2017 Sonata

4.8 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

my best auto purchase

by hyundaihapi from chattanooga, TN on March 31, 2017

The purchase of my 2017 Hyundai Sonata Sport was a process of researching and visiting several dealerships. I drove other brands of cars and asked lots of questions. In the end, the Hyundai had the best styling, most comfort, great performance, outstanding warranty package, fabulous features, and more car for the money. The dealership was hands down the best. I am perfectly happy that I made the right choice.

Great Car for the Money

by Consultingpastot from Apalachin, NY on March 21, 2017

Hyundai continues to make great strides in improving their product and the 2017 Sonata is a car that has plenty of comfort, some nice options, and great gas mileage for a very affordable price for a midsized car. Even on some more of its base models (I bought a SE base model) the car comes with a number of options including daytime running lights, Bluetooth, and Apple CarPlay. A most impressive aspect to this vehicle is the comfort and roominess of its ride. Containing plenty of leg room and a large trunk, this car makes it a pleasant ride. I also enjoyed the well lit display and the controls for the various functions makes it easy to use even at night. The other noteworthy aspect of this car is that it has a very quiet ride and Hyundai has done an outstanding job keeping the road noise out. Performance wise, this car has three drive models: eco, normal and sport. In eco mode, this car gets outstanding gas mileage. At 71 mph on interstate driving, my gas mileage ranged from 35-40 mpg which varied a bit based on weather and wind conditions. The only negatives that I would mention is that in eco mode, this car (since it is in gas saving mode) doesn't accelerate nor deaccelerate very quickly and does seem slightly sluggish in its automatic gear shift. I found that when more rapid acceleration or deacceleration was needed along with tighter steering (especially on hilly, curvy roads as well as in snowy weather) it was better to take the car out of eco mode and put it in sport mode. Another negative is that Hyundai, like most cars, are making their cars lighter to increase fuel efficiency. While generally this is not a bad thing, I noticed that cars rock around a lot more on very windy days. Hyundai is no exception. However, let me state clearly that in spite of these negatives, this is an excellent car with the best price for a midsized car. Why pay $2000-$3000 more for a Cambry or an Accord when you get plenty of comfort and options on a Sonata. Furthermore the Hyundai warranty is much better than its competitors and it is clear that Hyundai continues to greatly improve its products at affordable prices. In conclusion, if you are looking for a family sedan or a nice traveling car, this is a great car. It may not be the most sporty or the most exciting road car, but the beauty of this vehicle is not in its sportiness but in its comfort and practicality. I highly recommend this car.

After two months of research...

by Heynow777 from Arizona on March 3, 2017

I found the perfect car. Former Camry owner, and I could not be more happy. You can get a lot of bells and whistles with the SE models or the bottom price. I'm 6'6" and this car fits like a glove...Lots of space, great comfort and a great ride. At the very least, test drive a Sonata, if you're looking for a midsize sedan.

Best riding and looking car I've owned by far!

by EP1 from East Windsor NJ on April 1, 2017

I am a first time owner of a Hyundai, my son purchased a 2013 Sonata and is very happy with his purchase so I decided to look into the new style Sonata for 2017 I purchased the 2017 sport model with the tech package and am very happy with the cars handling, comfort and style

Comfortable and smooth running car..

by carfan from Tampa, Fl on March 30, 2017

We had a sporty Elantra Limited, which we loved..but we are seniors and it was not a smooth riding car..so we got the Sonata this time and are very pleased with it..It is a much smoother running car and a lot more room in the back seat..Not quite as good on gas mileage as the Elantra, but still good..The seats are more comfortable in the Sonata too. When you talk to someone on the phone thru the car , it is much clearer this year than in 2015.. I like the 3 driving modes too..(Eco, Sport, or Regular drive)

Worth the Price!

by Workingeagle1 from Silver City, NM on March 6, 2017

Decided to upgrade from Elantra to Sonata, was well worth the upgrade, plenty of room and styling was great, great gas mileage and good price made it all worthwhile to getting it.

Great Value

by Caveman from Rhode Island on April 19, 2017

Looked at a lot of 2017 automobiles. Researched, test drove and stayed true to my budget. The Hyundai Sonata beat out the 2017 Toyota Camry and the Honda Accord without a doubt on over all features, performance and ride.

Another one hits the road.

by RobertzKielc from San Jose, CA on May 31, 2017

This is my second Hyundai Sonata, it replaced a 2015 Sonata Limited 2.4L that was traded back to the same dealer to get this one and it was a great car as well. It's a 2017 Sonata Limited 2.4L with Tech and Ultimate packages. Just like the previous car it drives great, quite ride on most roads, some rough ones create a bit more noise but it is not a big deal at all. Plenty of leg room up front and for back passengers, good headroom even with sunroof. Easy to read dashboard, center console has logical layout for controls and big 8" touchscreen is bright and easy to use for GPS, radio, backup camera, with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay options. Cool future: dynamic bending lights, it help to light up the road when making turns. Smart cruise system, ventilated front seats, HID headlights, smart trunk opening (no you don't have to balance on one leg like some cars ask you to do :) ), make driving more pleasant. Other available future like Lane Departure warning, Blind Spot Detection, Rear Parking sensors, High Beam Assist, Integrated Memory seats add to great value of Hyundai Sonata. Blue Link , free to try with option to buy , is a great safety with car care services and Google search available. Long power warranty, 10 years/100K miles, 5years/60K miles bumper to bumper give you piece of mind. Downside: driver seat could be a bit more supportive like Sport version. In the end Sonata Limited is a great value car with long warranties, easy on the eye, smooth ride and being assemble in US doesn't hurt either :).

Best Car I've Ever Owned. Totally In Love!!

by LexxJeann2017 from Salt Lake City, UT on May 9, 2017

I spent a lot of time car shopping before I even went into the dealership. I looked at specs, compared models, read reviews, the whole 9 yards and I had it narrowed down to my Sonata Sport or a Kia Optima. I knew I wanted a brand new car and that I wanted to feel like I was going to really get a good value since I was about to spend over 20k. I test drove both models and as soon as I got into my Sonata Sport I knew it was the vehicle for me. It was so nice inside and really felt like I would be getting my money's worth. I test drove it and the difference in the driving modes (normal, eco, and sport) really surprised me. I also love the gas mileage and technology features. (The stereo is great too) I have had my car for just over a month now and I am SO happy with my purchase. I'm always offering to drive everywhere and I don't even mind being stuck in rush hour traffic. Needless to say I would recommend the Hyundai Sonata Sport to anyone!

Beautiful Sonata

by Sunshine45 from WV on March 4, 2017

We purchased to replace our leased car that we turned in. We are seniors and so this may be the last new car we buy. We purchased the Sonata and it has lots of room. The staff was very helpful with questions that we had. I would recommend this dealership to anyone.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 38