2019 Santa Fe

2019 Hyundai Santa Fe

2019 Hyundai Santa Fe

Have You Driven the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe?

Love this SUV,

by Skc from Attleboro, Ma on Fri Oct 26 2018

Love everything about this SUV. I test drove 7 other brands and loved the look and interior styling. It has more tech/ safety features than all the others and had a less cluttered looking dashboard. Everything is well laid out. Love the heads up display. This was the only car in this price range to have that. Got the non turbo Ultimate model. Engine is peppy enough for me, especially in sports mode. Great sound system too.

Best value for the money.

by Larry from Bellmore, NY on Thu Sep 20 2018

This car has the most safety technology of any car I've ever owned. It was a great value for a mid-sized SUV. Although I've only owned and driven it for a short while, it has exceeded all of my expectations.

Tremendous Value/Options!

by Bpotts224 from Columbus, Ohio on Wed Oct 10 2018

I was very shocked to learn more about Hyundai. The redesigned 2019 Sante Fe is packed with all the bells and whistles anyone could want, the most amazing features to me are the safety features. The exterior feels solid and the interior is made from quality materials and feels very luxurious. I would absolutely recommend this vehicle to anyone.

So far I love it

by Davep from Sturgis MI on Fri Nov 23 2018

Bought this yesterday and am very impressed already .I am a 6'6" large man and I am comfortable in any seat. The 8 speed transmission shifts smoothly and keeps the engine in its power band effectively. It was quite surprising at the ease of acceleration and found myself exceeding the speed limit often without realizing it. The ride is incredibly smooth and comfortable. Found this to be a great value and fun to drive.

Vehicle looks great outside and in.

by Jimmy from Sun City West on Mon Oct 15 2018

Very comfortable and extremely quiet. Great smooth ride, lots of leg room front and back. good looking interior and all controls are easy to reach.

my 2nd santa fe

by JR from richland, MI on Wed Nov 28 2018

went back to Hyundai because the last new vehicle we bought was a Santa Fe and were very pleased with 2003. The 16 year span has resulted in many improvements and we are extremely happy with the vehicle so far. If our 2019 collects the 275,000 miles the 2003 accumulated, we will be tickled.

Our 2nd Hyundai - 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD

by DL from Honolulu, HI on Fri May 10 2019

I've always (until recently) been an "American car guy." However, I love our new Santa Fe Ultimate. The 2019 exterior re-design is much more "macho" than the previous design, interior is much nicer also. Priced $$$ less than competitive models, and Hyundai doesn't kill you with $ thousands in add ons... just buy the trim you like and nearly everything is already included, all we had to add on were mud flaps and cargo tray, so no "hidden costs." Warranty is phenomenal. Comfort is phenomenal, love the driver memory features for the seat/mirrors. Doesn't handle like my last car (2010 Shelby) but the 2.0T is peppy. As review noted a bit of turbo lag but doesn't bother me... you'd never know it was a 2 liter! Ride quality if excellent and cabin is very stylish (at least on the Ultimate). Love the 2-tone leather seating/interior (ours is a taupe brown and gray). The safety features are phenomenal, as are the LED lights, smart cruise control, 360 camera, 12 speaker system, iridescent interior/dash lights, air conditioned seats, industry-leading tech (Apple and Android car play), heads up display, etc etc. Can't say for the lower level models (noting they also come with all the safety features/lane change warning/pedestrian sensor, etc), but we love the Ultimate. Gas mileage not great with the turbo, but we do mostly city driving so 22-23 is not bad for a mid-size SUV. We're in Hawaii so no need for AWD, so we got the FWD version. Bottom line with the Ultimate you'd never know you're driving a Hyundai vice a Lexus, they've really kicked up their game and for thousands less than Honda, Toyota, Ford, etc... and best warranty in the industry. Also a Top Safety Pick +.

Excellent car but just lacks power

by New Port Richard from New Port Richey, Florida on Wed Dec 26 2018

Great looking, very comfortable, got all the bells and whistles, just seems to lack in power with the 4 cylinders. A nice V6 would put it over the top.

