Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2007 Commander

2007 Jeep Commander

2007 Jeep Commander

4.2

Have You Driven the 2007 Jeep Commander?

Affordable Luxury

by New To Jeeps from Rutland, MA on Mon Jul 26 2010

Overall very pleased with my Jeep Commander. The wife made me get a model with more bells and whistles and boy was I glad she made me! Mine has leather, MP3 input, three piece sunroof, rear backup assist, power liftgate, and we had the dealer put on the Mopar running boards for a sporty, rugged look. This thing rides like a dream and we feel extremely safe in it with two young children. The vehicle is three years old and we constantly are getting stares as we ride through town and on vacation. If you've driven other SUVs the gas mileage isn't that different, but it is noticeable. I knew this going in so it was not a suprise, but the styling and overall driving experience more than make up for it. I traded in my lackluster Mazda CX-9 and have absolutely zero regrets! Too bad this model has been discontinued as there aren't many other boxy-styled budget-friendly SUVs on the market.

Best of all Jeeps

by Jeep Lover from Lynnfield,MA on Tue Jan 12 2010

This is my first car. I would take a jeep over any vehicle. This jeep is amazing!! It handles awesome in the snow and rain. It steers like a car. Excellent traction control. Has a lot of power in that engine and is pretty fast. I like the beeping sensors when you get too close to something while in reverse. Has a great stereo system. Some complaints are although it seats 7 passengers, they have very little space. The cup holders are tough to fit cups in and can break the cups.

My Favorite vehicle that I've owned.

by Jeep Lover from South Carolina on Thu Aug 12 2010

Very Roomy. Plenty of room for the whole family. The V6 has plenty of power for the highway and enough for towing and hauling. It has made a lot of my friends jealous. Very versatile SUV that I use for everthing.

I love this thing!

by Kevin from Annapolis, MD on Mon Feb 18 2008

I have owned a host of vehicles - Mercedes, BMW, Jeep, Toyota - and my family is big into cars. This, this Jeep is the most comfortable vehicle to drive. Hands down. I would take this over my parents Chayenne S. My brothers Range Rover, my German sedans. I feel safe in this car. I feel comfortable. And talk about quiet! I can drive down the interstate at 90 mph and still hear a whisper. Loads of room, lifetime powertrain warranty, etc. And a note on gas, when I drive calmly (not slow, still 90mph at cruising) I get 20 mpg. For a 7,000lb v8, that is good. Oh and I can use E85 if I care about hugging a tree :)

Wagoneer Two

by Chariot One from Indiana on Mon Nov 30 2009

My review of the Commander I own, is in comparison to all other SUV's, including other Jeeps. While my models is a 4x4 Sport with a third row and 3.7L V-6, I was surprised to find several standard features on an otherwise "base" vehicle. "Back-up" assist , standard 3-row side air-bags, and electronic stability control are found on my cloth, no leather, sunroof, or v-8 Jeep. Its styling is reminicent of my Cherokee that it replaced, and of past Wagoneers. I hit a 230 lbs deer and never felt it, and the vehicle....for such a large SUV handled better than many cars I have driven. It is quiet, and comfortable. Not as fuel efficient as a car, but as good as any other SUV. The V-6 is no race winner, but I do not tow, nor drive recklessly, so while not a dominant player on the interstate, she is plenty adaquet for passing on the highway, and merging into traffic. My only complaint is where the spare tire is located...which is exposed to the elements and criminals outside and underneath the vehicle. Some would complain about the rear seat room, and it is only suitable for children. if you need a thrid row for adults, then you should be buying a van or a suburban anyway.

Stylish and Reliable

by Cheer Mom from Covington, GA on Mon Aug 05 2013

Love the look and the comfort. Bought my Commander to carpool my daughter and her cheer squad to practice. Perfect fit for our family and I absolutly love the stylish features. In th 6 years I have owned it I have never had one issue with it. Still looks and drives like a new Jeep.

Fantastic Vehicle

by Justin P from Medina, OH on Tue Sep 19 2017

The most functional and reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Was able to transport whatever I needed where ever I needed to go with out ever having to worry. Can't say enough good things about this vehicle.

Jeep commander is very reliable.

by Tazman47 from Buffalo, NY on Fri Sep 15 2017

This vehicle rides with the comfort of a luxury SUV, which surprised me. It handles well and very easy to drive. The interior is so comfortable. I recommended it to my friends, and family.

Best Jeep ever!!

by Car collector from Eau Claire Wisconsin on Sun Jan 27 2008

My second Jeep first was a liberty. Now the commander, more room power, and style. Bought the Overland package and couldn't be happier! Had a couple of things wrong, but have owned several new cars and they all have little things to work out.

Best yet

by Pastor from Florida on Fri Oct 19 2007

1st car I ever owned was a 1942 Chevy coupe. I have owned 5 Dodge trucks, 2 Grand Jeep Cherokee's, and this Commander is the best yet. I like the looks best of all. I have always liked the box look of a car and this one has style in a box. I haven't used the 4X4 yet but Dodge made a Power Wagon many years ago that a goat couldn't keep up with and I think when I need it this car will do the job. Long driving situations I find myself so comfortable I want to sleep, but don't, the seats are good. I have had back problems ever seince I was hurt in Viet Nam in 1967 so if the seats in a car arn't good I can feel it right off. I like the way this car feels on the road, it apperars to be glued to the surface and won't let go even though I know ever car has it's limits. I must asdmit I bought this car used! It belonged to the owner of the dealership where I bought it and there was only 17000 miles on the odometer. I like to buy used because the depreciation was taken by smeone else all I have to do is retrain the car to my style of driving and this car is easy to do that in.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2007 Jeep Commander

The 2007 Jeep Commander's interior is roomy, handsome and well-designed. The SUV's 3rd-row seat is fine for kids but marginal for adults.

It does not seem that long ago that Jeep had only three models -- the Wrangler, Grand Cherokee and Liberty.

In fact, it wasn't that long ago. Just 2005. Now, we have the Wrangler, Grand Cherokee and Liberty, plus the Compass, Patriot and Commander. And really, the four-door Wrangler Unlimited is different enough from the regular Wrangler that it could almost be considered the seventh model.

Some would argue that Jeep has gone from having too few models to too many. But that's Jeep's problem -- and the problem of Jeep dealers trying to move them off the lot.

One of... Read More