2006 H3

4.4 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.3 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

GREAT OFF-ROAD, after-market add-on increased MPG!

by Hummer Convert from WA on February 8, 2007

The Hummer H3 is more than dependable, and is great for off-road use. The fuel economy can be greatly increased by simply adding an after-market vortex to the intake system. The one I purchased cost less than $300, and took less than an hour to install. Now the H3 is getting 22mpg in town, and between 28 and 29mpg on the highway. I'm happy with this vehicle. Acceleration is slow, but I'm almost 50 and my own acceleration is a bit slow. All in all, I recommend the H3 for anyone who wants the benefits of a Hummer, a good off-road rig, or just a nice all around multi-purpose vehicle.

Nice SUV

by Ray from Reading, PA on April 16, 2009

Was looking for a Wrangler Unlimited, then drove an H3 and instantly changed my mind. The H3 drives like a luxury car, very comfortable and roomy, handles very well. Gas mileage is better then a jeep, ( I get around 18mg )its a little slow out of the gate but once your moving you cruise at 65mph @2000RPM.

love!

by liznew3238 from monroe, LA on October 3, 2011

I have had a fully loaded H3 for 2 years now. Best vehicle ever. Super safe and fun to drive. It lacks a little power but it is a tank...what do you expect?

Love it...

by H3 from houston tx on August 18, 2016

Just got an '06 H3. Yellow. Blk inside. 164K miles. Owned by a person who kept it almost showroom perfect. Always wanted one of these and believe I got Really lucky on this deal for what I paid. So far ? No probs. Haven't done any off road yet but have zero fear about trying this thing almost anywhere. Actually, really don't want to bang it up. Just too perfect. Have a '90 4 Runner that I taken through alot. Another Great vehicle. This thing is just like other reviews. Way plush. Way solid. Not concerned about alot of power. It goes just fine on the highway. In 4 Low.. ? I'm sure it will dig out of almost anything. No complaints at all yet. Very cool machine. Great Audio system. It's pretty much Loaded. And really.. People think it's NEW.. Very lucky deal.. Maybe I'll keep this thing for awhile.. Ha, Ha.. NO doubt.

Best and most fun car ever

by Mojo from Houghton Lake, MI on April 26, 2011

we absolutely love our Hummer H3 and highly recommend it. The styling is great as well as the comfort. The gas mileage is fantastic and gets much better milage than our pickup and our suburban by far. I would not trade it for a brand new vehicle unless it was exactly like the one we have! Love love love it!

LOVE THIS VEHICLE

by Coordinatorinpink from East Lyme, CT on April 23, 2009

Recently purchased this vehicle used and love it. Handles well, very comfortable, and I love the style. Some of the draw backs are low vision field out the rear window, some noise when windy and on the highway, and slow acceleration. The side mirrors make up for the loss of vision out the rear window but is difficult to tow as ou can't really see where you're moving the towed item out the back or side. Overall I would recommend this vehicle..you'll love it!

Most fun vehicle since the Wranglers

by T L from Simpsonville, SC on May 1, 2012

I love the truck. I would like to see a return of Hummers to the marketplace. I will keep it a long long time

I LOVE my H3!

by SUV lover... from Palm Springs, Ca. on June 8, 2012

I always wanted one of these...I was afraid to take the leap when they first came out and was going to settle for a Jeep, a very good vehicle and a lookalike. But every time I saw one of these babies in traffic my heart raced. I finally got one and I LOVE it. LOVE it!! Great ride, gas is no big deal. It has a much better grasp of the road than did my Trooper or Explorer. It is capable, feels safe, handles speed easily , and feels and looks like luxury. Grab this baby...you won't be sorry....it's a classic!!

ALL AROUND GREAT FUN SUV ON OR OFF ROAD

by BAJAEXPLORER from SAN DIEGO on June 4, 2012

I HAVE DONE A FEW THINGS TO MAKE BETTER OFF-ROAD WORTHY.I LIFTED TO PUT ON BFG 35"S-BILSTEIN 5100 WITH SKIDS-ROCK RAILS-FRONT BUSH GUARD-KC LIGHTS-MUD FLAPS-LARGE ROOF RACK.I HAVE DONE ABOUT 4000 MILES OFF-ROAD IN BAJA-MOJAVE-AND DEATH VALLEY.THIS H-3 WILL GO ANYWHERE A JEEP WILL GOOD IN ALOT MORE COMFORT.I KNOW BECAUSE I BELONG TO A BAJA OFF-ROAD CLUB OF JEEPS.I AM GOING TO SELL MINE AND GET A 2010 WITH V-8.BRING BACK THE H-3

Uses car for Off-roading

BUYER BEWARE

by L.C. from LONGVIEW TX on July 23, 2017

I LOVE HUMMERS. HOWEVER, HUMMERS H3 SHOULD THOROUGHLY BE EXAMINED BY 3RD PARTY INSPECTOR. HAD A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS MODEL, MAKE SURE TO LOOK AT SUNROOF TO MAKE SURE THERE IS NO DRAINAGE PROBLEM, COSTLY ,YOU ONLY KNOW WHEN IT RAINS OR WHEN LOOKING FOR THIS IN ADVANCE, BOUGHT ONE A MONTH AGO AND IT HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP EVERY WEEK, COSTING OVER $2K IN REPAIRS. DON'T TAKE DEALERS WORD, DO YOUR HOMEWORK PEOPLE. LEARN FROM ME

1 2 3 4 5 6 7