Great for any age buyer

by KevBow97 from Buffalo, NY on Thu Jul 18 2019

2019 Hyundai Santa Fe SEL Primary use: My fiancés daily commuter Exterior Design: In my opinion the new 2019 Santa Fe is one of the best looking crossovers on the market, beat out only by the Mazda CX-5. I like how Hyundai made it look more rugged for 2019. This also helps with making the interior space more usable and improve visibility. The design is cohesive with materials from the front grill being carried throughout other areas of the exterior. Interior Materials/Design: The interior feels very upscale for the price your paying. The MSRP on our SEL trim was right under $31,000 ( that’s not what we paid of course). There are a variety of materials throughout the cabin which breaks ups what could otherwise become a “sea of black”. Nice soft touch materials where you touch the most. The design is very driver focused, facing all of the important controls towards the driver. Love the placement of the touchscreen display as well. The interior feels super modern and well executed. Interior Space/Comfort: This is close to the most comfortable vehicle I’ve driven or been a passenger, beaten out by only my grandfathers Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew. The driver and front passenger have abundant room in every aspect. The front seats are very well cushioned. The clothe seat material is very unique, it is very soft and comfortable though. Back seat leg room is abundant. The bottom cushion sits fairly high off the floor, this helps give plenty of thigh support. The rear seats also have a reclining feature, overall the rear seat passengers won’t be quite as comfortable as the front passengers, but the rear seat is one of the best in the business. There’s also a cavernous trunk with a nice low load height. There are also storage compartments under the trunk floor to keep items from sliding around everywhere while driving. The rear seats can also fold completely flat giving you a giant space if needed. Interior space is the Santa Fe’s middle name. Technology: This thing has it all, and most of it comes standard on even the lower end trims. Our SEL is just one step up from the base SE, but it still come loaded with all the tech your heart desires. The standard 7 in display is easy to use and intuitive. It comes standard with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, these allow you to mirror your phone onto the screen. The screen is also made out of a different material that doesn’t get washed out by the sun or show finger prints as easily. Also on the SEL you get a nice LCD display in the instrument cluster. This will display a variety of information that can be useful for the driver. Apart from the audio/visual technology, there is also an amazing array of safety technology standard on this car. Forward collision warning w/ automatic emergency breaking, blind spot warning, lane keep assist, rear cross traffic warning, adaptive cruise control, and I’m sure more that I’m missing. This gives me piece of mind knowing my fiancé is safe out on the road. Powertrain/Performance: Although the first thing you think of with a crossover/SUV is not 0-60 time and horsepower, they are still important to the driving experience of the car. Our SEL has the 2.4L inline-4. This makes 185 horsepower and 180 pound-feet of torque. Not amazing numbers on paper, but the 8 speed automatic transmission helps a lot. The car feels a lot punchier than you’d expect. Compared to the Subaru Forester with a CVT and a Chevy Equinox with the base engine, this thing feels quick. You won’t win any races, but you also don’t fear merging into a busy road or overtaking a semi on a two-lane road. In regular driving conditions the powertrain combo gives you smooth performance that easily keeps up with traffic without straining itself. Smooth and worry free are the best way to describe it. There’s also 2000 pounds of towing capacity which is a nice plus. Most four cylinders are only good for 1500 pounds. Great for all ages: Young couple (my fiancé and myself): Lots of tech to play with, small enjoy to maneuver in urban settings, plenty of room to transport friends and furry friends (dogs), good mpg, cheap to own, and cheap to insurance. Families: Extremely safe (IIHS Top Safety Pick+), lots of room for children and friends, big truck of anything you need, easy to get in and out of (great for small kids) Elderly: Easy to get in and out, safety features (elderly can’t see as well or have the range of motion of young people), good visibility

