2001 Isuzu Trooper

A very good roomy SUV with good reliability

by from Florida on October 1, 2007

At 95,000 miles I have had to replace only the oil, tires and batteries. The ride is good and the seats are comfortable and firm. It pulls my 3,500 lb boat very good. The engine and transmission are like new. The interior and exterior remain like new. I wish they still made new Troopers. I have a 2003 BMW Z4 to compare quality to, so I am happy with this vehicle's quality.

Wonderful vehicle -- I miss it

by from Sacramento on May 20, 2011

I am an original owner of a 2001 Isuzu Trooper. I had placed $190,000 miles on this vehicle. Never had any problems with it. Just changed tires & oil change. It's spacious and versatile for what I need. It can actually accommodate 2 adult bikes in the back. The exterior remained immaculate for the full 10-yrs I have owned it. I just wish they got a better gas mileage. Overall, this was a wonderful vehicle.

Indestructible Jeeps

by from Portland on March 19, 2010

I drove a Trooper to Costa Rica and around Central America litter ally beating the heck out of it in stream beds and deep potholed roads, with never a problem - none. I have one now that I rolled in an accident in Colorado in the snow and after a new door and fender it was good as new with no effects 50,000 miles post accident. The transmissions are bullet tough and they stay tight and rattle free. My only complaint is the AC / Heater fan drag on slow speed

Awesome SUV

by from west covina, california on November 3, 2008

Purchased this SUV and its great! for a used vehicle I just had to change the tires, oil, had it detailed and it looks great!. The handling is good, very comfortable, the interior design and features fits me perfectly. its really the best value I got for my money. I have owned several SUVs before and so far this is the best!

Trooper review

by from Atl on September 4, 2007

This car has been excellent and I've had very few problems. The 4WD works amazing and has not ruined the transmission.

most reliable car I have owned

by from manchester, md on January 20, 2007

2001 95,000 and not one thing has ever gone wrong. Original brakes. Only tires and oil. I cannot say the same about my Ford truck.

All terrain reliability

by from Pearce, AZ on March 3, 2012

Most adaptable vehicle owned. Always ready to handle fast city traffic or steep rugged back roads. Plenty of room for 5, plus gear or luggage. Responsive turning and handling. Powerful engine.

Best Vehicle I've owned

by from Seattle, Washington on November 18, 2007

A pretty good SUV and very roomy and comfortable. Only needed to replace tires because it has over 90,000 miles and been through long hard driving miles.

Similar Models