2006 Accent

3.8

Have you driven the 2006 Hyundai Accent?

I love my Hyundai Accent

by Trusted Owner from British Columbia, Canada on Thu May 10 2018

I've owned my Hyundai Accent for over 11 years. I have found it to be a great little car. Super acceleration, good sight-lines, solid car. I highly recommend it.

by FLEXY from Nigeria on Tue Aug 04 2015

Got the car in 2006 and vehicle has been fantastic but unfortunately, Hyuandai don't use quality materials. All my life, i have never heard that Camba Beam breaks in a vehicle and i saw that in my Accent. Hyuandai used cast instead of iron and the Beam breaks any how when used on rough road. In year 2006 when other manufacturers have advanced in technology, Hyuandai were still using Cassett player in this model, it's so sad and I will not buy another car from this manufacturer.

An Excellent Car

by racecar from on Wed Sep 09 2009

Hyundai Accent is an excellent bargain car well worth its price. Its reliable, smart and has enough features to give you a comfortable drive.

not even good for the money

by Haha hyundai from Mebane, NC on Sat Dec 14 2013

Bought this car because of the price and because I assumed it got great gas mileage. The gas mileage is not nearly as good as it claims to be, I assume to the fact that the cars engine lacks any amount of power and has to nearly redline to get anywhere. Everything in the car feels cheap because it is of course. Brake switch malfunctioned within a year. if you are looking to for a nice looking car and this is definitely not the car for you, sometimes I am embarrassed to even be seen in it. A/C has an awful smell when turned on even after replacing the in cabin air filter. I have the hatchback version of this car and have found that while driving a have a huge blind spot and while driving. and putting my seatbelt on requires me to nearly dislocate my shoulder because it Is so far behind the seat. The battery on this car is the biggest problem on this car and has actually caused me to stall out on the road before (cheap connectors to battery nipples) I can say they did a great job of organizing the engine compartment, not very many exposed wires and stuff. I would not recommend this car to anyone simply because you can buy a used car that is much more reliable and more fun to drive than this car. So basically a low mileage used car would be a better choice than this car.

Does not recommend this car!!

Would not buy this car again

by worried about her daughter driving this car mom from Mobile, AL on Sat Oct 03 2009

Due to the malfunctioning brake light switch that Hyundai finally recalled a few months ago, my daughter was left stranded waiting on a jump for her battery 7 or 8 times. This draining of the battery caused us to have to replace the battery at our own expense since Hyundai was not admitting to any problems with the brake switch. We do still have the car and have had the recall work done and have not had problems since, but no way would I buy another Hyundai product.

best sheap new car ever

by Ameno from on Sun Jul 19 2009

you can get brand new car with reliable amount of money.i reach 185 km/h. full tank give me 400km distance.

More than my money's worth.

by bernette from vero beach, florida on Thu Apr 02 2015

In short, a friend sold me a 2006 hyundai accent with a TON of miles on it (200,000) at a bargain price in 2013. It's got 220,000 on it now and going strong. gets me to work every day. No pizzazz just A-B reliably.

Excellent, deal on the prices, I saved over 2K

by scotty b from seattle, wa on Sat Sep 16 2006

Beautiful styling, and packed with value. ABS Standard on my 2006 and 6 airbags, alloy wheels, alarm, cd, 15" tires, all out the door for 13k, the best value any where, I truly love it

by Brandon from Hot Springs, Ar on Wed Jul 15 2009

I own a 2006 Accent and I have to say that it was the worst investment of my life. Right at the end of the warranty the car starts falling apart. From the sway bar link and bushings to the a/c switch shorting out. If i was you I would never consider buying one. Also the timing belt is almost guaranteed to break at 70000 miles. just 10000 past the end of the warranty. If you own one and your front end is rattling you might want to get it checked.

Problem from the start.

by NeveraHyundai again from Maryland on Wed Nov 29 2006

I purchased a "new" 2006 Accent, what a mistake. The passenger door panel keeps peeling and has been replaced twice! The transmission is a 5 speed and has problems shifting into reverse, 1st and 2nd! Two dealers later and the problems still exist. This car has only 4000 miles on it now and I've owned it for 8 mounths. It has never come near the mileage claims, city 22mpg and highway 27 mpg at most with a strong wind behind it! I'm not keeping this car as the warranty will be needed constantly. Now I see why they offer such a great warranty. Also it's supposed to be quite at speed, not at 60 mpg +! The engine is quit loud at these speeds in 5th gear. Sorry but I'll never buy another Hyundai.

1 2

Our Take on the 2006 Hyundai Accent

Sometimes, you just want a basic car ... one that has four wheels, runs consistently and does not cost an arm and a leg. The 2006 Hyundai Accent GLS sedan meets those standards, and then some.

A recent, weeklong test of the GLS compact took me down memory lane, where I asked myself, "Why didn't I have a nice, new car like this when I was young, instead of that rusting hulk of an ancient sedan I drove off to college?"

The short answer is: I was a dunce.

Happily, today's youth have much more on the ball and would be smart to consider the Accent GLS as a first new-car purchase. The Accent also shapes up as a second household car when the big family sedan or sport-utility vehicle are parked in the garage... Read More