2006 Hyundai Sonata consumer reviews

$17,895–$18,795 MSRP range
side view of 2006 Sonata Hyundai
Explore the 2006 Hyundai Sonata
Shop the 2006 Hyundai Sonata

Most reliable car I’ve ever owned

This car is so reliable. Doing your oil change is all you will need. I never had a problem with it. I love this car

4.4

Very reliable car with great handling !!

Car is very fun 2 drive!! And with it's v6 motor & rack & pin steering, it aids this car's performance level up there near the far top ratings!! VERY reliable, dependable, & hasexcellant gas millage; super good pick up with a lot of York & power to it!!

3.7

Not Good, Not Bad

This was the top-of-the-line limited edition. It was a sharp looking, comfortable car, with plenty of nice features, and it had plenty of power with the optional V-6. However, I took good care of it, and feel like it should have lasted longer without needing major repairs. (I ended up selling it to a salvage yard rather than spending the thousands it would have taken to fix it.) It was two years old when I bought it, and had low mileage. I sold it at the 148,000 mile mark because the power steering pump, power steering fluid lines, and rack and pinion all needed replaced. Also, the driver's side window wouldn't go down, and the front suspension made a loud squeaky noise over bumps. Also replaced the AC compressor twice, a bent alloy wheel, the electronic throttle control, and all ball joints over the course of ownership.

I cannot even consider selling this car.

As I approach 200,000 miles, while I have considered trading in for a new car, I cannot. Hyundai does not make the 6-cylinder model anymore and I love the extra pick-up and excellent gas mileage. Replacing the starter, struts, and new tires have been my only major expenses. Since it looks as good as the day I purchased it, why waste money on a new vehicle with too many gimmicks that can go awry.

2.1

Think Twice

Bad suspension,horrible electrical system,Bad am reception .Dealer network stinks.Had more problems after hyundai servicing then when I brought it in.You'll need their10 year powertrain warranty as you'll be at the dealrship service dept most of the time.

4.3

Reliable, good on gas, very fast for a v4, comfort

This car is the best for a car under 5k, I bought for to resell it then after driving it for a few days I decided to keep it.

1.7

Not worth it

To be honest, they aren't bad at first, but down the road, they begin to have a ton of issues. The paint is peeling, it needs constant maintenance. The transmission has issues and has trouble shifting from 1st to 2nd because it leaks. The worst part is that it needs its own special fluids. most cars have fluids you can usually get easily at walmart or an auto parts store for 2-4 bucks. Hyundais fluids are almost 7 bucks and you can only get them at a dealer.

This is the most reliable car anyone could own

This car is amazing it is a great car for someone who travels a lot or if this is there first car even if you have maybe 1 or 2 kids this is a nice size car & it’s very comfortable

Love this car!!

I have had the 4 cylinder GLS from day one. Now November 2018 with 64k original miles only. She's nothing fancy, but reliable since day 1. Only issue is airbag light and starter starting to hesitate a bit..time will tell. So far only brakes and tires replaced.

4.0

Most reliable car I 've owned.

Full size with a large trunk and it can seat 5 adults. It was bought two years ago from a dealership and the engine oil was changed every 2000 miles in average.