2011 Sonata

2011 Hyundai Sonata

2011 Hyundai Sonata

4.5

Have You Driven the 2011 Hyundai Sonata?

Excellent value

by betnthebank from North Texas on Sun Jul 31 2011

My shopping came down to the 2011 versions of: Sonata, LaCrosse and Acura TL. The Sonata Limited Turbo provides 274hp froma turbo 4 cylinder as compared to the others v6 engines. On a receent road trip I averaged 31.8 mpg with a best of 33.8mpg on some highway stretches. No way any v6 powered car is going to return those mileage figures. The Sonata also came in about $6G under the price range for a comparable Buick and $8G under the Acutra. The turbo model of the Limited does come with the "sport" tuned suspension, which is comparable to that of the Acura and no way as cushy as the Buick. I've been really pleased with te build quality and reliabilty of this car. My few complaints are that there is no memory seating available and the Radio/Navigation screen has very minimal brightness adjustment and seems way too bright at night, at the lowest posssible setting. I'm considering installing window tint on it to tone it down! LOL I would gladly tell anyone to consider the Hyundai Sonata for their next new car purchased. Heck, I traded in a Toyota and have not been dissappointed. Happy Motoring!

Great car

by new buyer from Jackson, WI on Thu Aug 05 2010

I bought a 2011 Hyundai Sonata a couple months ago and am glad that I did. On a couple longer trips we averaged 40-41 miles a gallon. We average 32-33 driving around our little town. Fantastic for this size car. The only minus item is that the SE has the sports suspension which has a rather stiff ride - a person feels any irregularities in the pavement such as a little hole or the repair bumps in a road. I can live with that though for all the other great features this car provides.

Great car so far

by BIG W from Florida on Sun Jun 12 2011

My last 3 cars were Mazda Toyota and Honda All 3 had no mechanical problems and were very reliable. My Sonata rides as well as the Camry and has much better styling. In 3-4 years will it hold its value as much as a Honda or Toyota? If it does then I will get another one. Only time will tell. MY WIFE AND I ARE VERY HAPPY WITH OUR PURCHASE.

Awesome!

by gmudzo from Reedsville, PA on Thu Jul 14 2011

I have exclusively been a Honda Accord guy since 1990, and very satisfied with their product. When I decided to buy a new car, I immediately gravitated toward the 2011 Accord EX. After driving it, it was what I expected, but my wife commented that the styling was bland. I did some research and test drove the 2011 Sonata turbo. Never considered the Honda again. It took some time to get the car I wanted. I ended up buying it about 200 miles from home, but it was worth the trouble. It is quick, nimble, and satisfied my wife's style requirement, not to mention at considerably less expense than the Accord. The only cons so far is that the satelite radio seems more prone to loosing signal than on prior cars, and visibility, when backing up, it somewhat limited. The long term reliability is a question; time will tell.

2.0T - Best car for the money, hands down

by Pearl White SE 2.0T from Washington, DC on Thu May 05 2011

I waited over a year for the 2.0T to arrive in showrooms and it was worth the wait. I picked up my Sonota SE 2.0T for just under $23K. What an incredible value! I am 6'5", and I feel it has great interior room, is well built, add offers amazing styling both inside and out. A recent visit to Korea for a wedding made even more confident in Hyundai and Korean products in general. Pretty much all Taxi cabs in Korea are a Sonata or another Hyundai product. They BEAT those cars up in Korea and they keep on going. Never once did I see a broken down car there. For me, it was a great testimate to how the sonata will hold up years down the road. I will mention that my Sonata (like most others), had an issue with pulling to the left. I was impressed with Hyundia's handling of the situation and their open admission that it is a design flaw. They gave me a rental car while mine was being repaired and I was pleased with the results. The comments by other reviewers about gas milleage is not true: I have the Turbo Model and drive "spirtedly" and still manage to average about 24 MPG between city and highway. I think that the below reviewer should "review" thier driving habits if they'd like to achieve the vehicle's proper MPG.

heartbroken

by golddustwoman from shamokin, pa on Tue Jun 02 2015

I had no issues with the car. Did the maintenance and than BAM! My engine blew! The main rod went in it. Now trying to find a replacement one at a reasonable price is hard! My mechanic is stumped. Nobody recommends these engines and if you do get one, it will not be dependable. Right now the ballpark figure is $2200.00. I do a lot driving on the interstate everyday. It cannot handle this use. I just want to fix it and get rid of it. My car had 116,000 miles on it. I thought Toyota had met it's match... wrong. My Toyota 2001 corolla is still on the road with 195,000 miles on it. I'm going back to Toyota.

Does not recommend this car!!

2011 Sonata SE-2.0T

by Nightstalker from Concord, CA on Tue Nov 08 2011

Over all this car is 5 stars. You cant beat the price compared to what you get in the car standard. The turbo model has great pickup and zip. great gas mileage too. Averaging 37 mpg/hwy, 30mpg/city. The only reason I gave it 4 stars performance is when the ECo button is on, it has a tendency to govern gas pedal. But the turbo is fast and you dont notice it really because ECO is sipping your gas for great mileage. Comfort is very nice but 5 stars is for a Lazyboy type feel for a driver seat which this car is a 4. Lumbar works great but still not bolstered enought to make long trips easy on the back. OVERALL this car looks and drives amazing. It looks the best in black; but you have to love washing a car for black.

First Car

by First Time Buyer from Washington, DC on Tue Nov 01 2011

This is my first car and I'm liking it so far, it's only been a couple months. Gas mileage is great! I was confused initially about how the ECO mode works. It doesn't do something to the engine like I though at first, instead a little light that says "ECO" lights up when you're driving optimally. Overall, I'd give it a solid B+

You had me at "GLS"

by HYUNDAIBELIVER from Dayton, Ohio on Mon Jul 18 2011

Limited turbo Months ago I had a GLS Sonata as a loaner while my '05 Tucson was in the shop for maintence. I loved the Sonata and the search was on! (Should note here that I had the Tucson for 6 years and 124,000 miles with only 2 minor mechanical repairs- so Hyundai reliabilty is a given for me) At 48 years old my goal was to have a sedan with a luxury feel, space for my eldery parents, but yet sporty looking without screaming "Mid-life crisis". The Sonata Limited Turbo with my added lip spoiler and pin stripe was the answer. Awesome smooth ride and incredible pick up. the Inifinity stereo with Xm is a real treat. Fit and finish inside (love the soft feel of the dash) is as nice as my girlfriend's Lexus. I also test drove the Reclusive Kia Optime EX-turbo and both versions of the Buick Regal. But I kept coming baack to the Sonata. My girlfriend drives a Lexus IS250 and has had 2 BMW's in the past. She was amazed by this car and her reaction cinched my decision. Now my Lexus driving girlfriend has a bad case of " Hyundai Envy". !

mileage on a large car

by tim from kc mo on Sat Jul 16 2011

my 2011 sonata gets min. 31 city and 34-38 highway. I love this car I'm 6'5" lots of room front or back seat after I drive 500 miles for a rest or nap.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 28

Our Take on the 2011 Hyundai Sonata

Hyundai's redesigned Sonata sedan has exploded onto the market to become one of the most popular cars available, period. It's the best example of how a good-looking product at a competitive price can lure customers — even with just one available powertrain: a four-cylinder engine wrapped in a package built for passenger comfort and fuel efficiency.

While that version is setting the sales world on fire, the company is rolling out a higher-performance trim level — a turbocharged four-cylinder, not a V-6, like nearly all the competition. That includes the Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Nissan Altima ... basically every midsize body-type sedan.

By using a turbo engine, Hyundai has made the... Read More