2018 F-PACE

4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

Head turner

by Reese4078 from Sacramento, California on June 22, 2018

I read all the reviews I could find, and test drove the Audi, Lexus, Jaguar, and Mercedes SUVs. I found most of the professional reviews to be very accurate regarding all the vehicles driven. I ended up purchasing the Jaguar F Pace S. The supercharged V6 is diffinetly the engine to get. The ride is stiffer than the other SUVs, but not objectingly so. As I write this, I am on a 1500 mile trip with my wife and two teenage granddaughters. We have traveled up the California coast to Oregon. The handling on highway 1, and 101 in California was great. The ride is comfortable and the cabin noise is low. The passenger seats have plenty of room and the girls say they are very comfy. The luggage capacity is right at its limits with ALL the luggage brought by the girls. Still learning all the features of the car as it's only 2 weeks old. In one review I read, the reviewer was getting gas. A passerby commented ' nice Jag'. The professional reviewer commented on how rare that comment was especially considering it was a SUV. On this trip alone, I have received 5 such comments, with people waiting by the car to talk with me about it. It truly is a car that will garner attention. All the vehicle I test drove were very nice. I don't believe you would go wrong with any of them, but, they all have a different personality. The quest then is to find the one that matches your own. I am happy to say I succeeded.

Jaguar F-Pace Diesel VS Lexus RX350

by waldograph from Chicago, IL on May 6, 2018

This review is for the 2018 F-Pace 2.0 Diesel with 7,000 miles. Absolutely no technical issues till this day. Vehicle made in Great Britain, engine Great Britain, transmission from Germany. We are in early 40’s, in the garage we also have the 2016 Lexus RX350 made in Canada, and also no majors problems with this vehicle. Wife prefers RX350 because of roomier interior, quieter and softer ride, more luxurious interior feel, high end materials, brave exterior design, best LED headlights in the industry, overall: “women’s car”. l did notice about 80% women are RX’s drivers. I also liked RX350, but absolutely love the F-Pace. Best driving vehicle I have ever owned, pure pleasure on the turns. In my opinion best looking in the segment, handles like a sport sedan due to torque vectoring and sport suspension. Accelerates like another brand's gas V6’s due to turbo charger, and very high torque 318 ft. lbs. Absolutely great all weather performance due to standard Land Rover’s AWD technology (rear axle based!!). Very sensitive steering wheel specially in Sport mode – this vehicle really listens to you and you fully feel the car (Swiss precision). Great navigation system, many great features from 5 year free Jaguar Remote App, panoramic glass roof, large trunk. And absolute segment leader (including Hybrids) 32 mpg city, 38 mpg highway. Very cool movable gear selector knob, and the main thing: British prestige. Yes, there are small issues I did notice: interior should have more high quality (remember, mine is base model...), auto start/stop don’t remember your preferences after engine restart, not too roomie and no reclining rear seats (mine is base...maybe because this is sport not family car), rear and side visibility not to good, and weak base headlights (mine are not LED), mediocre base sound system, unpainted cheep plastic door handle inside, not very pleasant interior smell (mine is artificial leather, maybe that’s why). Quick conclusion: This vehicle is designed for people who enjoying driving, not for family soft and luxury cruising. It has legendary Land Rover off road roots, and the famous handling from Jaguar's long motor sport history. If you are bored of German or Japanese luxury cars, looking for something not thirsty, unique and prestige, handsome and fresh, sporty performing, handling, steering and accelerating, 5 years free maintenance and 5 years b2b warranty, F-Pace 2.0 Diesel is definitely for you. If you have a family, or looking for softer, quieter and luxurious ride, buy RX350. But please remember one thing: on winding roads driving super comfy RX350 you will be slower at least 30 mph. And last interesting info I just learned about how “boutique” this brand is: Jaguar sold in the whole USA the same amount of cars as BMW sold just in the Chicagoland in the same period of time. Would you like to drive something unique? Thanks for reading, and good luck with your decision!

Nimble, comfortable and fuel-efficient

by HoleyMoley from Delray Beach, FL on September 2, 2017

What began as a trip to the dealer to satisfy my curiosity ended up in love at first drive. The Jaguar F-Pace is probably the best car I've owned. Great handling, superb gas mileage -mine is diesel powered- and very comfortable cabin. Displays, electronics and sound system are superb. I've also grown dependent on active safety features like land departure warning/correct, blind spot monitoring and active cruise control.

Love the looks

by Kchin3 from Lanham, maryland on October 14, 2017

I am in love with my 2018 f pace, I love the looks I get from folks when they see it! It drives great and it was money well spent, nice to own a luxury vehicle with a great price tag

it is a Great Automobile

by Shirelle from Atlanta, Georgia on December 26, 2017

I have now own the F-Pace Jaguar for approximately three weeks and just love the automobile. This car turns heads, it pretty/beautiful, elegant looking, classy, and great on gasoline.

One of the best cars I've owned

by DickC from Lake Worth, FL on December 21, 2017

I've only driven the car 1,000 miles but so far I love it. The ride is great and the handling exceeds my expectations. All the current safety features perform as expected. I drive it in ECO mode and am still getting use to the various ways that this mode reduces gas consumption.

Our Racing Green F-Pace is a Joy to Drive

by Green Lantern from Bethesda, MD on January 3, 2018

Our metallic green diesel 2017 Jag SUV (owned since May) has been a wonderful choice -- it has nearly the cargo and passenger room of a mid-size SUV like the GLE with far better mileage. We get 40 to 44 mpg on highway trips spanning a 100 miles down to the Ocean. Six (6) years of driving a Prius before this SUV has taught me how to feather and float the accelerator). The slightly smaller size makes it comfortable on residential streets and to park. Our out-the-door price in the mid $40k positions it well against the German competition (Mercedes, BMW and Audi) and compared to Land Rover relatives like the Evoque. It is also not that much more than the top Jeep models, which don't compare in craftsmanship in my opinion. Handling and tracking curves inspires confidence and steering is very responsive. Transmission is the smoothest I have felt. If it also proves very reliable in time I plan to drive it for many, many years. Get one for yourself -- you won't be sorry.

Sporty, design are outstanding

by Jerry from Utah on January 26, 2018

Has a track mode with turbo, emergency brake is automatically when in parked, when car is in parked while is on, the front seats vibrates quite infrequently, a little bit expensive for the technology that has.

Most beautiful, and best performing car I owned.

by Neal from Atlanta, Ga. on May 30, 2018

Not only is it beautifully designed and finished inside and out, but technologically advanced and high level of performance. Lots of comfort and driver assist features. The Surround sound system is awesome!

liked so much I ordered one

by Ocnetman from Fountain Valley, CA on October 15, 2017

Perfect size SUV for me and my needs. I didn't want 7 passengers, however I wanted more storage room behind the second seat. This SUV is perfect in size. Performance is outstanding and the 8 speed transmission will deliver great highway mileage.

1 2 3 4