2017 XE

2017 Jaguar XE

2017 Jaguar XE

Have You Driven the 2017 Jaguar XE?

The new Jaguar XE 3 LITER AWD

by Keith of PA from Mount Pocono, PA on Wed Dec 14 2016

The car looks great and goes great. And scores in just about every area for me. 340hp and plenty of automation makes the car feel stable, its quiet with a supercharger and enough room in the front and not bad in the rear. Described in some of the articles as austere but I think just fine.Trunk a little small and here in the Poconos with snow and ice the automatic side mirrors became frozen and would not move. Looked at A4 did not like controls,A3 too small, MKZ bit too compact and the demonstrator did not know how to turn the radio off. The XF very similar except a little larger.Does this justify $200+ per month extra on a lease? One problem so far is the voice system does "not recognize English"?The dealer needs it back and says it may take over a day to fix the 6 computers talking to each other. Not a deal breaker but not a good start.The dealer valets a car to me and takes my car away to the garage 60 miles away. We will see how that works out... 12000 miles service intervals included in price. Pleasure working with the dealer as you might expect. So far I would recommend the car on looks, comfort and speed.

Jaguar XE 2.0 diesel

by Dangerous Dan from Fargo ND on Thu Mar 30 2017

With the demise of VW diesels I started looking for a replacement for my Jetta. The Jaguar XE looked to fit the bill perfectly. It is a few thousand less than the BMW 330d, and the aluminum body should hold up with no issues even in the frozen north where the highway crews spray the roads with car eating slime. The only other option I knew of was to wait for a Chevy Cruze diesel. I have had several gas Cruzes as rental cars, and I was pleasantly surprised by them, but they are not in the same league as the Jaguar. When you consider that for an extra 1/3rd of the purchase price you get the Jaguar package, the question is easy to answer: buy the Jag! The Jag rides like a dream. I was able to do over 1000 miles in one day and still get up and function the next day. If I ever see another curve I know it will go around them without a hitch. Coming from the VW diesel, the acceleration is more than enough for me. The car starts out feeling a little relaxed, but then it hits about 40 MPH and there is a surge. I have passed a car that was going about 50 and found myself going 80 about the time I came level with the front of the slower car. In town I know I am driving a diesel. On the highway at 75-85, I don't even hear the engine. The car is quiet enough to carry on a conversation at normal voice levels. One last feature worth mentioning is the remote via the phone. My wife and I thought that would be a gimmick, but I now believe that next winter we will be using it all the time to make sure the car is toasty warm when we get in on those cold north plains days.

Long time Jag-fan

by Jag fan from LA, CA. on Mon Jun 12 2017

Jaguar XE is fun to drive, the stylish, comfort, handling and it is so powerful when the turbo-charge kick in, you can even heard the engine sound like a sports car. yes, it is a good experience, yes, there is one thing I don't think is necessary , the engine auto-shut-down feature, because it really bothersome when driving down the street with lots of stop signs.

Not only is she luxury, she is a smooth ride.

by Miscoco74 from San Diego, Ca on Mon Feb 18 2019

This car definitely meets all of my needs. Great on gas mileage, it’s a smaller sedan, but it’s definitely spacious. The turbo power is unreal. The body is a sport look but definitely still luxury. Very happy.

2017 Jag

by Bella from Deerfield Beach, Fl on Tue Mar 28 2017

My experience has been lovely. It all started with the dealership and my salesman Ken Ianotti over at Wilde Jaguar. Car runs excellent and monthly payments are more than comfortable

I just bought it

by Mikeburg from N. IL on Fri Oct 19 2018

This car is fun, just as it sits. I have been looking at two cars and the dealership went out of the way to get me into this one

Does not recommend this car!!

Difficult entry and exit for 6' people.

by Jerry from Plaquemine Louisiana on Thu May 18 2017

once you get into the vehicle you are able to find a comfortable position. If you have large feet you must be careful not to hit both gas and brake pedals at the same time.

Most fun car I have ever owned

by JONSEY on Sun Jul 22 2018

This car was fun to say the least. The manual shifting paddles on the steering wheel made it feel like I was in a race car. Plus, being in a Jaguar turned a-lot of heads. With the supercharged AWD it hit the road with a bang. This car was also incredibly comfortable to drive. Highly recommended as it is addictive to drive.

Great Warranty and stylish vehicle!

by MCDANIEL from Georgia on Sun Dec 17 2017

I just purchased my first Jaguar and it drives like a dream. The great warranty allows me to have peace of mind as well and that's priceless.

head turner

by whitey from 14120 on Wed Jul 12 2017

got the fire red with the V-6, what performance! everything one reads about this car on other sites is true. the interior could use upgrades but so do most other entrey level luxury=sport cars ie BMW, Alfa,Lexus the Meridan sound system is unreal ..The salesman (Greg) that delivered the car spent over an hour with my wife & I going over all of the new tech. Never have we encountered this I thought we were buying a million dollar car

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2017 Jaguar XE

The verdict: The 2017 XE, Jaguar’s first small sports sedan in nearly a decade, is a dynamic car that rides exceptionally well. Warts show up in cabin materials and interior space, but it’s a worthwhile consideration nonetheless.

Versus the competition: The XE isn’t the roomiest or most luxurious choice in a crowded class, but it’s among the most fun to drive.

On sale now, the Jaguar XE comes in four trim levels plus a limited-run First Edition, each with a turbocharged four-cylinder gasoline or diesel engine, or a supercharged gas V-6. Rear-wheel drive and an eight-speed automatic transmission are standard; all-wheel drive is optional with the diesel and V-6. Stack up the trim levels... Read More