2011 Genesis Coupe

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

4.5

Have You Driven the 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe?

A very wise choice

by Coupeman from MA on Mon Oct 31 2011

I have been wanting a new car for two years. I am not impulsive. I could not decide between an SUV or maybe something exciting. I decided on exciting. I spent over a year (seriously) evaluating Honda, Nissan, Chevy and did not even consider Hyundai. After researching and test driving them all the choice was very clear. I just could not believe the reviews / styling and value. Let me tell you I have had this car for 3 months and it gets looks every single day. VERY exciting and very fast. My respect goes out to Hyundai.

Awesome!

by gencouperacer from NC on Mon Feb 20 2012

This is my second car. I have the 2011 genesis coupe 2.0t Premium. It is an excellent handling car, I drove it through the mountains and it stuck to the road perfectly. The turbo has pretty good get up and go, it never feels slow. Because it is a turbo there are several mods you can do to get it even faster. The only draw back is, because it has a stiff sport suspension on long highway trips you can feels the bumps in the road, but its not to bad. I drive it everyday to school and back, and on weekends take it out for some real FUN! Back roads, mountain roads or just commuting it is awesome!

Still Loving it

by Lime Rock Green from Dallas TX on Mon Oct 03 2011

2010 2.0 T I have owned this car for 1yr and 4 month now with 29000 miles on it and have not had a single problem. No rattles or squeaks and is still as fun and as comfortable to drive as it was on day one. I have one in Lime Rock Green and I still get a lot of looks and comments, people are always staring at this car.I have the 5speed auto with the manual shift and have noticed that the auto trans likes to hold on to the lower gears and i can get much better gas mileage using the paddles to shift earlier. The only complaints I have is the traction control can be a little invasive at times( but there is a button for that) The other is I live in Texas and the AC struggles in 100+ heat when not on the highway(my other vehicle does not have that problem) Over all I still love this car and for the value it can't be beat, 210hp with bluetooth, traction control, stability control,side impact airbags, side curtain airbags, and satellite radio are standard (shop around and negotiate I got this one new for under 20) and would highly recommend it.

worth the wait

by SC2 137 from center valley Pa. on Fri Jun 17 2011

Took a friends out for a ride last year loved it! then I started to save for one of my own. Currently, have the trac automatic. Not one complaint. well, maybe one...the ride is kind of harsh on rough roads, but what did I expect? really, I am very happy with the car, fit and finish is excellent. Mileage is just about what was advertised. come to think of it the passenger side window streaks like there is something in the car door that is rubbing against it. when I take it in for service I will have that checked out. 10 yrs./100K miles nice to have. infinity sound system is excellent. All of the features of the car have performed flawlessly. I have about 2500 miles on it now with no mechanical problems. I am planning a pretty significant road trip in a couple of weeks and that should be a really test. I think this car has great value for the features and is every bit as eye catching as anything else on the road.

Love my car

by Vroom from on Wed Jun 18 2014

I've had my Hyundai Genesis for about three years now and I absolutely love it. The gas mileage could be a little better but other than that I have no complaints. I was looking into getting a new car and recently went to Hyundai for service and spoke with Vince Mucci. He gave me a lot of insight and options and was very knowledgeable about different ways I can acquire a new vehicle. If you decide to go to Freehold Hyundai go see Vince!

Love this beast !

by Vaisanen from Chandler, Arizona on Sat Oct 06 2018

So fun to drive. Comfortable seats. This thing looks sexy. Really a fantastic reliable car. I go through gas a lot quicker due to the fact that I just love putting the pedal down on this baby

Best in Class

by NYC2AZ from Scottsdale, AZ on Mon Jun 06 2011

Purcahsed the car (2.0T) after test driving the Altima Coupe and the Honda Accord Coupe...outperforms them both and gives you better value for the dollar and the features rival those of a Infiniti or Lexus coupe... The pick-up is fantastic and the mpg is about what the car is rated for... handles like my old RX7 - like on rails - though I have not had the Genesis upto the speeds I used to travel at (110) - but it is comfortable at 90 and still has oomph to go faster when passing... I heartily recommend this car to anyone looking for a car in this category.

I?ve had 3 cars, and can?t wait to get rid of this

by Bryce from Killeen, Tx on Thu Jan 25 2018

I drive the manual version. 1. Seems like ?engine shaking while a/c is on? is a big thing and the most annoying thing I?ve ever dealt with. And only at 50k miles 2. I got convinced it?d save me a lot on gas... I get like 12 in the city. 3. Shifts worse than any stick shift I?ve ever driven 4. Makes more engine noise than exhaust noise. 5. Fast yet SLOW at the same time, like it?s got the worst acceleration. 6. Bluetooth stoped working at 48k miles. 7. Just buy another car.

Does not recommend this car!!

Almost happy

by Billyxman from Charlotte nc on Mon Jun 13 2011

Had tire balance issues from day one. After 4 visit for service in the first 1,500 miles finally replaced front wheels and tires and solved that problem. Now that summer is here when the car is out side on hot sunny days keyless entry does not work and will not start unless the key is insert into the aux start slot. All of this in first 5,000 miles

What A Great Car

by Gennycoupeluver21 from Pittsburgh, PA on Mon Sep 18 2017

This car is a very great car, it's one of the best budget entry-level sports car In my opinion. It's peppy, the suspension is amazing, and it's great on gas!

out of 5 starsReliability

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Hyundai's Genesis coupe R-Spec is a stripper — and not the kind you'll find in a gentleman's club. The R-Spec's goal is performance for the dollar, which means features that don't make the car faster are stripped to keep costs low, while high-performance parts from the coupe's Track model are added.

The 2011 Genesis coupe 2.0T R-Spec is on the right track with its low price ($24,500), but it falls short in the "bang" department with a poky turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and unrefined handling.

The V-6-powered Genesis coupe 3.8 also comes in R-Spec garb, but we have yet to test that version. See our 2010 Genesis coupe review here for a more thorough look at the coupe as a whole.

What You... Read More