2008 Santa Fe

2008 Hyundai Santa Fe

2008 Hyundai Santa Fe

4.5

Have You Driven the 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe?

Great SUV

by Hyundai Convert from Bedford, Texas on Fri May 13 2011

This was the first car I test drove. Then I tested about 6 other comparable SUVs but none were really comparable...I was spoiled after the first ride. It took several weeks to find another one because the first one was gone that same week. I have the limited edition with the sun roof. Only thing I don't like is putting more $$$ in my tank which is now bigger than what I was used to. City mileage is around 22-23 if I'm really careful not to hit the gas pedal too hard.

Love my Santa Fe

by Ellwhyn from Des Moines, IA on Thu Apr 14 2011

I bought this car about 3 months ago and LOVE IT!!! I knew it was the car for me since about a year ago one was given to me as a loaner car while mine was in the shop and I knew that once I was ready to buy that this was the car for me. I am married with one child who is 3 and we love it for running errands and going out of town. There is plenty of cargo space in the back and my son's carseat fits nicely into it. I know it's supposed to seat 5, but I would only but 2 in the back for max comfort. I can't say it gets the best gas mileage (i mean it is an SUV), but when the car I had before was a Mustang, there's not much difference for me. I like that all the controls are close to the driver, so you don't have to lean forward to reach them, and bonus on mine I have radio/CD controls on my steering wheel. I would recommend this car to any small family.

My favorite

by Molallaron from Portland Or. on Tue Jun 14 2016

I bought newLimited in 2008 . I have 138,000 miles of trouble free driving. 3.3 engine has enough power. Oil changes Tires (2 sets) and brakes the only problem. The back 2 seats(7 seater) fit kids only ,but the back area without using the back two seats is fairly spacious.. The only other problem has been the back seat drop down DVD which failedat 125,000. Better off not getting as to replace is 1,300$ . It got highest small SUV rating over Honda and Toyota in Consumer reports in 2008 . I cannot say anything about the other two today ,but my Hyundai is still on the road doing fine.

best buy ever

by family guy from sedalia, mo on Sat Jun 23 2012

standard engine is very good mileage right on target useful standard features feels heavy but very nimble turns on a dime great on road trips feels safe

Very Reliable SUV

by Mitchzus from Henrico, Va on Fri Mar 23 2018

This is a very comfortable SUV reliable, loaded with everything for that year, Feels like you are sitting in your living room. The 3.3 engine comes with a timing chain as the 2.8 comes with a costly timing belt which needs changing at intervals of 60k miles.

Super buy

by happyhyundai from Kansas City, MO on Wed Apr 18 2012

The 2008 Santa Fe Limited is an awesome car to own. It is very comfortable for local as well as travel trips. The leather seats are very nice, multiple adjustments, and heated. There are many design features that you discover as you drive and use this vehicle. Keep up the good work!

Nice car.

by Yankee Fan from Boise, Idaho on Mon Apr 16 2012

I like the car a bunch. Looked for a car that was like new and found one. We are enjoying the car a great deal.

Nice Vehicle

by Ford Guy from Iowa on Mon Dec 06 2010

I traded in my 2005 Mercury Mountaineer for one of these, and I have to say it was a good choice. This vehicle has plenty of room, it easily fits 7 adults. It has more 3rd seat room than my Mountaineer and gets about 10 more miles per gallon. Ours has the Infinity sound system and the rear DVD, and the 3.3L V-6. I would recommend the V-6 engine for the power.

Hyundai SantaFe Review

by lalm917 from London, England on Wed Aug 01 2018

It's pretty advanced for a 2008 Hyundai. It's got dual-zone A/C, Sirius XM radio, etc. However, it's not the prettiest car. The styling is average, and the interior is what you'd expect. But, it's very reliable, and it doesn't break down very often. So, if you want an average-looking yet reliable car, then this is the car for you.

Love it !

by Blue Bell from Lynchburg Ohio on Mon Mar 12 2012

I realize that cars have changed a lot since we bought our 2002 Sable. My husband and I both are amazed at the pure joy of driving our Santa Fe. Our car is nimble and quick in corners as well as the straightaway. We are also impressed with the comfort of our car. Overall we are very impressed.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe

With gasoline now at a national average of $1.66 a gallon, fuel economy might not be at the top of everyone's list of considerations in choosing a new vehicle, as it was in July when prices topped $4.

But most of us understand that today's prices - at a five-year low - aren't going to last, and that we do need to consider gas mileage when we're shopping for our everyday vehicles.

While some people might complain when I suggest that a vehicle such as the 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe crossover should be considered fuel efficient, with EPA ratings of up to 18 miles per gallon city and 24 highway, the fact is that this car does go a lot farther on a gallon of gas than the similar-sized, truck-based SUVs we were... Read More