2009 Hyundai Elantra

Comfortable Compact Car

by from Minneapolis, MN on June 2, 2009

The Elantra SE is a great car. It is wisher quiet at a stop sign and rides very smooth for a car of its size. It is the roomiest "small" car I have ever been in. I average 33 mpg. The worst I have ever had was 27 mpg in winter and best was 39 mpg on a long trip. The driving experience is good, it's not a sports car, but I have never not had enough pep. It is a wonderful value, great construction, good interior design and thousands less than a civic or corolla. Overall I have loved this car and would recommend it to anyone.

Almost 2 weeks wil our 2009 GLS

by from Philadelphia on September 29, 2009

Actually went to the dealer looking for a used car but we test drove this car and were really impressed. The gas mileage is outstanding as well as the trunk space. XM satellite radio is cool as well as the Ipod interface (must puchase the cable from the dealer). All and all it's a great car!!!!

A little bit of everything we needed in a car.

by from Erie, pa on October 17, 2011

Purchased our 2009 Elantra in the same year and haven't looked back since. Great gas milage. Comfortable to drive. Comes with all the perks for less money. Had one issue at 20k miles, transmission seal started leaking, (probably caused by one of the huge potholes around town I hit) the dealership nearby happily installed a brand new transmission and it only took them a few hours at most to replace it. I love when replacing a tranny is more cost effective than replacing one of its seals alone. All in all, my family is very happy with our Hyundai Elantra. Over the years my immediate family has owned around 5-6 Hyundais total. Perfect car for anyone concerned about value for your money and reliability.

Love it

by from Washington State on September 21, 2010

This is the 3rd Hyundai I've owned and the 2nd Elantra. It is the most dependable and low maintenance car I have ever owned. I recently traded a 2008 Accent for the 2009 Elantra only because it had a manual transmission and I prefer an automatic. It is comfortable on long trips and gets great mileage. I expect to trade this one for another Hyundai when the time comes. They are a great value for the price and hold up well.

Great Little Car

by from Nashville, Tn. on August 5, 2009

I purchased a Elantra SE. I have owned it for approx 6 months now. The only problem I have had is when the dealer installed the sun roof wind deflector they cracked it at one of the mounting screws. They replaced it in 3 days.I use it on the highway approx 70% of the time. The trip computer says that in the 21,000 miles I have driven I have averaged 30.6 MPG.The Leather seats are very comfortable. The car fits a 6'4" driver well. The air works good.

most reliable car ever

by from brooklyn ny on September 10, 2010

this car is amazing the reiablity is unbelievable i had the car for a year and a half and it runs perfectly with no problems

Very reliable and efficient car!

by from Arkansas on December 24, 2011

We helped our daughter get a '09 Elantra while she was in nursing school. We bought it new and have been VERY pleased with it. She has put lots of miles on it commuting to and from school. Now she's a R.N., married and 60,00 miles later we are buying the car off of her. Great gas mileage, (between 35-38 on the hwy) dependable, comfortable, great warranty and nice looking for a nice price. Pleased and satisfied is an understatement!

Very Nice Car

by from on September 24, 2013

I just recently bought an Elantra, and haven't been disappointed yet. It's a very nice car. I has a smaller engine and gas tank then other cars, but I'm usually paying between 40 and 50 dollars for a full tank of gas. It's a very good car. I was lucky to have leather seats with my Elantra, but everyone is seated with comfort.

Happy to be back in a Hyundai

by from on December 10, 2012

The Elantra is a good car. I am very pleased with this purchase. Plus, gotta love those Hyundai warranties.

Great car

by from Norfolk VA on April 2, 2017

I have had my car since 2009 it runs great. I have out miles and it's like new. Love my car Recommen this car