2010 Elantra

2010 Hyundai Elantra

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design
4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2010 Hyundai Elantra?

Used and loving it

by Older Dad with to many cars from Chicago on Mon Apr 04 2011

I just bought my black Elantra SE used with 11,000 miles in Chicago and drove it to NY, MA, and RI and back to Chicago within the last week. Here are my impressions: With 4 people and 4 suitcases, gas mileage was 30.9 MPG for mostly interstate highway driving at 70-75 MPH. The car did not have trouble merging onto the highway even with all the weight in the car. Likes: Love the fabric on seats. The seats seem a tad longer than my Ford Fusion so after 8 hours of driving, my legs feel fine. In my Fusion, my legs seem to hurt after 6 hours of driving due to the short nature of the seat. Love the cup holder in the driver's door Love the interior backlit color for the clock and instrument panel Love the satellite radio and USB hookup Road noise was minimal but you definitely hear the tires when pavement changes. Steering wheel radio volume and station controls are worth it. Steering wheel cruise control is good as well. Variable intermittent wipers are very nice Keys do not contain any computer chips so you pay $2 and get a second one made unlike the Fusion which is $100 to get a second one made. Mine has a closed cover compartment on top of the dashboard to hide a gps in when its not in use Trunk space was able to hold 4 large suitcases and a sleeping bag Seats can be manually raised which my wife loves. Dislikes SE has a sport suspension which means you will feel every bump bigger than a pencil Bumpy roads were tough to take throughout the trip. You really need to drive on bumpy roads in your test drive to understand this. The GLS has a normal suspension which is more to what I am used to but I wanted all the other features the SE provides. No rear windshield wiper on mine. At fast speeds, this is not an issue but in the city, it is. Engine seems to rev very low at 35-40 miles per hour. I wish it had the ability to manually shift like the Sonota does for this very occasion. No car mats - I ended up buying black ones at target that match very well Only driver side has the single door lock for the manual key. I bought this for a commuter car and am happy with it. I regret not getting the heated seats and the heated mirrors.

Da da da da da Im lovin it

by Nuckin Futta from Gales Ferry, CT on Mon Aug 02 2010

I just bought this car yesterday, and after being really unsure about even test driving it I was totally sold on it. It has all the features I need and more on top. I just needed a basic car, after test driving a Mazda 3 I reluctantly tried this, WAYYY better than the Mazda, and loads more options for only a few hundred more on the price tag. It has great handling is very smooth, I bought a manual as thats what I prefer. So quiet and very roomy in back as well as front. I would definately reccomend this car to anyone who wants a good deal with an excellent warranty. I used to say if something is too good to be true it usually is, not in this case. Im loving it!

Good deal

by Jay from Rochester, NY on Wed Jun 09 2010

I've had my Elantra for only three months, so my pleasure is contingent on future reliability, but so far this car has been all that I hoped for. One of the rare Hyundai's available with less than 100k, I still have some coverage, which might be handy given my broken hatchback lever. Let's see if such things are covered. Something quietly rattles in the dash during humid weather, but fortunately a fine CD player drowns that out. I've had no trouble beyond that, but would like to see better MPGs than the 22-32 I get, which is only 4 better than the 1994 Taurus I traded for it. Great pick for those of us whose identity rests on education and character rather than an impressive car...and it's fun to drive.

Totally Reliable Car

by Hyundai Repeater from New Brunswick, NJ on Fri Nov 27 2015

On November 24, 2015, I purchased my second Hyuandai Elantra as the first one I had for 16 years and totally loved it. Other than general maintenance, i.e. tires, brakes, tune ups, that car was totally reliable. Hence, the reason for my second Hyuandai Elantra. . . a car you can depend on.

$99/month Lease Cannot Be Beat!

