Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2013 FX37

2013 INFINITI FX37

2013 INFINITI FX37

Have You Driven the 2013 INFINITI FX37?

Great Sports Car

by Love My FX from Chattanooga, TN on Sat Dec 21 2013

I've just had my FX37 for a couple of months and I still love it! I bought mine used from a dealer. It's a blast to drive and is dressed to kill! The ride is a little firm, there can be road noise, and there's not much space in the back, but I really don't care because of the sheer thrill you get from driving this vehicle. One of my chief complaints is the not very good service I get at the dealer. Their quality control is almost non-existant because I've taken it twice to get worked on and both times there were shortcomings with them both. This does not take away from the driving experience, but it does make me want to find somewhere else to spend my money for oil changes and such. I recommend this car to people who like sporty cars. Otherwise you might be a little disappointed.

The Car I've Always Wanted

by Bob from Richmond Hill, GA on Tue Feb 26 2013

An Inifiniti FX37 is not for everyone. It's not the largest SUV. It's not the most plush SUV. And it's sure not the least expensive SUV. But it is perhaps the sportiest SUV. The seating arrangement is much more "sports car-like" than it is SUV-like. It's handling and exhaust note are, too. And for me, the styling of the exterior is second to none. Infiniti is a first class car maker and my dealer experience was first class as well. If you are looking for an SUV that is not a truck, the FX37 has more in common with a Nissan 370Z than a Nissan Titan.

Fabulous Body Style

by Business Owner from on Mon Dec 23 2013

I need an SUV for my daily driving. I have found most suv body styles boring. This is so sporty and well proportioned that people mention it everywhere I go! My other SUV did not compare to the tight handling of this energetic beauty. It handle exactly like the Porsche that I test drove prior to purchase. It is by far better looking and price is much more reasonable. The color combination is awesome. Creamy White exterior and light almost yellow cream enterior. The other colors do not appeal to me. Infiniti is missing out on potential customers with limited beautiful color combinations. Also, the spiffy large tires and long nose are what makes it look like a much higher priced auto. A design that is unmatched! An attention getter! Much more than I expected in an SUV that does not look like an SUV. The cargo space is very generous and comparable to my previous SUV, a Lexus. I chose this over the Mercedes M Class due to body design and tire appearance.

luxury suv

by mom from Memphis, Tn on Thu Oct 10 2013

Great suv, fun to drive and nice overall look. Would like at least one more cup holder in front and storage space. Also would love more mileage per gallon. Otherwise very happy wirh this purchase. Have had it 1 month.

Love this car!

by Rad Tech from Huntington on Wed Jul 19 2017

I have admired this style car for years, I love everything about it except that it takes Premium fuel, I wish they could design a high performance engine that does not require premium fuel. But aside from that, I love everything about it.

I like this car

by Zej from Alexandria on Sat Jun 02 2018

This is the first time that I have owned and infiniti. I therefore bought a used one. But perhaps the best part for this car is its safety and reliability. I was recently caught up in a storm in Ellicot city in Maryland. Unlike many sedans that had to divert their routes, I drove through some of the running water without any safety issue to my car or us the passengers. The car was smooth and steady. I recommend it.

I love this car!

by 808M3 from Big Island of Hawaii on Sat Jan 20 2018

I got this '13, fully optioned, at a good price. It had only 20k on it; practically new. Totally did not expect this level of feel from an Infinity product. I DD an M3 and don't ever regret driving my wife's car ;)

one of the best cars i owned

by kareem from oak lawn il on Wed Jul 19 2017

its a good car but the thing i dont like about it is that the interior is basic to me power of the car is amazing

FX -- Warts and All

by Luxury Crossover Consumer from HK and US on Mon Aug 19 2013

In the past 4 yours in HK, Tokyo and US, we've owned two Infiniti FXs, a BMX X5, a Lexus 350, and a Volvo XC90. Liked them all. I've driven the FXs, my wife (who shuttles kids to school in HK) drives/has driven the other three, although I've spent plenty of time behind them all. As for the FX, let's start with the Bad: First, Dealers. The car is a niche, luxury car. As such, the dealer should be more welcoming, more helpful and more pleasant. They aren't. I don't know if its arrogance, the extras, the commission system, whatever. It isn't a pleasant experience going there, negotiating with them, getting hard-selled, etc. They are simply too much like used car salesman. And, then as if to act your friend, they then send you to finance to do the extra hard, hard sell. Very offputting and nothing like the experience at the BMW or Toyota dealerships. You have to really want this car to put up with all that unpleasantness. In an effort to give them a second chance, we tried using website. Don't bother. In over 4 attempts, we've never, ever received a response. But, the dealership or website sure sends a lot of solicitations out as if they will respond. Don't bother responding to those either. You spend time responding to their invitation and they still don't respond. Second, Styling. My wife hates it. I almost completely love it. But, we'll call it bad overall. Why, so stylish that it results in huge blind spots, small space, and feeling less secure. For example, as sporty and drivable as it is, you'd like to take your buddies golfing. Nope, no way. Even for three and golf clubs, too tight. Plus, big blind spots. Rear sensors not helpful becuase positioned wrong. Dealer's response: We know. Well, if you know, fix it. Stupid to have the sensors always going off just because it senses the pavement beneath you. Third, Practicality. All other cars cheaper to service (mainenance included in BMW) and easier to move families around. But, all of that is countered by the car. Plush, perfect extras, feels great, drives great. Hence, it's my car and I put up with all the rest. If only we could purchase this car and get it serviced anywhere but Infiniti. And, that's the whole thing. The dealership, the webiste and the aftercare should match the car. They don't. That's not a sustainable business model. I'll buy my next one anyway, but, I'm seriously thinking that it should be a Three Strikes and you are Out experience.

Most Reliable Car and Best Performance

by landplane from MT on Sat Jul 27 2013

This is the second one I have purchased and this one seems to be improved over the one I got in 2003. The performance is outstanding including the pick up and go, cornering, and the brakes are fantastic. Very reliable, though if you try to contact Infiniti through their website they will never ever respond, which is a shame. They should remove their contact us information.

1 2

Our Take on the 2013 INFINITI FX37

If there's a model that puts the sport in sport utility vehicle, it's the Infiniti FX. Riding on a platform shared with the Nissan 370Z, the Infiniti FX drives like a tall-riding sports car. The only other SUVs that come close to this kind of driving experience are the BMW X6 and Porsche Cayenne.

While the 2013 Infiniti FX offers exceptional sportiness, it comes up short where utility is concerned, which limits its appeal.

We tested the V-6 version of the FX, whose name was changed to FX37 for the 2013 model year thanks to its new, larger 3.7-liter V-6 engine paired with a seven-speed automatic transmission. A V-8 edition, dubbed FX50, is also offered. The FX37 base price starts at... Read More