2004 Hyundai Sonata

I loved it. It was a great car

by from Mount Vernon, OH on August 26, 2017

This car met my daily needs. It was was a very reliable car and got decent gas mileage. I'm sad to see it go but I need something with better gas mileage.

made of metal v6 great horsepower

by from Ocean Gate, NJ on August 24, 2017

with all new under the hood, this car should last another 100K. have too many cars to keep this one. would make great for student, wife.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Most reliable car

by from Elkridge, md on August 10, 2017

This is the best car for money spent. It's more fuel efficient. It has good leg room. It's engine is reliable and can run up to 200k without any problems until it met with accident.

Drives incredibly smooth.

by from Euclid, Ohio on July 12, 2017

This car has extremely comfortable seats and floats like a Cadillac. The taillights have been tinted black and look amazing at night time. (legal tint) In addition, my 2004 Hyundai Sonata has a blown head gasket but can easily be replaced. Once replaced the car will run as good as new.

Most reliable car I owned.

by from Allen, TX on June 27, 2017

This car was V6 with all leather seats. Good interior, Good comfort and smooth drive. Never needed any major maintenance.

Best first car

by from on April 23, 2017

I love the Hyundai Sonata. It is a very reliable car to own. I would get this car again if i had to do it again

Nice inexpensive car!

by from Fort Worth, TX on September 19, 2014

I was looking for a cheap car that I could use as part of my year-long commute (down to Dallas during the week, back home to Pittsburgh on the weekend) and I found this 2004 Sonata for less than $4K. 95K miles and it still runs great. It's a little dinged up on the outside but it stills looks pretty good (Like the styling on it). Everything mechanical works and works well. Good power and acceleration for freeway driving. Bad stuff - suspension not the best, gain on the power steering is pretty high and turning radius not great. Drab interior didn't hold up well with time but seat covers took care of that. All in all - a lot of value for the money and one month in, I'm very pleased. If I avoid the mechanic I'll be thrilled.

Best car I have ever owned

by from Fredericksburg VA on August 19, 2014

I bought this 2004 Hyundai Sonata used in 2005 with about 25,000 miles. I purchased the extended warranty. Sorry I did because I never needed to have any warranty item repaired even now five years since the warranty expired. Changed the timing belt at about 70,000 miles but when I looked at the old belt there were no signs of wear. Have oil changes between 4,000 and 5,000 miles. Have replaced tires twice and had rear brakes replaced once. Recenlty I had my first tune up at 91,000 and rear struts. I have never gotten behind the wheel and this car did not start. Have never had a moments trouble. My only bone of contention is that the paint on 2 of the door handles have chipped. I would buy this car again in a heart beat.

2004 LX 2.7 Great Car

by from Bethel Island, CA on March 23, 2014

Bought new for cash well under MSRP; best value; 2004 Hyundai Sonata LX V6- 10 yrs old next November and currently with 194K miles and no loss of power (mobile 1 since 99K). Only warranty repair was the water pump at 58K. KYB gas struts at 100K. First break set lasted 100K. Gets a consistent 27 avg. mpg still. Profile handles stormy weather great! Every 60k timing belt, etc. regular maint. Not expensive. Odd that so many reviews' media want(ed) to leave Hyundai out?? Time for a paint job, all new hoses, and new tech radio head unit now. Shopping for a aftermarket front strut tower brace and CARB legal chip. Also own the 2005 Tucson same engine and 4x4 with over 100K on it too. Got my money's worth many times over. Want to see Hyundai get diesel SUV into this country & CA. for my next car.

Sonata Soulmate

by from Hartford, CT on December 22, 2013

I bought my 2002 Sonata used with 65k miles in 2008. It now has 190,000k miles. Twice I was told it was on its way out, and twice I proved the mechanic wrong. It is a V6 which I highly recommend if you like to go from on ramp to cruising speed quickly. It's only had routine maintenance and has been used to teach two teens to drive. I would like cup holders in the back seat and a better sound system. Looking for another Hyundai.