Awesome Ride! Santa Fe Limited 2.0 Turbo

by bruiserthechowhound from Washington, DC on Wed Jul 10 2019

You can't beat the value compared to other vehicles in this segment. I have owned Hyundai/Kia since 2007, with one Toyota ('13 Avalon) mixed in during this time frame. I have never had any major issues with my Hyundai/Kia vehicles. All minor issues (and I do stress minor, were covered under their factory warranties). I just came from a 2014 Kia Optima SX Turbo which had about 75K miles in 5 years and loved that car overall, but also provide this as a frame of reference. I have the 19 Santa Fe Limited 2.0 Turbo. I opted for the Turbo, because I prefer to have the ability to accelerate and get out of "tight" situations, especially when driving in heavily populated areas. While I didn't test drive the base model, the mix of HP 185 and low torque didn't inspire confidence for me, thus, going for the turbo (235 HP/262 LBS of Torque). Overall, this is a nice smooth ride, not too noisy with good comfort and ergonomics. I have found when using Sport Mode, I can pass slower vehicles and escape tight situations with little difficulty. While not quite as fast as what I had with my Optima SX (274 HP and lots of torque), this has done a good job to address those situations. I'm ultimately not trying to play "Speed Racer" but avoid the situations caused by unsafe drivers hogging the left lane in their Chevy Cruise and Toyota Corolla, and other similar situations. The most impressive thing about this ride so far, even though it has been rated 19/24 (City/Highway); I have been getting about 32 MPG on longer highway style trips and about 23 MPG for my "city" driving conditions. Not true stop and go, but changing speeds and lots of residential area driving. This is a huge plus for me. This ride also has plenty of cargo space and I like how you can flatten out the back seats and they also even recline. The interior is well-designed and overall a nice layout. The headliner is a bit of a weird almost "denim-looking" gray, that I feel does not mesh well with the overall design, but I can live with it. While it has some cheap plastics around the dash, they look nice and unless you are using a premium luxury car as your frame of reference; will be a non-issue. The stereo is amazing, and the safety tech works well. I'm not a big fan of the lane assist, as it seems very aggressive and almost made me feel like I was losing control of the vehicle. I also do not like the whole engine start/stop system (where it shuts off at stops). The hesitation when starting to move again is bad and makes me feel a bit uneasy, so I simply keep that feature off. My biggest complaint is with Android Auto. This version does not come with Navigation. That is not a big deal, as I have always felt like Hyundai/Kia Navigation sucked and always reverted to Waze or Google Maps when getting closer to cities, anyway. However, this version of Android Auto doesn't provide the functionality of adding and using all of the suggested apps and has been a bit touchy. It has completely shut down many times and at first I thought it was because of a bad USB cable; which has not been the case. I'm not sure where the glitch is, and I have re-installed Android Auto a few times to no avail for this issue. I would highly suggest just using google maps and attaching that to a device that lets you watch it and going through bluetooth if going somewhere you really need good directions. Overall, I am thrilled with this ride and would highly-recommend to anyone that is looking for tremendous value for the mid-sized SUV. For this price, it came with far more features and power than the RAV-4 or CRV. You can also never go wrong with their 10/100 Powertrain 5/60 Basic and 5 years, unlimited road-side assistance as well, which is the best in the industry. Hyundai/Kia have come such a long way, even in the last 10 years. Their products are every bit as good as Honda or Toyota with a superior warranty and price point. If you are on the fence, just test drive and you will get a better understanding. These are no longer the proverbial "crap boxes" that people have associated this brand with that did deserve that reputation 15-20 years ago.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19

Our Take on the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe

The verdict:

Comfortable and well-equipped, the redesigned 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe should appeal to families shopping the mid-size two-row SUV class, but a few drivability issues annoy.

Versus the competition:

The mid-size SUV class is poised to get a lot more competitive, with Honda and Chevrolet readying the 2019 Passport and 2019 Blazer, respectively, Ford launching an updated 2019 Edge SUV and Nissan offering a refreshed Murano. As with other Hyundai models, value for the money promises to be one of the Santa Fe's biggest selling points.

Hyundai has tinkered with the names of its mid-size and full-size SUVs for the 2019 model year. The redesigned two-row 2019 Santa Fe reviewed here replaces the Santa Fe Sport in Hyundai’s lineup, and the three-row Santa Fe has been dubbed Santa Fe XL for 2019 but is a carryover model with few changes. The Santa Fe XL isn’t long for this world, though; it’s slated to be replaced by the three-row Hyundai Palisade, which will arrive next summer as a 2020 model.

The 2019 Santa Fe starts at $26,545, including a $1,045 destination charge, for a base front-wheel-drive SE trim. We tested two higher-end versions: a $36,620 front-wheel-drive Ultimate with the 185-horsepower, 2.4-liter four-cylinder... Read More