2001 Rodeo

2001 Isuzu Rodeo

2001 Isuzu Rodeo

3.8

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2001 Isuzu Rodeo?

Excellent

by lovemyrodeo from on Wed Sep 15 2010

I have owned two. My first was a 95 and now I have an 01. Drove the 95 to 250,000 without hardly any problems. Both are very reliable and have had hardly any repair issues besides the usual maintenance. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants an affordable, sporty SUV!

2001 Isuzu 186K miles

by First Car from Atlanta, GA on Wed Jun 18 2014

This is my first car. I wasn't interested in a bigger car since it seemed like it would be a pain to drive. I love it BUT it does have issues that need to be fixed that are inconvenient and make my parents worry. I bought it for $2,500 so naturally I expected problems, and some of them I don't mind. When I bought it the driver side door wouldn't open from the outside, but I somehow fixed it. The main problem is that it has a turn on problem. So far no one knows what the issue is except that it's electrical, and it's often a pain when I turn off the car to stop for gas or the store. It needs to be fixed and could end up costing a lot of money to fix. So far it will turn on if I let it cool so it's a matter of waiting for the car to cool down, but still. It usually handles the highway very well, but I have had the transmission light come on and off at high speeds around 70 mph when trying to shift(I think). It was fixed once before for awhile by my dad when he noticed something wasn't on fully beneath my shifter, so I'm hoping it's just that. I really love this car, and from what I understand I just got unlucky with the car itself.

faithful companion

by metafarmer from cincinnati on Fri Feb 04 2011

I owned my 2001 Rodeo for nine years and 152K miles. It was the most dependable vehicle I've ever driven. It handled snow and ice very well, was a great car for both city driving and long trips. It rode like a truck a lot of the times, but was still comfortable in most situation. I would say it was a great truck.

Jus keeps running and running

by rodeogirl from lexington, ky on Mon Aug 07 2017

When I purchased this car with 60,000 miles on it over 12 years ago, I had no idea I would fall in love. A lifelong truck or van owner, this purchase met my needs for a more car-like vehicle to tote around more than 1 passenger. It sits up high like a truck but has the interior comforts of a somewhat plush car - great sound system, super comfortable seats, and common sense ergonomics for the driver. Currently clocking in at just over 240,000 miles, this car has never let me down. If they still made these, I'd buy another one today.

I love this car

by Rodeo girl from FL on Sun Jun 13 2010

I rented one of these in Hawaii and fell in love. Bought one shortly after and loved loved loved it.

Long time owner

by MK from Alberta, Canada on Wed Jan 06 2016

I?m the original owner of a 98 Rodeo (18 years now), and I?ve been quite happy with it. There has been some repairs along the way, but these items were typically wear oriented ? IE: limited slip clutch pack, starter solenoid, etc. I?ve managed to perform most of the repairs myself and the vehicle is not to hard to work on. Bought the Rodeo shop manual with the vehicle. I like the Rodeo for its size and capability. There are not many vehicles in this size that are; body on frame, comfortably seat 4, can tow 5000lbs, and not take up much space in the garage. The 4:30 differential is wonderful for my 17? travel trailer. In my younger days I even went bush whacking with it and it performed well. Got me out of some places I should not have gone. In the winter I do wish it had an iron block as it cools off so quick, but I manage by completely sealing the front. Ride is a little stiff as I think the suspension is overbuilt. Cargo volume is good, roof rack is strong. I have a manual transmission, and here on the highway once the cruise is set, speed hardly changes ? no matter how steep the hills.

Best Car I've Owned

by PNW_Wildcat from on Tue Jul 30 2013

Owned my '01 Rodeo LS for 9 years and 120k miles. Very little maintenance required over those years. Handled snowy roads and high mountain trails like a champ. It's a shame they stopped making them after '04.

Excellence in reliability and affordability.

by Pete from CT on Sun Feb 13 2011

Best car ever for fair price. I've driven Isuzu Rodeo for ten years and never had any problems with it. Awesome car.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Best SUV I Have Had

by Samo Rodeo from Arizona on Mon Nov 12 2007

I love this car- it was my first car and ran very well! I would recommend to anyone looking! It is very reliable, looks good on the road and great for travel/camping etc. Safe and very few mechanical issues...

05AltimaSE

by Supraman from Endicott ,NY on Fri Oct 17 2008

I owned a 01' Isuzu Rodeo LS for 4 years, I have to honestly say, It was a good vehicle for me....very dependable...wasnt the most luxurious, but it was a good SUV...wasnt exactly fun to drive around, except for maybe in the winter. The reason I got rid of it was, its not a very fuel efficient vehicle....Hope this helps someone.

1 2