2002 Hyundai Santa Fe consumer reviews

$17,199–$17,999 MSRP range
side view of 2002 Santa Fe Hyundai
Explore the 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe

I love this car!

I have owned this car for 6 years now and have put 115,000 miles on it. I have never had to take it in for servicing outside of routine maintenance. I have a basic model, without bells and whisles. Of the many things I like about it, I can mention it has lots of cubby holes for storage, a full sized spare tire, and 3 power outlets that come in handy with all the electronics we use nowadays. I'm absolutely beside myself for having to trade up to a minivan, due to a growing family. I would highly recommend it.

Best bang for the buck!!

I have driven this car for almost 100k miles and have had no problems, guess thats why you see more and more on the road everyday, they last!

4.1

Has been great car

Only have 4 cylinder but pulled a very long trailer with two quads.I aslo have pic. of the entire quad in the car. Thought I'ld never get it out had the hatch back stuck shut.Bought it used 60,000 miles only one mech. problem timing belt. I now have 120,000 and have no leaks and still runs great.This car reminds me of Toyota Corolla Tercell I owned in the 80's. If you clean your own car the enterior is challenge to clean the vents.For some reason headlight covers are blured. Overall this is a great car for lots people or stuff.I would consider buying another one.

No complaints

This car has been good to me for 6 yrs. I only had some minor problems in the beginning. Replaced a fuse and fixed a oil gasket ring which were all under warranty. The warranty was awesome and never really used it. I have 111,000 mile on it and it runs better than ever. The original tires lasted 90,000 miles and the exhaust is still original. MPG is low due to the all-time 4WD. dealerships were all good. Always started even in the Cold Chicago Winter! for a fair price of 21,500 I feel I got my moneys worth and more. I highly recommend this car. Took this car all over the country and had 100% trust in it. Later!

3.7

Some good and some bad...

I've owned this vehicle for 5 years and what I loved most about the Santa Fe was the interior space and the superior fuel economy (manual). Also liked it's pep and quiet smooth coasting at high highway speeds, although somewhat gutless in passing. What I didn't like was putting in new front brakes, timing belt, release bearing and clutch all within 88,000 km's!! Luckily, most were covered under the warranty... but now that it's up, I'm not feeling very secure in it's reliability judging by past experience. Would I buy another Santa Fe? Possibly, as the 2008's are sure to have been improved and fine tuned since it's early days. In summary, I'm gonna miss my Santa Fe... but am looking forward to moving on to a superior vehicle.

Great car, great price

I love my Santa Fe LX!!!! I have a 6 month old daughter and this car has great storage, safety ratings and from experience, it is very reliable!! We have owned many vehicles, but this one has had no maintence issues and runs so smoothly! Cup holders are everywhere and it is so easy to get in and out of! Highly recommended!!!