2014 Santa Fe

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe

Have You Driven the 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe?

Great redesign that checks all the boxes

by Family Guy from Metrowest, MA on Mon Jan 20 2014

Having owned a 2011 Santa Fe GLS for 27,000 miles, we opted to get rid of it for it's lack of towing capacity, lack of a third row, and the lack of rear sear room for rear facing car seats. Times have changed and it was time to upgrade one of our two vehicles to a "family" vehicle with third row seating to both our kids, the in-laws, and in the future, our kid's friends and such. The 2014 Santa Fe is an option we didn't realize we should have considered until it was almost too late, and I am glad we hadn't already pulled the trigger. The 2014 is large, powerful, and amazingly loaded for what it is. Because we insisted on the second row captains chairs (a feature we were getting in the Toyota Sienna), we had to get the Limited, at which point, we just decided to go ,all in and get the Tech Package. The options list should speak for itself in regards to price/value comparison, but I'll talk more about the functionality of the vehicle as a whole. Towing capacity is increased to the same as our previous body on frame vehicle, which means the boat and large pop-up are not issues for hauling. The all wheel drive system is great on dry roads, and the locking transfer cases makes snow driving no issue (tends to track straight without the lock on). Because of the Limited and all of the options, the entire dashboard is a LOT to take in initially, making it downright distracting the first few drives, but once you adjust all of the settings to your liking, it becomes insanely easy to handle everything. I wish there was Pandora built in to the package, but we'll have to wait for an upgrade I guess. While there are many blind spots, especially when backing up, the camera and auto adjusting mirrors make it very safe and easy. Its convenient having a shutoff for the annoying sensor chime as well, especially with sleeping kids in the vehicle. A few of the negatives I have to speak about are nit picking really, but here they are: Second row captains chairs do not have a manual lock for the heated seat controls. Feet and hands tend to turn them on. The fog lights are not HID to match the headlights. There is no daytime running lights on this vehicle, which is beyond my comprehension. The ride is surprisingly stiff and loud over rough surfaces. The fuel efficiency is off by about 1mpg when calculated manually versus the onboard computer. The blue dashboard, for anyone with nighttime vision issues, is hard to see without turning the lighting up, which causes other problems. And finally, the controls on the left of the dash hidden by the steering wheel and are awkward to get to. All in, I give this a solid 4/5 star for an all boxes checked family vehicle. TONS of room in all rows, tons of features, and surprising fun to drive for those who aren't willing to resign to the fact that this is a grocery getter/kid taxi. We are actually kicking the tires on getting a sport for our second vehicle because it is such a great bang for the buck vehicle. Well worth the sticker price.

Most Features in A Car

by Nice Car from Webster, TX on Mon Aug 18 2014

Great Car....better price and features than the Cadillac SRX I previously owned. Nice 3rd row seat. Navigation, 3rd Row Seat, Push Start, Panoramic Sunroof are all great features that are comparable or even better than my previous car. When the 3rd row seat is down that trunk room is great. When the 3rd row seat it up I can't fit my stroller in the car, but there is still room for backpacks/groceries...etc in the trunk.

Nice features are all standard.

by Le Roy from Manitowoc WI on Mon May 19 2014

Bought the Sante FE GLS w/ third row seats and the Premium Package. Love the vehicle. Only draw back is there is limited storage in the unit basically only the glove box, center console, and a small area in the back. Other than that I would highly reccommend the vehicle.

Great Price for the money

by The Old Sergeant Major from Chesterfield Virginia on Mon May 26 2014

I just purchased a 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD with the Tech Package...this is a great vehicle for the money! A little noisy and not the smoothest ride...but a great overall vehicle for my money. Happy Memorial Day

Great SUV for the money

by pzamaker from madison, wi on Fri Jun 23 2017

Exceeded my expectations. Drives smooth and quiet. ECO mode allows for very good gas mileage for this size vehicle. 26 to 27.5 miles per gallon at 75MPH. Space is very functional. Only down side is not all smart phones and companies are able to be paired to the vehicle.

New owner of a used Hyundai Santa Fe 2014

by JulieB from Brookfield, Mo on Wed Jan 24 2018

I love the vehicle. Mine is the limited model with the Ultimate package, which is top of the line. It is a 2014, so even though it is top of the line for its year, more recent models do have a few more features, ie. Remote start. I’ve decided to rate this vehicle a 4/5 on performance because it is not getting the mpg’s that was advertised. I drive 90% highway miles and have only been able to get 19 mpg instead of 24 mpg as advertised. I also rated it a 4/5 on exterior styling because there was a recall on the chrome plated door handles. The chrome plating is chipping and/or bubbling on all 4 handles. Mine is still under warranty so the manufacturer will fix it, but it’s still a hassle to have to deal with. EVERYTHING else to do with the vehicle is wonderful. I love the heated and cooled front seats. My kids love the heated middle row captain seats. The sunroof/moonrood is absolutely incredible. The seats are VERY comfortable. It has 3 rows of seating (6 seats total) and as an average size woman at 5’8” I can comfortably sit in every seat, in every row. I have not used the towing feature, but my car does have the towing package with it as well, which is handy if you ever need it. Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase thus far.

