2009 Hyundai Sonata consumer reviews

side view of 2009 Sonata Hyundai
Explore the 2009 Hyundai Sonata
Shop the 2009 Hyundai Sonata

Love this Car - Reliable - Looks Great

The review from Mobile, AL is not for this specific car. It is about a 2009 Sonata, SE in general. There have been NO mechanical issues with this car.

Wonderful Car - Reliable - Owned 11 Years

This car has absolutely no mechanical issues. Totally reliable and comfortable to drive. I just purchased a 2020 Sonata SEL because my 2009 Sonata SE has been so great for the 11 years I have owned it.

One of My Favorites

I bought the car (2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited) at roughly 135k miles, and have actually had only one issue in the 20k miles I have driven it so far. The only issue I had was my compressor went out, which was definitely pricey to fix but that's just how it goes with newer vehicles. Had to replace a TPMS sensor because it died, but that's it. No check engine lights, no issues with brakes or mechanical issues at all. I love the way it drives, very smooth and definitely gets up to speed when you want it to. I will say that the suspension isn't the best, you definitely feel almost every bump. Speed bumps are hellacious in this car, even with a mechanic confirming everything was still tight. I would recommend this car to anyone. Sound system is really nice, too. I also am a fan of the heated seats and steering wheel controls.

Excellent car for commute

I own 2009 Hyundai Sonata 2.4 L model. Ever since i have bought this vehicle, i haven't rented any car for long trips. This car is very comfortable. Have Leather seats, heated seats, i have changed the music system / receiver (replaced with Sony which has bluetooth - wow it sounds so good on infinity speakers). Have been driving since 4 years and have no issues .. bought when it had 86K miles and now it has 136K miles and going strong. Definitely worth than Toyota Camry and Honda Accord which has cheap interiors.

Never had any issues. Def the best car for the $

Loved this car ! Very reliable ! Just need a little TLC. Been in my garage about 5 months so I keep talking . And

Recent purchase, but feel like I am in a Cadillac

I cannot believe how comfortable this car is, roomy, all electric, sunroof, heated seats,,much more pleasurable to drive and ride in than my suv I had previously. I love the Sirius xm radio, which sounds great in my Infinity radio the car has in it..

Most reliable car I've owned.

I love my car. It's super reliable and the engine is more.powerful that I expected. Suspension is okay. The AC is amazing when driving on highway. Kinda warm when in idle. But overall it's a great car. Has plenty of room to stretch.

Very reliable. excellent condition & no major repa

Best purchase i had made so far and I had bought four new cars before this one. It gets very good gas mileage especially on the highway

4.3

Good Starter Car

I drove this car as a college student. It is reliable, safe, comfortable, and spacious and good-looking for a sedan. I do wish the engine were a bit more powerful and rear window wipers and a sunroof would be nice to have.

Never had any problems in 9 years.

It's a good standard-size sedan. It is not exciting, but performs well enough and gives no trouble at all. The V6 is powerful, and the car is capable of going very fast. Ride comfort is average, because of the low-profile tires.