2017 Hyundai Sonata consumer reviews

side view of 2017 Sonata Hyundai
Explore the 2017 Hyundai Sonata
Shop the 2017 Hyundai Sonata
3.7

SELL before the warranty goes out!

The engine blew at 120k miles. Always did complete maintenance on the car. The 17-19 years had bad engines, personally know 2 other people with the same car that both had their engines blow with under 100k miles.

3.0

Trunk latch recall - MAYBE

Trunk latch recall for 2017 Sonatas - but NOT mine??? So I am riding around with a trunk that does not close AND even though I will have to pay for it - the dealer DOES NOT have the part.

2.3

Bad Engine

I bought this car used and I stayed in a rental car more than my car. It only had 50,000 miles on it when I bought it. I kept up with my oil changes and the engine was bad at 101,000 miles. Save your money and don’t buy this Sonata. Hyundai refused to fix it so I will never buy a Hyundai again.

Great car!

Very happy with my purchase! I love my car! It’s roomy and drives very well. The interior is a light gray and it looks great with the white exterior. The backup camera is a plus too

Great Car

This car checks all the boxes. We are a family of 5 who typically drive a suburban, but when we want something with better gas mileage but that we can all ride in comfortably, this is your car. There is so much room in the back. Nice interior and all the electronics to boot.

Very classy, smooth ride, with a lot of space

My Hyundai Sonata Sport is elite. It rides smooth, it's spacious, holds convenient functions, tons of storage space, reacts quickly and is super reliable. I've never felt safer in a vehicle.

Great used car.

So far I am very impressed with car. Always nervous buying a used car. But it was certified pre own and I put a bumper to bumper warranty on it just in case. The car runs great and looks great. Drive and handles real well. Looks and runs like it was brand new. Love apple play and all the interior features.

I love this car - comfort and reliability

Great price, comfortable, reliable and the dealer is fantastic. I have owned Honda and Acura in the past and feel this car has been more value for the money and actually more comfortable.

Most reliable car I have owned

This car is awesome it meets all of my needs. It has plenty of room good on gas. I received updates on recalls from the manufacturer

1.7

Worse car I've ever own.

Hyundai is full of it! Don't buy! I've had problems since I purchased. only had car for 2 months and power steering locks up when driving. Very dangerous. Hyundai Corporate and dealer will do nothing about it. Terrible, disgusting! Car is still under warranty only had 26,000 miles.