Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2008 X-Type

2008 Jaguar X-Type

2008 Jaguar X-Type

3.5

3 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2008 Jaguar X-Type?

Its hit or miss

by Cronos from wilton, Connectcut on Fri Mar 14 2014

I have a 2005 X Type. This car is hit or miss. I got lucky. Make no mistake about it, it is a labor of love. It is not Honda reliable, but so far. I have enjoyed it so much...I am looking for another one. I get 24 MPG with snow tires, and drive 70-75 effortlessly. The worst thing about this car, are the headlights. Be careful. Each light has two plastic supports that break easily. when they do..the headlights are facing the ground. I fixed them, but this is the price you pay.

Major Disappointment

by 3000GT from on Wed Dec 02 2009

Yes, the car looks nice. And people are impressed with the Jaguar name. And yes, the price is right. But that's where the positives end. Jags are known for poor reliability and mine is no exception. I bought a 2 year old certified used car still under factory warranty. Within the first 9 months I had put nearly $1000 into it and still hadn't addressed all of the problems. Before I can fix everything something new crops up (currently I have a loud squeaking noise at high speeds). Someone said it was comfortable for long rides. Well, I am 6', 200 pounds and I find it uncomfortably cramped. I have driven it from NY to the midwest and lets just say I am renting a luxury car the next time I make the trip. One consumer company (I forget which) rated the x-type the 5th worst car of the decade. Believe it. I am going to ditch mine as soon as possible.

Does not recommend this car!!