home supplies rolling around in the bed of the trunk. This truck won't compete with the others off road, but it does just fine for my weekend hunting and fishing trips. Best of all, I spent about $10,000 less than I would have for an F-150 that has leather and sunroof.

Truck for everyday

by from Reno, NV on September 13, 2013

This truck is rugged, but at the same time it is reliable and comfortable for every day driving. If you are needing to haul things 5000 pounds and under and need the versatility of a truck that can do a multitude of functions, this truck is for you. It's a midsize truck so it's not huge if you are a big construction or some kind of business you need a full size truck. I love this truck because it's good on gas, affordable overall, and drives like an SUV for my daily use. I can also quickly hook up and go with my horse trailer and bounce around to rodeo's on weekends! It is perfect. The only complaint is that there are no bluetooth options on any model except the High end luxury model RTL. That's a bummer in this day and age with most everyone using a smart phone and being restricted by law to use it with our hands, bluetooth is a must. Get with it Honda everyone should be able to integrate this into the stereo system even on the base line models without much cost increase to the vehicle!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

2012 Honda Ridgeline

by from Charlotte, NC on September 3, 2013

Purchased a used 2012 with 8000 miles fully loaded. Beautiful in BLACK. This is an utility vehicle and the 4-wheel is awesome. I put 140k on a 2007 and had absolutely no problems. The rear under-bed trunk is a lifesaver.

First impressions

by from Iowa on February 25, 2013

Bought the new 2012 RTL three weeks ago. Surprises? Yes, all pleasant. The cabin is large. Four adults easily ride in comfort.

Great travel truck

by from Kansas on December 31, 2012

Quiet, dependable, safe Great for a travel vehicle Great for a hunting/fishing vehicle Roomy enough to haul people on trips

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great Pickup Choice For Every Day Driving

by from Canton, Ohio on December 9, 2012

I wanted a pickup truck, but I also wanted the vehicle to be comfortable enough to drive around in every day. The ridgeline was the perfect choice. I was trying to decide which truck to buy, and there were a couple of good options I was considering. I have owned three Hondas, and Honda's reliability has been good. The final selling point for me was the lockable trunk. Yes, I said trunk. Others that own trucks tell me about how more comfortable my Ridgeline is than their trucks. It seats 5 adults comfortably. I know you can't haul a ton and a half of gravel with this truck, but seriously, how often does everyone need to haul this much. This is not a work truck, but I don't need a work truck, It's more of a "weekend warrior" truck. It is great for hunting. After being in the woods, I can just store all my hunting gear in the trunk when I head home. Oh, and then there is the tailgate. The tailgte not onle opens down like a normal tailgate, but you have the option to swing it open and give you more flexibility for loading items in the bed. Great feature. I generaly drive 12,000 - 15,000 miles per year. However, I like the Ridgeline so much that I put 3000 miles on it in the first month. It is a fun vehicle to drive. The reason I rated the performance a 4 is because I am disappinted un the turning radius. Gas mileage is a just little better than what is advertised, so I am pleased with that. When I hauled a Christmas tree in a box, I got my best 24.9 mpg all highway. I'll take that any time. I am looking to by a Retrax or similar cover for the bed to give me that extra mpg on the highwqay. I started out my journey looking for a used Ridgeline, so I learned which accessories I needed as I looked at them. Add-ons for my new Ridgeline included the rear splash guards, the hood deflector, and running boards.

Can't get enough

by from San Juan Capistrano, CA on December 2, 2012

I cant get enough of my new Ridgeline RTL. My wife took it to our desert house, 2 miles on dirt road, this weekend and left me with the Mercedes. The Ridgeline has been wonderful so far and the last time I checked mileage I am getting 19 mpg, better than my trade in Jeep Cherokee. I never thought I would own a truck but we needed 4wd, standard, for more confidence when driving off road and possible mud when in the desert. The truck is more comfortable than our Mercedes. The storage very adequate. The door-like tail gate is perfect for unloading. I will be adding the tonneau cover for optimum hauling versatility. I am a art/design instructor and have always been attracted to the styling. I agree with the previous writer about Honda's lack of promotion for this vehicle (my brother-in-law did not even know Honda made a truck) Not a black sheep whatsoever but the perfect all around transportation.

Our Expert Review: 2012 Honda Ridgeline