Superb used car (2014, bought in '18)

by Brownie from Niantic, Connecticut on Fri Jul 20 2018

We test drove similar 2014s with similar miles: Subaru was noisier & small rear view camera)); Toyota; Honda; Fords (tech much less up to date). So: better/large camera screen, blind spot warning in mirrors and sound, etc. Other makes just catching up to Hyundai. That plus Hyundai's (remaining) warranty is much superior (even before adding an extended one). Mileage a snitch lower, but now have no-cost repairs through 6 more years, since we do less than 12,000 miles annually.

A Leased Santa Fe that was hard to let go of

by Rog from Rochester, MN on Mon Mar 27 2017

This was the "extended" version of the Santa Fe with the third row seat. We found it to be very versatile. With the towing package it had a 3000lb towing capacity. With the third row seat it could carry up to 7 people (although the third row was tight for an adult). This vehicle was leased for 3 years, and we "inherited" the lease for 2 years from a family member. We hated to see it go at the end of the lease, but we were not prepared to buy it outright.

Love this car! But get a V6

by KelleeCrofutt from Monroe, NC on Thu Dec 21 2017

Excellent for road trips, few bugs but seem to be worked out. REALLY wish the rear window opened separate from the gate

recently purchased Hyundai Azera

by merkur 89 from Gilbert,az on Thu Apr 20 2017

Well our Azera was purchased in Sept of 2016. After well over 1/2 year scouring the internet car sites I found my car only 37 miles away. The truly good loaded cars at a good value are hard to find. We bought a 2014 Limited and it had the premium package also. Now to the driving perspective it is very quick with a jab of throttle and cruises effortlessly at highway speeds. A recent trip to San Diego with a round trip of 792 miles yielded 24.6 mpg achieved while driving at a speed of 80. In town mpg is at 17.3. The trip to San Diego it should be noted had 4 adults in the car. The interior of the car is very tight on fit/finish. I enjoy the surfaces of all door panels and also the dashboard. They all have a grippy finish. The seats are very comfortable and the memory functions for two different drivers work well. The large 8 inch nav screen is very legible. The blue ambient lighting with both the overhead lights and also the lighting in all the door panels and glove box area a nice touch. This car has the 245/40-19 inch wheels/tires and I would say it takes the rough roads very well. The front seats have more than enough legroom, I am 6 foot, and the read is very large even with the seats back. The side window screens are an extra for the Arizona sun and the power shade in back a nice touch for rear deck even though the car had the windows tinted already. Remember to lower the rear shade at night as it might distort the distance of headlights behind you. The dash panel lights easily adjusted as the high brightness might be too much at night. Final note on the performance and driving handling. The transmission shifts well and the sport mode for manual shift a nice touch. The steering will take a bit of time to get a feel as the electronic motor assist gives it a very light touch. Take it easy around curbing as it doesn't take much to turn the car. The car feels and sounds like a bank vault as you open/close the doors while you are in or out of the car. The trunk with about 16.7 cu ft is good size. One last thing is the front end of the car slopes and you should be careful when turning as your viewpoint is different. We have been driving an AWD Mountaineer for 16 years and this lower car is a much lower view. I would recommend this car highly . We have only put on about 1500 miles since 7 months ago. I found the car with only 9500 miles so have a long ways to go. The panoramic roof is great and the full black glass roof looks good against the Starlight Silver paint job. The car has lots of stainless trim and also chrome trim on door handles to match the long chrome stripes beneath the doors. We bought a Hyundai for the design and also the excellent Hyundai warranty and the fact that this car is a CPO with only a $50.00 deductible for each occurrence We have sold the SUV and we are currently looking for a nice Hyundai Santa Fe GLS hopefully which will have the same features as our car. One final note. be sure to read ALL of the cars info manuals. They are very heavy/thick but lots of good info for all the gizmos inside the car. Thanks for reading. p.s. I have no affiliation with Hyundai ,even it might sound like it, other than us being very happy AZERA owners. This car will be with us for quite a while.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe

Editor's note: This review was written in September 2013 about the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

It's quite rare that a car fills the stringent requirements of each of my daily roles, but with just a couple of oversights, the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited comes close to being a perfect fit.

For 2013, the Santa Fe is actually two vehicles: the Santa Fe Sport — which is a redesign of the five-seat Santa Fe that helped propel Hyundai's rise in the U.S. — and a larger, three-row, seven-seat version called simply the Santa Fe that replaces the... Read More