2002 Isuzu Axiom consumer reviews

side view of 2002 Axiom Isuzu
Explore the 2002 Isuzu Axiom
4.4

Great 4WD for Alaska winters

This Axiom has been a good car, one thing, though, is hard to find parts, example: I have been searching for a rear wiper arm, so far unsuccessful. It also takes ALOT if motor oil, dont know where it's going, as it doesn't leak . Not very good gas mileage for a 6cylinder. Pro: it handles GREAT for our Alaska winters, 4WD is wonderful

The best 8o8f the best

Have been driving this car for the last 17 years and I have never tired of it. And that is in NY traffic. Had seepage in oil pan this past summer. Changed oil pan seal and not a spec of sludge or metal particles anywhere. This truck is truly amazing. Handling has been great especially weaving in and out of traffic. I have always wished a return of Isuzus to American roads. I would definitely be the first in line for a new one.

SUV body style but with the performance of a truck

This little SUV is a great older vehicle that still performs wonderful. Great on dirt roads, muddy roads and highway. Would buy this vehicle again!

great car great on gas comfortable

first time owning an Isuzu and I must say I was and am impressed this vehicle has done exceeding and abundantly beyond what I expected.

4.3

Best ever SUV

I bought this new in 2002. I've been driving it all these years and only 2 things failed; the water pump had to be replaced 5 yrs ago, and this past Friday, May 30, 2014, the blower motor went out. Considering I live in Scottsdale, AZ with the extreme heat here, this vehicle has surpassed any expectation I may have ever had. Only thing is I am long legged, and I wish there was just about 2 " more length on the drivers side. I'm never going to sell this vehicle, I only have 78, 130 miles on it now, and I'm on my 4th set of tires; that's because they dry rot before I can get the mileage out of them. lol

2.1

Rust Bucket Axioms Google it if non-beleiver

I own a 2002 Axioum w/60k. Great veh for the snow. Unfortunetly if you live in a snow/salt zone you will began to contend with your frame and undercarriage rusting and rotting problem before your very eyes.Some are cars w/40-60,000 miles on them Affects 2002-2004 models. Has caused rear suspention parts to litterly fall off the car. Collisions have occure.d If NHSTA recall determines rusting is too bad...zap...you,re Isuzu is removed from the road. Then Isuzu factory reps offer very paltry sums..$1800-$2500 and do it rudely at that. SALT is not a friend of Axioms.

3.7

love it but...

I love my axiom, but dont get the gas mileage it claims. Other than that, i have no complaints. Its just the right size for the family, and not so high i cant get in but not too low either. I bought an suv because i have back problems therefore have issues getting in and out of cars.

1.9

worst car we've ever had

We loved our 2 previous troopers and wanted to downsize so we went with the axiom. BIG MISTAKE!!!! This car has been our worst nightmare. problems from about the first six months and Isuzu refused to take care of them. Thank God they went out of business

Amazing value for attractive, reliable vehicle

I purchased my 6-cyl automatic transmission Axiom because I was looking for an SUV type vehicle without an insane price. I had never seen an Axiom and when I finally saw this one, I thought "perfect". It looks great, drives great, and I've only had one minor ($125) issue aside from regular maintenance over the 4 years I've owned it. My previous cars have been Saabs and when I needed a larger truck type vehicle, I wanted one with all the luxury interior features without the luxury price. The Axiom has many of the luxury features my Saabs had: leather, heated seats, cd-changer, power mirrors, etc. It is kind of odd that the transmission doesn't have a dipstick to check the level. It is sealed and should only be checked by an Isuzu authorized mechanic. If an oil change technician says the transmission level was checked, ask them exactly what they did and make sure know what they're talking about. An internal transmission leak, which can cause slipping, is a common issue with this model. It is resolved by replacing a faulty transmission gastket ($125). So if it starts slipping, ask a mechanic to check that first. DO NOT FLUSH a transmission. EVER. Thats how I ruined my Saab. That's about it. It has been smooth sailing with this vehicle.

Years ahead of its time!

I really love this mid-sized suv. Best auto I've owned. Remote Power Door Locks, Power Windows, Cruise Control, 4-Wheel ABS Brakes, Front Ventilated Disc Brakes, Passenger Airbag, Cassette Player With Auto-Reverse, In-Dash 6-Disc CD Player, AM/FM Stereo, Total 8 Speakers, Privacy Glass: Deep, Silver Alloy Rims, Leather Steering Wheel Trim, Trip Computer, External Temperature Display, Dual Illuminated Vanity Mirrors, Front Reading Lights, Anti-Theft Alarm System, Bucket Front Seats, Split Rear Bench, Flip Forward Cushion/Seatback Rear Seats, Tilt-Adjustable Steering Wheel, Driver Adjustable Suspension Ride Control, Automatic Front Air Conditioning, Double Wishbone Front Suspension.