2017 Sonata

2017 Hyundai Sonata

2017 Hyundai Sonata

Have You Driven the 2017 Hyundai Sonata?

After two months of research...

by Heynow777 from Arizona on Fri Mar 03 2017

I found the perfect car. Former Camry owner, and I could not be more happy. You can get a lot of bells and whistles with the SE models or the bottom price. I'm 6'6" and this car fits like a glove...Lots of space, great comfort and a great ride. At the very least, test drive a Sonata, if you're looking for a midsize sedan.

Comfortable and smooth running car..

by carfan from Tampa, Fl on Thu Mar 30 2017

We had a sporty Elantra Limited, which we loved..but we are seniors and it was not a smooth riding car..so we got the Sonata this time and are very pleased with it..It is a much smoother running car and a lot more room in the back seat..Not quite as good on gas mileage as the Elantra, but still good..The seats are more comfortable in the Sonata too. When you talk to someone on the phone thru the car , it is much clearer this year than in 2015.. I like the 3 driving modes too..(Eco, Sport, or Regular drive)

Another one hits the road.

by RobertzKielc from San Jose, CA on Wed May 31 2017

This is my second Hyundai Sonata, it replaced a 2015 Sonata Limited 2.4L that was traded back to the same dealer to get this one and it was a great car as well. It's a 2017 Sonata Limited 2.4L with Tech and Ultimate packages. Just like the previous car it drives great, quite ride on most roads, some rough ones create a bit more noise but it is not a big deal at all. Plenty of leg room up front and for back passengers, good headroom even with sunroof. Easy to read dashboard, center console has logical layout for controls and big 8" touchscreen is bright and easy to use for GPS, radio, backup camera, with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay options. Cool future: dynamic bending lights, it help to light up the road when making turns. Smart cruise system, ventilated front seats, HID headlights, smart trunk opening (no you don't have to balance on one leg like some cars ask you to do :) ), make driving more pleasant. Other available future like Lane Departure warning, Blind Spot Detection, Rear Parking sensors, High Beam Assist, Integrated Memory seats add to great value of Hyundai Sonata. Blue Link , free to try with option to buy , is a great safety with car care services and Google search available. Long power warranty, 10 years/100K miles, 5years/60K miles bumper to bumper give you piece of mind. Downside: driver seat could be a bit more supportive like Sport version. In the end Sonata Limited is a great value car with long warranties, easy on the eye, smooth ride and being assemble in US doesn't hurt either :).

Best Car I've Ever Owned. Totally In Love!!

by LexxJeann2017 from Salt Lake City, UT on Tue May 09 2017

I spent a lot of time car shopping before I even went into the dealership. I looked at specs, compared models, read reviews, the whole 9 yards and I had it narrowed down to my Sonata Sport or a Kia Optima. I knew I wanted a brand new car and that I wanted to feel like I was going to really get a good value since I was about to spend over 20k. I test drove both models and as soon as I got into my Sonata Sport I knew it was the vehicle for me. It was so nice inside and really felt like I would be getting my money's worth. I test drove it and the difference in the driving modes (normal, eco, and sport) really surprised me. I also love the gas mileage and technology features. (The stereo is great too) I have had my car for just over a month now and I am SO happy with my purchase. I'm always offering to drive everywhere and I don't even mind being stuck in rush hour traffic. Needless to say I would recommend the Hyundai Sonata Sport to anyone!

Worth the Price!

by Workingeagle1 from Silver City, NM on Mon Mar 06 2017

Decided to upgrade from Elantra to Sonata, was well worth the upgrade, plenty of room and styling was great, great gas mileage and good price made it all worthwhile to getting it.

Beautiful Sonata

by Sunshine45 from WV on Sat Mar 04 2017

We purchased to replace our leased car that we turned in. We are seniors and so this may be the last new car we buy. We purchased the Sonata and it has lots of room. The staff was very helpful with questions that we had. I would recommend this dealership to anyone.

2017 Sonota Sport

by Guy & Patti from Durand WI on Thu Mar 16 2017

This is our first new car in 14 years. While on vacation in Hawaii we had rented one and immediately fell in love with it. This car offers the best value and equipment in its price range. Handles great, rides great, fuel mileage is awesome...and its roomy...you can't go wrong on buying this car!!

I do not have a negative thing to say against this

by tommie86 from Battle Creek,MI. on Fri May 05 2017

This car is worth every penny we spent on it! This car looks sharp, handles sharp, is sharp. Hyundai has demonstrated its ability to be a manufacturer of high quality products; backed up by a great dealership and customer relation info system.

Most car for the money in its class .A rock solid

by Andy from Goldsboro NC on Wed Apr 05 2017

The car is roomy I am 6ft 3 in and I have all the leg room and then some I need. Back seats have good leg room also. You wont get a better car for the money.

5k cheaper than the competitor!

by Jeffdgreat from Long Beach California on Mon May 01 2017

The sonata is an exceptional car that can be purchased under 20k out the door. The trunk space is huge and the car has a lot of legroom for both the driver and passengers. The SE model comes in 3 drive mode normal, sport, and eco. I averaged around 38 miles a gallon on eco mode on highway. The car also comes with apple/android car play. When driving the car, you'll notice how quiet the engine is and it blocks out a lot of outside noises. I have zero regret buying this car.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 43

Our Take on the 2017 Hyundai Sonata

The verdict:

The car that won our 2015 Midsize Sedan Challenge has been surpassed by newer, nicer, quicker offerings.

Versus the competition:

In the highly competitive midsize segment, the Hyundai now falls midpack. It offers some strengths versus the Honda Accord and Nissan Altima, like a better multimedia system and more standard features, but falls short of rivals like the Volkswagen Passat in quality feel and interior space. Its utterly invisible styling makes it less appealing than the Chevrolet Malibu or even an Accord Sport.

Editor’s note: This review was written in June 2016 for the 2016 Hyundai Sonata. Nothing of note has changed for 2017, but to see what has changed, click here. For a side-by-side comparison of the two model years, click here.

We really liked the previous-generation Hyundai Sonata. The swoopy-styled, comfortable, feature-packed family sedan finally put Hyundai on the map; it was a competitive, appealing midsize car. But while a redesign for 2015 brought dramatically improved ride quality, powertrain refinement and a much quieter cabin, the unique style and pizzazz of the old Sonata was lost.

For 2016, a few updates to the Sonata — such as the addition of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto... Read More