by Mountain Mama from Mountains on Fri Dec 03 2010

Even the title guy at the dealership was impressed with cost. The lease deal is only good for the Elanta Blue model, which does not have air or stereo and only comes in 5 speed. I live in the mountains, so the air isn't a necessity for me. I purchased a 12V power converter ($20) with a USB and power outlet, so I plug in speakers ($40)and my MP3, so the stereo is no problem either. As for the 5 speed, well that's the only way to drive! I traded up from a 1994 Mazda Protege 5 speed that my husband and I combined beat into the ground. It literally fell apart. We needed another little zoom zoom car that would get us through mountain roads and scenic drives. The new Mazdas seem a bit overpriced for added bells and whistles. I wanted something straight forward and comfortable. The Huyndai Elantra handles the curves on the mountain roads wonderfully. The gas mileage is amazing. It is very comfortable as well - front seats are roomy, and the heater (which, now that it is winter, DOES mean a lot to me) cranks up automatically in the mornings. So far I haven't tested the tires on snow, but on ice the car handled very well. I feel completely safe with the surround air bags, and low profile. There's a ton of storage space in the front compartment, and one of the back seats fully reclines to allow for space to carry long items from the hardware store in the trunk. I never expected to get such a nice ride for less than a two-hundred bucks, let alone a hundred. If you are looking for a good deal that is safe and gas-wise, this is a deal that can't be beat!

Great car

by Golfer from Northern Virginia on Sat Oct 23 2010

Comfortable,reliable(1 minor warranty repair in 12000 miles),economical(30 mpg in mixed driving).Exceptional value in Elantra SE model.

Most problematic car Ever, but fabulous warranty,.

by Pdyuma from Yuma, Az on Mon Aug 07 2017

This car has needed the most work of any service ve ever owned; thankfully it had an xcellent warranty...it was totally necessary to use it several times. The AC is great at lowering the temperature to the front; It's very miserable for passengers in the back. The steering wheel adjusts so minimally that it's almost worthless. I had the tranny replaced within 10,000 miles, engine gasket was defective so the engine was rebuilt after 75,000 mi. The lights clouded up within two years, had to have them refinished and the light bulbs replaced as well. CD player has never worked very well but I plug my tablet in to the AUX. and the speakers make it sound great! XM radio is nice to have. Battery lasted one year, replaced that. There is a lumbar adj. in the seat but it did not correct the 'bent back' effect the seat gives the driver. I bought a special cushion, that solved most of the problem with the seat, the seats are a bit better than Toyota.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great car for the price!!

by GC Music from South Saint Paul, MN on Fri Apr 18 2014

I've had my Elantra for about 2-1/2 years now and absolutely love it! It's not the fanciest or fastest car in the world, but that's not what it's suppose to be. It's a great economy car that is very reliable - I haven't had to do anything than regular maintenance on it. It gets great gas mileage - I average about 30-35 mpg depending on the time of year... and no, I don't drive like a grandma to get better mileage. I use all 138hp that the little beast has to offer. The suspension, as others have stated, is not the most forgiving and sometimes feels a bit stiff; but, I do live in Minnesota after all, and it is a tough climate on cars... Along with all the potholes. Overall, I couldn't be happier with it and will very likely buy another Hyundai in the future! Oh, and did I mention that my dad also has an Elantra and has had the same experience? If you're looking for a reliable car that gets great mileage, look no further... get your @$$ to a Hyundai dealership!

Great Buy

by Good Customer from New Bedford Ma on Sun Jul 20 2014

This was my first visit to Prestige Auto Mart.I had seen their ads in newspapers and their radio spots are great. My salesperson (Todd S.)ask me a few questions about what of a car like and how much I could afford. One of cars I tried was a 2010 Hyundai Elandra, the car was very clean inside and out it also ran great the front and back seats were so comfortable. After I bought it Prestige did a 31 point inspection and threw on 4 new tires......David C west New Bedford Ma

Simple dependability for the $$

by Blue Elantra from Boston,MA on Wed Sep 16 2015

We have had our 2010 Elantra for 2 years now and have put over 30,000 additional miles on it. It has been a very reliable, dependable car. Very roomy on the inside, and decent enough on gas even though the newer designs are more efficient. It does lack a little punch on the acceleration side, it feels like the gas pedal is a bit heavy and really needs a kick to get going. But it moves with a bit of effort. I like the simplistic design, sometimes the simple ones last longer! Very happy...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2010 Hyundai Elantra

There are a lot of new compact cars on the market these days, including the Kia Forte and redesigned Mazda3. Others, like the Honda Civic and Hyundai Elantra, are aging gracefully.

The Elantra is one of the least expensive compacts out there, especially with the seemingly nonstop incentives available on this model. Now, for the first time, the company is offering a bare-bones model, dubbed Elantra Blue, that also gets the best mileage of the lineup: 35 mpg on the highway.

It's an alluring concept for cost-conscious shoppers, but because of the Blue's sparse features and the cost of adding just a few essentials, shoppers should take a close look at the real value of such a... Read More